NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dunno what planet you live on but 50k is a lofty sum. That’s what the average American makes in a year.
The Bronco starts at $28k with 4x4.
iirc the 4Runner starts at $38k when you option for 4x4

No one has to spend $50k to get a very capable Bronco. Realistically base+squatch has everything you could need.

Relatively speaking the Bronco is a steal if your not afraid of a turbo.
Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The biggest hit is going to be the convertible nature of the bronco. compare the insurance of a 4runner or FJ Cruiser to a Wrangler. I assume the bronco will be closer to a Wrangler in pricing.
My ~500hp 2012 Wrangler is cheaper to insure than my 2014 Focus, lol

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
yea a new mustang was cheaper to insure than my new fiesta when i had it.
A big part of it is the demographic that buys the vehicles. It’s why Corvettes are cheap to insure but 2dr Honda Civics are expensive.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A big part of it is the demographic that buys the vehicles. It’s why Corvettes are cheap to insure but 2dr Honda Civics are expensive.
yea the fiesta was the most expensive vehicle i have had insurance wise. The NA and ND miatas were cheap, the Veloster N was cheaper than the fiesta, my WRX is cheaper than the fiesta.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Liberty Mutual insurance and they have a page that will give a quick quote to add a vehicle with your current coverages. They don't have Bronco listed yet in the drop-down menus but you can also enter a Vin. So, I tried entering a few different Bronco Vins that I found online from CarGurus where they get listed automatically from dealers orders. The difference in price between an Outer Banks with 32" tires and a First edition was less than $100 a year ($1000 vs $1100). For reference, I live in NJ which has high car insurance rates and the quote was assuming that i'd keep my other cars on the policy (An FJ Cruiser and a beater Suzuki compact wagon). I'd guess that the rate difference is probably more about the price of the vehicle than the actual tire size

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Liberty Mutual insurance and they have a page that will give a quick quote to add a vehicle with your current coverages. They don't have Bronco listed yet in the drop-down menus but you can also enter a Vin. So, I tried entering a few different Bronco Vins that I found online from CarGurus where they get listed automatically from dealers orders. The difference in price between an Outer Banks with 32" tires and a First edition was less than $100 a year ($1000 vs $1100). For reference, I live in NJ which has high car insurance rates and the quote was assuming that i'd keep my other cars on the policy (An FJ Cruiser and a beater Suzuki compact wagon). I'd guess that the rate difference is probably more about the price of the vehicle than the actual tire size
Yea that difference is likely solely on the MSRP difference.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last I checked a few months ago it was reasonable. But I think I threw out an MSRP that was almost $10k lower than where I am at now. LOL!

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insurance is mainly a function of vehicle value, historical risk profile of the driver, historical risk profile of the vehicle, and coverage terms (i.e. limits). I don't know of any insurance company that uses 33s vs. 35s in their risk calculations for the same model vehicle, I don't think that's even tracked.

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

from my auto insurance days, and having to go with the whole situation with my wife's car that just died, like others have said, the tech and the safety features, as well as the anti-theft are going to drive the rate of insurance down. Especially with a lot of hybrid working schedules as well for some people/clientele, the insurance would not be bad at all I do not believe. The bronco will be a depreciating asset off the lot, so once that 6 month hits for a rate shopping/reevaluation it most likely would be cheaper.

Sponsored

Erasmus

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 89 ford probe gt for about 8 years, at about year 6 the insurance actually went up. I called my agent, she said the original owners are trading out and young kids are buying used and crashing. WTF

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also if you historically have lower liability limits (<$100,000/300,000 bodily injury, $300,000 combined single limit) bump them up to at least 100/300 then request a quote elsewhere. I cant tell you how many times I saw the difference when the same person called in having lower liability limits vs > 100/300 and how much that alone reduced rates. Its a wacky game but there are ways to save and not reduce coverage.
Wait, are you saying that sometimes selecting higher limits is actually cheaper?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, are you saying that sometimes selecting higher limits is actually cheaper?
Depends on a ton of variables but yes I've seen it countless times, for multiple states (was licensed to sell in all 50). If you think about it from a statistical perspective it makes sense considering this is how underwriters evaluate new business, and drivers with higher liability coverage tend to be less risk, which could help to lower your new quoted price elsewhere. It's not a universal deal everywhere but its an overall win win in my opinion at least to test.

OP
OP
Qman68

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a 89 ford probe gt for about 8 years, at about year 6 the insurance actually went up. I called my agent, she said the original owners are trading out and young kids are buying used and crashing. WTF
That's probably the classic Cherokee issue...lots of off roading youngsters.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A long time ago an agent told me this....."the longer you go without an accident (with your current insurance. Co.) The more likely it is the insurance Co will cancel your ins. " Why you ask.....simple answer is... the odds of you having an accident go up the longer you go without an accident. We all.know how ins. companies do not like to pay claims.
Sponsored