Sponsored

skxf430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Macan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there an advantage going with the Ford one? Looks like they’re just the F70 and F200 models, except they’re more expensive than if you were to buy them from Thinkware or Amazon.
Not sure, but I am hoping the Ford version is plug and play.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for showing the mounting position of the rear facing camera in a soft top Bronco, I've been wondering how that would work. I have one in our Jeep Grand Cherokee which is mounted to the rear window. Going to transfer it to the Bronco when it arrives, and hadn't seen where people were mounting them.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, thanks for the heads up on mounting locations. Front is pretty standard but we do have a unique situation for the rear camera. For those that don't think the rear camera is important, I would think about that again. Lots of rear end fender benders and with many the bad guy drives off. This is especially true in a parking lot. In a parking lot you have about a good a chance of getting hit in the rear as you do the front, maybe more if you back into spots near cars that pull forward opposite you. :unsure:

I also have another reason for adding a rear camera. I may sometimes opt to monitor the cabin area when parking with top down (or up for that matter). With cloud based systems, you can even get alerts that someone is triggering it on your phone in real time. Thus, I am thinking about having that rear camera setup to record more of the cabin area, sort of like the OP has it partially here. Another solution is to mount it in the back but then rotate it when parking with top down (if around a lot of foot traffic vs cars). You almost need a third camera, one for the front, one for the rear, and one for the passenger compartment :). But since soft-tops don't have a good location inside in the very back (like most cars), rotating it to face back towards the interior is going to be problematic. Hmm, maybe outside on the tire or brake light.... :unsure: I need to study this more once my Bronco arrives.

Last edited:

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! I just put the same dashcam in my Flex to get a bit of use in to make sure I'll like one in the Bronco as well. I didn't like the adjustable clip it comes with so I had to 3D print a new one. OP, does your back camera seem a bit lower-resolution compared to the front? Both are labeled as 1080p but it seems like the front is clearer on mine.

For the windshield, I added a piece of black vinyl (Oracal 651 matte black) so it blended in nicer and didn't have the adhesive visible from the outside.

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I just put the same dashcam in my Flex to get a bit of use in to make sure I'll like one in the Bronco as well. I didn't like the adjustable clip it comes with so I had to 3D print a new one.

For the windshield, I added a piece of black vinyl (Oracal 651 matte black) so it blended in nicer and didn't have the adhesive visible from the outside.
Good idea on the vinyl!

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

isn't it only 720p?

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

isn't it only 720p?
It’s 1080p. I’ll eventually upgrade to 4k, but wanted to try this out first since this my first time using a dash cam.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good idea on the vinyl!
If you do this, keep in mind it'll look weird at first. A little time in the sun smooths out the adhesive.
I'm on absolutely terrible hotel wifi -- here's a gallery from putting a rearview mirror in. Somewhere in there you can see how bad the vinyl looks when you apply it, versus how it smooths out after a bit of sun. I can't get links to the specific images.

Sponsored

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s 1080p. I’ll eventually upgrade to 4k, but wanted to try this out first since this my first time using a dash cam.
yea I see they have a 4k one that does 2k front and 2k back. I have a 4k one that has the camera built into a rearview mirror and comes with a rear camera. Works really well and video quality is easily noticeable.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice…. I’ll be adding dash cams and my radar detector.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s what I was curious about. So I guess the images are stored on the SD card or can be viewed online?
Yep, thats how it will work records steady so you always have it going in the event you get a wreck or someone breaks in the car or hits it while you are away

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for sharing - I’ve got the thinkware Q800Pro front and rear cams arriving later this week…was just thinking about where I would put the rear camera. I was thinking of keeping it primarily on the back window but then either move it to a pillar or just disconnect it completely when I got topless. I’ll likely leave the back rooftop panel on most of the time anyways.

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 3 different camera at ford accessories online . which one is this one. I see the $200 labor

this is my first upgrade. I’ll order

this would be my first upgrade for my Base Bronco. There are 3 Cameras available at ford accessories online. I see the $200 labor. I guess I’ll have problem when I tint my rear windows..
Don’t quote me on this, but I think Ford offers the F200 (not sure if it’s the Pro version) and F70. Cheaper to get the non-Ford versions though. You won’t have a problem with the rear windows being tinted. The problem only occurs when you buy the optional CPL filter for the front camera and your front windshield is tinted. Works just fine without the CPL filter.
Sponsored