Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are awesome, thank you! I guess I have enough hardware for one flap today!
You'd probably be able to find the screws and workable clips at any hardware store. Hard to believe they would have sent it out that way to you though. Call them up and tell them they shorted you.
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed these today. Agree, the instructions sucked. They look way better in person and now every time I see gravel I won’t tense up thinking it is about to tear up my doors.

Focusman

Big Bend
First Name
Franny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Lincoln Aviator, 2dr Bronco Sas.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also recently installed front Weathertech mud flaps and have to say they sure seem to keep the sides of Bronco cleaner. Was able only to drive in rain and recent snow storm slush. For the money a great deal and have gotten used to the look .Well satisfied

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn’t go with the Weathertechs but did do the OEM mud flaps and still got a couple chips on the last 1/3 of the door where it curves under.
I guess I’ll ppf the lower part also.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 4 door Black Diamond with the Sasquatch package coming shortly (Ford told me I'd have it in April). In order to get the correct rear Weathertech mud flaps you have to pick between two rear bumper pictures. Does anyone know which picture is the correct one for my vehicle. Worst case, I'll wait until I take delivery, but I was hoping to instal them on the day I picked it up. Thanks.

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had been on the WeatherTech waiting list for mud flaps for months. Got an e-mail this morning saying they were in, but when I went to the site I got a message saying they were not in and a form to fill out again to get notified. So either they sold out in the time it took me to respond to the e-mail, or they were never in in the first place. Anyone else?

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If anyone is still watching this thread: could you let me know what brand & model works with OEM sidesteps and no SAS, stock tires? Steamboat is down at Ford Service and has to stay in the hospital overnight as they just figured out their OEM flaps don't work w/ the steps. (Also have a note into Weathertech, but they haven't been super responsive in the past.)

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Weathertechtoday (2/18):

"Good morning, Cat-

Thank you for your patience!
I contacted our Engineering department to provide you with some additional information.

Each WeatherTech MudFlap is individually designed to create the best MudFlap available.
Ease of installation, vehicle protection, and aesthetics are constant influences in this. Usually pushing back at each other.

Part 110140, the Ford Bronco front Mudflaps, were challenging and required special considerations.

- Ease of installation and removal if desired - The traditional J-shaped design was deviated from the basis that a drilled upper connection point would be required.
-Quick release fenders would also need MudFlap separation if desired. The On/off removability would be more difficult and leave a permanent attachment hole.
- Without a secure attachment, the molded plastic coming up following the lines of the fender would create a vibration point. The material would eventually be rubbed away.
-The traditional J-shaped design would also create a pocket for rocks and debris to accumulate inside the fender.

[First 3 pics, below]

Vehicle protection was considered with the gap created. The centerline of the tire in relation to the gap would be below. Debris would be unlikely to travel through the trajectory and reach the door panels. Nylon u-clips versus steel u-clips were also supplied to avoid galvanic corrosion.

[Second set of 3 pics]

Aesthetics were considered with our traditional bulbous MudFlap design. However, with requirements to avoid the rock rails, tube step, and large 35” wheels, design
modifications to the traditional MudFlap needed to be implemented. The bulbous design on the outer half was left, to create strength on the extension outer part.

[Last 3 pics]

I hope this helps!
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re happy to help.
Best Regards,"
image003.png
image004.png
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.png
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
Thank you Cat for posting all of the detailed info provided by Weathertech. The price went up a little but I found some on sale for the holiday so ordered a set. I too was thinking the front flaps were a little strange looking but once reading the design issues, it all made sense. Especially like that they even considered the galvanic corrosion issue which a lot of us in northern climates would have to deal with. The only other one that offers anything similar was the RekGen but they don't offer a rear flap if you have a metal bumper. Just look at the threads on here about their hardware rusting., even the $1000 gold plated flaps. Then think about what that is doing to your aluminum fender.

Now just need the Bronco which is being built this week.
Sponsored