Sponsored

Interest in fixed top with a moon roof option?

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lets be honest, out of all the Bronco's sold how many are being used for there off road ability? There are alot sold to people who have no intentions of ever removing the top, but having a moon roof would be much more practical for them.

I for one would never remove the top, and all the issues iv read about with the hard tops(cracks, etc) makes me nervous.

Ford offers options because there is not a "one size fits all". I don't get the mentality of some that think whatever there opinion is should be all that is offered? Thats like saying the Mustang should only be offered as a hardtop with a v8.
A mustang should only be offered with a v8 anything else is blasphemy lol jkjk
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would. I have the top off in the summer, but I'd love to get as much natural light in as possible during the fall to spring months. For me it would be less about opening it to get air in and more about just getting more light in the cab.

Edit: Didn't read the OP correctly. I would only want it if it was built into the removable top. I have zero interest, repeat ZERO interest in a fixed top Bronco.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DemonGT

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Maybe a bad example, you can get a hardtop or convertible Mustang but not a sunroof which is just like the Bronco!
The Mustang hardtop is fixed. The point was with some of the logic some are using it would ONLY have the hardtop and v8 option based off what they think the vehicle as built for, not taking into consideration what others may want or use the vehicle for.

The same can be said for those that think the 4 door shouldn't exist and are not "true" Broncos.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Mustang hardtop is fixed. The point was with some of the logic some are using it would ONLY have the hardtop and v8 option based off what they think the vehicle as built for, not taking into consideration what others may want or use the vehicle for.

The same can be said for those that think the 4 door shouldn't exist and are not "true" Broncos.
Ok, there are 4 door Broncos but no sunroof Broncos, sorry, that's reality. I think the best comment so far is why isn't there a soft top Explorer? Because there isn't that's why.

I'd love Ford to bring back the Focus ST but the wagon version that's still offered in Europe, maybe I'll start a poll for that too because I know there are literally dozens of us that would buy one.

Good luck with your argument, all I can recommend is getting the sunrider top until Ford or someone else offers what you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hate this forum sometimes.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why? So it would be like every other SUV? That’s the uniqueness of a Bronco.
Uniqueness is it comes with a manual transmission. I haven't had the T-tops off in over 10 months. I've never taken the back cap off.

Open air experience in the Bronco is distinctly sub-par with the gigantic roll cage. Nothing at all like the Mustang.

That being said, I've never wanted a moon-roof in anything, ever. Seems like a good place to let rain leak in.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lets be honest, out of all the Bronco's sold how many are being used for there off road ability? There are alot sold to people who have no intentions of ever removing the top, but having a moon roof would be much more practical for them.

I for one would never remove the top, and all the issues iv read about with the hard tops(cracks, etc) makes me nervous.

Ford offers options because there is not a "one size fits all". I don't get the mentality of some that think whatever there opinion is should be all that is offered? Thats like saying the Mustang should only be offered as a hardtop with a v8.
I remove my top for the entire summer. I never rock climb or do severe off road driving. The east coast beaches are the extent of my off road treks. Taking off the roof not only was a major selling point for me, but the rig looks so much better when the top is off.