Sponsored

Intelligent Access - Can it be added to Key function Without the Mid Package?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
The only thing I want in the Mid Package is Intelligent Access, since I've grown use to the feature in my Focus ST.

Question: Can my key be reprogrammed to give me Intelligent Access w/o the Mid Package? It seems to me that necessary the hardware is already in all Broncos, but I'm not sure. Proximity sensors are in the vehicle which allows push button start with the key in the vehicle. Anyone have technical knowledge on this issue? It would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perhaps - but I sincerely doubt it would be cheap.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe there is a sensor in the door handle that is required as well. From what I can tell on my Focus. And that sensor is read by the body controller, so at the very least I think you need to add the sensor, possibly the wiring to it, and reprogram / reconfigure body controller.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anything is always possible for a price! But agree with @jwoobs

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It'll cost you way more than Mid package itself.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid package seems like such a great value, unless you are going base and it isn't available, of course. I don't know for sure but usually there are additional proximity sensors required in the door handles to detect when you are nearby, and of course, the handle itself has a button on it.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for 600.oo you can add an aftermarket Proximity sensor it will unlock your doors when the key fob is in range..

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The mid package seems like such a great value, unless you are going base and it isn't available, of course. I don't know for sure but usually there are additional proximity sensors required in the door handles to detect when you are nearby, and of course, the handle itself has a button on it.
the mid package IS a great value, unless you want it with a manual transmission on a BB or BD. Then you're SOL because for some stupid reason you can't get mid/manual on anything except BL.

Maybe if they allowed BD mid manual in 22 I could be convinced to upgrade my order from a base, but I'm definitely not going all the way to BL

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the mid package IS a great value, unless you want it with a manual transmission on a BB or BD. Then you're SOL because for some stupid reason you can't get mid/manual on anything except BL.

Maybe if they allowed BD mid manual in 22 I could be convinced to upgrade my order from a base, but I'm definitely not going all the way to BL
yup. just tried it. can't get a BB w Sas w Mid w Manual tranny. As soon as I pick Mid pkg, the manual goes away and Auto showed up. Fn Ford.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yup. just tried it. can't get a BB w Sas w Mid w Manual tranny. As soon as I pick Mid pkg, the manual goes away and Auto showed up. Fn Ford.
Ford: "You can't get a manual transmission with the mid package unless you pick one specific and expensive trim"
Ford: "You can't get a manual transmission with the better engine"
Ford: "You CAN finally get a manual transmission with the sasquatch package, but you have to pay for the automatic anyway"
Also Ford: "See! I told you no one wanted a manual transmission The take rate is terrible!"
Sponsored