First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve notice that on most Bronco models, Ford has an “Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start“ option ( usually in Mid package). I looked into it further and it’s something that is standard on most modern cars (odd it’s an option). It allows you to keep the key fob in your pocket to open and lock doors.

Ford explains it in detail here:

So, unless you get this option, you will need to press the key fob to lock and unlock the doors.
I have driven a 2013 Focus ST for 7 years with the Intelligent entry and it is a MUST. Being able to grab the handle and open it without fumbling for the key in your pocket is fantastic, and once you've had it, you cannot go back.

I now see that this option isn't available on the Base. WTF, imo it should be STANDARD on all Broncos! Ford is going to have A LOT of unhappy customers that cannot get things they want while having to get things they do not want. Ugh!
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bummed my base Bronco won't have the keyless entry, thats one of my favorite features on my Acura right now. Its one of those things that doesn't seem like much, but makes life so much easier.
Absolutely stupid that Ford doesn't allow this option on the Base model. It is IMPOSSIBLE to order a Bronco the way I want it. I bet most buyers won't get the exact Bronco they want. Crazy!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have it on my Grand Cherokee. Very convenient feature. My fob never has to leave my pocket. Not saying I couldn't live without it. But it's one of those features you get used to pretty quick and would miss if you didn't.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t have it on my truck because it is older. But, we do have it on the wife’s SUV and it is a nice feature. However, it has absolutely no impact on my buying decision, I just don’t feel Ike it’s that important. If I go BaseSquatch it won’t have it, if I go full beserker and get the WT it will.

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You've obviously never had a car with this feature. Once you've had it, it is a horror to buy an expensive vehicle without it.

However, it has absolutely no impact on my buying decision, I just don’t feel Ike it’s that important. If I go BaseSquatch it won’t have it, if I go full beserker and get the WT it will.
I’m with GotGOAT, I’ve had it on a couple of cars. It’s nice.

But pushing one button on a key fob up to 30 ft. away from your vehicle is an incredibly easy thing to do.

Intelligent access has zero impact on what I buy and would never be a must have feature for me.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m with GotGOAT, I’ve had it on a couple of cars. It’s nice.

But pushing one button on a key fob up to 30 ft. away from your vehicle is an incredibly easy thing to do.

Intelligent access has zero impact on what I buy and would never be a must have feature for me.
I have two very young girls and always seem to be carrying something (or someone) when I approach my car. Just grabbing the handle and opening is awesome. Unlike the 2.7L or the hardtop, I could probably live without it, but why should I have to? If I was Mr. Ford, I'd like my Base customers at least have the option to buy it.

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like this thread created by ford to make you spend 50k+ by skipping Base model. Its nice feature but you will be fine without it.

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was Mr. Ford, I'd like my Base customers at least have the option to buy it.
You’d be doing exactly what Mr Ford is doing unless you wanted to decrease earnings and crater the stock price of the Company.

Options are restricted to “force” consumers into higher trims. No one thinks Aluminum wheels, leather bits and tint is worth $4,800. But if you want to order the mid package you will pay that to get a BB.

$200 for intelligent access (insert any other low cost “must have“ options like heated seats) or $6,400 for BB and Mid? Ford is picking $6,400, which is almost all profit. Sure they lose $200 on those that don’t go up. But that fat $6,400 (and up) payday more than offsets. And it’s not just BB — you’re still paying that same premium on trim levels above BB.

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the version of this on all three of my vehicles right now. It’s great, I love it ..... BUT.
I accidentally washed my key fob and had to get a new one - what a PITA. You have to take the vehicle into the dealer (MX appointment) so they can program a new key to the car. Gooooooood luck getting that done out in some remote area after your fob falls off a cliff/into a lake/big foot tries eating it like jerky.

JK

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are hoping to recreate the process of starting an airplane? ?
Yeahhh I’ve never flown a Push (one)button start airplane. And I’ve flown a few .... ??‍✈

JK

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel like this thread created by ford to make you spend 50k+ by skipping Base model. Its nice feature but you will be fine without it.
LOL. You got me. My name is Bill Ford. ?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I now see that this option isn't available on the Base. WTF, imo it should be STANDARD on all Broncos! Ford is going to have A LOT of unhappy customers that cannot get things they want while having to get things they do not want. Ugh!
That‘s one of the reasons for this thread. To let me people know what to expect. I assumed it was standard as well, because of the push button start. I just didn’t know it was called intelligent in Ford speak. ?
Sponsored