First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the upgrade door handles are probably worth $300. I will just leave my doors in the garage, problem solved.
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not having the key is a pretty big pain in the butt whether you have intelligent access or not
You can get a regular key/fob cut/copied almost anywhere like Ace Hardware.

Canā€™t do that with these. Itā€™s a trip to the dealer. And itā€™s a pain.

JK

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If your fob falls off a cliff, intelligent access or not, you're kinda SOL
Unless you can get to it. A physical key will still open a door a FOB might not survive the fall and then you are back to having to go to the dealer to get a new one.

How the FOB gets fā€™d up isnā€™t the point here - the point is these ā€œkeyless entry/intelligent accessā€ FOBs are A) pricey ($300~) and B) a major PITA to replace.

The system IS super convenient and Iā€™ll still get it, but that doesnā€™t change the fact that they CAN be problematic in some ways.

JK

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have something similar with my Mazda and only people who have never had it are quick to dismiss it.

Having to never take your key out is great. Don't know if Ford will have all the features of my Mazda but...

I walk up to my car (Door or Trunk), press a button on the door and it opens. Get inside, press a button and the car starts.

Then when I'm at my destination, I stop the car, get out and shut the door and the car locks itself as I walk away.

I'm probably going to have to step backwards so much going to this Bronco... but I can't take my Mazda off road ;)

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have it currently and itā€™s meh. Itā€™s nice sometimes but since Iā€™m OCD, itā€™s not good when locking the doors, have to use the key fob šŸ¤¬ Itā€™s just another minor convenience that makes you more lazy to rely on technology. Itā€™s nice and yes I will have it on my bronco, but I wouldnā€™t miss it if I didnā€™t have it

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a question, do ANY of you guys ever remember something that looked like this??

1598664106262.png

Exactly... stop being lazy and push the button or turn the key... kids today ?
most familyā€™s had remotes for these, AKA the youngest child

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it currently and itā€™s meh. Itā€™s nice sometimes but since Iā€™m OCD, itā€™s not good when locking the doors, have to use the key fob šŸ¤¬ Itā€™s just another minor convenience that makes you more lazy to rely on technology. Itā€™s nice and yes I will have it on my bronco, but I wouldnā€™t miss it if I didnā€™t have it
Donā€™t you just push the button to lock the door? Either the inside one on your way out, or the one on the exterior door handle after the door is closed?

Fob stays in your pocket 100% of the time.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Donā€™t you just push the button to lock the door? Either the inside one on your way out, or the one on the exterior door handle after the door is closed?

Fob stays in your pocket 100% of the time.
Yes but I have to do it several times lol because my brain doesnā€™t accept itā€™s locked after 1 time. What I donā€™t like about the intelligent door access is you Lock your door then grab the handle to make sure itā€™s locked, but you canā€™t because it unlocks again šŸ˜± itā€™s just me. Itā€™s one piece of tech that is nice to unlock but dumb to lock. As long as I can get in and out with the key fob then Iā€™m good
Sponsored