Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was unclear. I meant to reference the comparison sheet to see the packages they all started with. On the website itself under exterior features they are also listed for the First Edition. Wildtrak contradicts this, but the preproduction versions all have painted handles.
I think its just a typo or incorrect information on the Ford website for Wildtrak with molded door handles. Features pdf says that the Wildtrak is OBX plus these features. If you look at the Canadian Ford website it says body colored door handles. CGI images also show body color. My bet is on body color.

https://www.ford.ca/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-wildtrak/

I like the contrast of the black door handles.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OBX, Wildtrak, and FE all come with painted items. The FE and Wildtrak are OBX optioned out with the exception of the FE getting a disconnect.
The other three models get the plastic fleet supply handles and mirrors.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how Ford handles things, but from my experience, any part not painted in the factory came already pre-painted and was able to be ordered as such (mirrors, trim pieces...).

Side note: This is great while the vehicle is in production, but sucks when you need a certain color replacement part 10 years after production stopped. ?
If Im not mistaken, on my wife’s grand cherokee she hates the chrome handles and when I went pricing out replacement white handles, thats when I found they were in primer and Id have to have them painted. I said forget it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If Im not mistaken, on my wife’s grand cherokee she hates the chrome handles and when I went pricing out replacement white handles, thats when I found they were in primer and Id have to have them painted. I said forget it.
Any sort of trim panel or body part that's body color on the vehicle comes this way. They don't keep a ton of them around in every color.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang this is news to me, I didn't know the mid package comes with painted door handles, I am somewhat disappointed by this, as my current vehicle an 06 f150 has plastic door handles there are honestly my favorite thing, I don't have to worry about getting scatch from fingernails or even rock chips, well cool beans I guess

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang this is news to me, I didn't know the mid package comes with painted door handles, I am somewhat disappointed by this, as my current vehicle an 06 f150 has plastic door handles there are honestly my favorite thing, I don't have to worry about getting scatch from fingernails or even rock chips, well cool beans I guess
The mid package does not give you colored handles. I have had colored and chrome handles on all the Fords I have owned and not once has one scratched or chipped. I have seen our fleet vehicle plastic handles fade to a nasty grey so there is that to look forward to.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post isn’t stating that mid package gives you painted door handles. I was just thinking it might be an option that comes with intelligent access on the Mid Package. Don’t worry, it is probably not the case!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think black plastic door handles scream off-road SUV. I’m cool with them.
I'm with you there....the black handles give it the "right" look for what it is. The painted handles scream "Explorer"....not what I want in an off road Truck. I like the contrast.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it’s looking like those of you who said mid package wouldn’t add painted door handles are correct. I am assuming the newest Badlands Overland Concept in Area 51 is the closest Bronco to production spec there is (aside from the accessories).

Sorry for any confusion this caused anyone!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This post isn’t stating that mid package gives you painted door handles. I was just thinking it might be an option that comes with intelligent access on the Mid Package. Don’t worry, it is probably not the case!
We saw in the Overland Badlands today that you can have the intelligent access handles with the MIC finish, so there goes that theory, unfortunately.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We saw in the Overland Badlands today that you can have the intelligent access handles with the MIC finish, so there goes that theory, unfortunately.
Yup! I posted that just before you did.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This was brought up briefly in another thread, but I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it. I am thinking that with the addition of the Mid Package to any of the Broncos, you may get painted door handles because of Intelligent Access. I am specifically referring to the lock/unlock feature on the outside door handles.

I have yet to see a Ford with MIC door handles that also has Intelligent Access. I am sure it is possible, but I am not sure it has been done before, or that they are planning to start doing it with the Bronco. If you look at the comparison pdf on Ford's website, all of the trims that come with Mid Package or above also include painted door handles.

Ford Bronco Painted Door Handles With Intelligent Access bb-door

Is this what you are talking about? Looks like you touch it and enter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painted Door Handles With Intelligent Access bb-door

Is this what you are talking about? Looks like you touch it and enter.
Yup. That's what I was talking about. I had never seen a Ford that had it and MIC door handles before. All the models, including trucks, I have seen it on have painted or chrome.

This Badlands has the Lux Package which means it has Intelligent Access and clearly has the MIC door handles. Unless painted is an option we don't know about, this proves my theory wrong.