Sponsored

Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco 4dr; 2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Photos attached here. Installation required me to remove the tube step and re-attach it (doesn’t seem right). I have reached out to weathertech to make sure this is correct. It does not sit flush and the tube step pushes it back about a half inch into the wheel well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I overreacting? Thanks!

4404091A-4BC8-4C07-A53E-B658851FB634.jpeg

657C7E33-A259-4642-AFFA-2168AB3CF756.jpeg

D688F3DA-DB8E-42DA-A39A-190C76E52588.jpeg

0102E496-C200-4B9B-B020-0FC70148793D.jpeg

326830CF-1045-40E2-8C34-9DAF1ECC6A9B.jpeg

E18B8828-CFAD-4EC6-9173-C66C415C18EA.jpeg
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d say that doesn’t look right but I see the weathertech contours to the body panel correctly…

I’ve got them on my badlands and they mate to the rock rails nicely… wonder what’s up with these

OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d say that doesn’t look right but I see the weathertech contours to the body panel correctly…

I’ve got them on my badlands and they mate to the rock rails nicely… wonder what’s up with these
Yeah thank you. the photo that weathertech sent me was of a Badlands trim. I just followed up with them to see if it’s not meant for an OBX, but I’m pretty annoyed because that was not advertised.

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah thank you. the photo that weathertech sent me was of a Badlands trim. I just followed up with them to see if it’s not meant for an OBX, but I’m pretty annoyed because that was not advertised.
It looks like they have the indentations for the rock rails (which come standard on badlands and black Diamond) but there doesn’t seem to be a cutout for the steps

If you don’t keep these, search the forum for mudflap options. There are some recent ones that are priced right ($150-ish for the set of 4) and look better than the WeatherTech ones (imo)

If it makes you feel any better about it, I’m not impressed by them on my rig. The cutout allows rocks to pass through (mostly when I’m turning) but I have Sasquatch. I’m thinking about swapping mine out

OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks like they have the indentations for the rock rails (which come standard on badlands and black Diamond) but there doesn’t seem to be a cutout for the steps

If you don’t keep these, search the forum for mudflap options. There are some recent ones that are priced right ($150-ish for the set of 4) and look better than the WeatherTech ones (imo)

If it makes you feel any better about it, I’m not impressed by them on my rig. The cutout allows rocks to pass through (mostly when I’m turning) but I have Sasquatch. I’m thinking about swapping mine out

Good to know. Yeah I’m gonna start looking for another option. Oh well, I suppose. This mud flap situation is a complete mess.

Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the issue you're having is the crash bar.

Rekgen is SAS only and you may have a similar result.

I would get Rokblokz.

OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you installed RokBlokz? Thanks all

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here are my RokBlokz. 2dr BD. Original size. Of course I will remove when rock crawling in Colorado. Just want to keep my paint driving gravel roads here in Kansas.
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct DSC00988.JPG
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct DSC00989.JPG
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct DSC00990.JPG
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct DSC00991.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Look good, thank you!

Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the summer when I was looking for mud flaps, I could have sworn the weathertech ones were advertised as saquatch only. I could be mistaken, and things could have changed, but the sasquatch only was why I ruled them out for my non-sas Badlands and went with the Mabbett front-only option.

OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Back in the summer when I was looking for mud flaps, I could have sworn the weathertech ones were advertised as saquatch only. I could be mistaken, and things could have changed, but the sasquatch only was why I ruled them out for my non-sas Badlands and went with the Mabbett front-only option.
Thanks. They offer non-sas now. What’s annoying is you specifically select that option when you order on their website and they say it will fit.

OP
OP

Madeitthisfar

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Weather tech confirmed with me today that this installation is “correct” based on my photos.

Doesn’t seem right and will look to replace. Thanks all!

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good to know, I run their mud flaps on my Super Duty and was pretty happy with them. Looks Like I'll be going a different route for the Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Photos attached here. Installation required me to remove the tube step and re-attach it (doesn’t seem right). I have reached out to weathertech to make sure this is correct. It does not sit flush and the tube step pushes it back about a half inch into the wheel well.

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I overreacting? Thanks!

Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct DSC00991.JPG

Looks better than the Maybett's I installed yesterday!

This is without altering their brackets. Not exactly glove-tight what with the 4" gap for the inner attachment point of the flap.
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct 20230212_124251

Every bracket had to be modified about 20 degrees. Every threaded bracket hole had to be chased clean of debris and both rear flaps had comically undersized pass-through holes for hardware that all had to be opened by at least 1/8" just to thread hardware through.

Thr Weathertechs look drastically better than that!
Ford Bronco Installed Weathertech Mud Flaps on OEM Non-Sas OBX 4-door and fit does not seem correct 20230212_125930

^ the 90 degree bend is how they came. Not even close to where they needed to be. Enter a vice plus BFH.
Sponsored