First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't carried keys in 10 years. The keypad is the only way to go.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So how does this work without optinal intelligent access? I push buttons on my fob to unlock and get in. No big deal.

How do I start the Bronco?

Push the fob into the start button? The Bronco starts. Then I have to find a place put the fob?
Hang the semi-magic fob in a special place then push the start button?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So how does this work without optinal intelligent access? I push buttons on my fob to unlock and get in. No big deal.

How do I start the Bronco?

Push the fob into the start button? The Bronco starts. Then I have to find a place put the fob?
Hang the semi-magic fob in a special place then push the start button?
Key fob is the same for both setups. It will start the car the same way. Only change is the door handle access.

GYMEBronco22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m with GotGOAT, I’ve had it on a couple of cars. It’s nice.

But pushing one button on a key fob up to 30 ft. away from your vehicle is an incredibly easy thing to do.

Intelligent access has zero impact on what I buy and would never be a must have feature for me.
I feel exactly the same. Have it now and it makes zero difference to my driving experience either positive or negative. Meh...

Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I push the button on the fob and unlock door. Put the fob back in my pocket (or purse for some), get in and start Bronco.

Sounds cumbersome.

Don't understand the Hype over push button start.

My 2000 Superduty I bought new has power locks on fob. Push the button on fob, keys still in hand, put in slot and start. no big deal.

My 2016 Wrangler put key in door and unlock; put key in slot and start. I kind of enjoy the process. Same for previous 3 Wranglers. I like the hand crank windows also. My niece asked me what the crank was for. I said turn it. She was amazed and discovered somethin cool.

My wifes 2019 Forester has the integellent start and all the lane keep and stuff that comes in mid package. I do not enjoy driving that car.

Planning on Black Diamond ---no mid package--do not want most of the stuff in it.
This starting thing will be cumbersom untill new habits are developed.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mr Ford, can you make me a special bronco with 2.7L sas and manual? Promise won't call you out next time :p
Wait! I told them to only offer that configuration. What’s going on here? Why does that SUV Have a Mustang badge on it? Where’s Hackett?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a question, do ANY of you guys ever remember something that looked like this??

1598664106262.png

Exactly... stop being lazy and push the button or turn the key... kids today ?
Nope ?

Ford Bronco Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start Explained 0A6E4143-0035-4123-8EB7-89D206780BB3

This is similar to the first TV I remember. Gotta have thay VHS player built in!

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’d be doing exactly what Mr Ford is doing unless you wanted to decrease earnings and crater the stock price of the Company.

Options are restricted to “force” consumers into higher trims. No one thinks Aluminum wheels, leather bits and tint is worth $4,800. But if you want to order the mid package you will pay that to get a BB.

$200 for intelligent access (insert any other low cost “must have“ options like heated seats) or $6,400 for BB and Mid? Ford is picking $6,400, which is almost all profit. Sure they lose $200 on those that don’t go up. But that fat $6,400 (and up) payday more than offsets. And it’s not just BB — you’re still paying that same premium on trim levels above BB.
I can afford any trim level, but I'm not going to pay for a bunch of crap I don't want. Maybe some over eager buyers will do so in the beginning, but not me. I can get Base/Squatch/2.7L/hardtop for $43,895 (incl dest). I'd gladly pay $1000 extra for Cyber Orange and hundreds for intelligent access, but I can live without both.

To get the color I want plus easy access that should be standard, I'd have to go up to the Black Diamond. No Big Bend for me thanks! Black Diamond/2.7L/hardtop/Cyber Orange ($800) puts me at $45,040. So, I have to pay $1100 more for the color I want and access that most new cars have. For this luxury, I lose the Big wheels, the 35" tires, front lockers and the other Squatch goodies. Those are the things that should really matter to a buyer of such a vehicle. So, I'll pay less and get a much badder ass looking car with a lot more off road capability and laugh a folks who paid $6000 extra as you say for easier access. Ha!

Sponsored

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 325is has heated mirrors. I did not even think about it really notice until I got rid of it for an Infiniti without heated mirrors. Y’all about annoying!!!

anyway, is the keypad integrated or is it the stick on kind that was mentioned a couple months back?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the version of this on all three of my vehicles right now. It’s great, I love it ..... BUT.
I accidentally washed my key fob and had to get a new one - what a PITA. You have to take the vehicle into the dealer (MX appointment) so they can program a new key to the car. Gooooooood luck getting that done out in some remote area after your fob falls off a cliff/into a lake/big foot tries eating it like jerky.

JK
Not having the key is a pretty big pain in the butt whether you have intelligent access or not

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope ?

Ford Bronco Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start Explained 0A6E4143-0035-4123-8EB7-89D206780BB3

This is similar to the first TV I remember. Gotta have thay VHS player built in!
I had one like this in 1968. It was the first big thing I bought when I got a job. When I moved in 2000, it went to the sidewalk and someone took it within 10 minutes. It still worked.
Ford Bronco Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start Explained ma

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the version of this on all three of my vehicles right now. It’s great, I love it ..... BUT.
I accidentally washed my key fob and had to get a new one - what a PITA. You have to take the vehicle into the dealer (MX appointment) so they can program a new key to the car. Gooooooood luck getting that done out in some remote area after your fob falls off a cliff/into a lake/big foot tries eating it like jerky.

JK
If your fob falls off a cliff, intelligent access or not, you're kinda SOL