Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler, for both of those issues.
Leave it to ford to copy Jeeps design. Thank you, I was unaware.
I still stand by my statement, the Bronco is bad ass at the 40k price point. At 65k it has too many issues for the money.
Sponsored

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a dealer in Brighton with several on their lot.

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always felt like the Mustang fit this bill until they came out with the newer GT500s. I mean dealers are asking 100k+ for them. Gone are the days when a loaded GT was 23-25k and a 03 Cobra was around 36k. It just seems like a huge gap from Base vehicles to the Top of the line nowadays and all you get is a little more “lipstick”.
Ok, as an owner of a GT350 I must say your "lipstick' comment for the 500 is way off base. These are not GT's with some body panel's thrown on. Both the 350 & 500 are full blown factory track cars. Much more engineering went into them as well as better components for their builds.

While the SAS package is worth the $$ IMO on the Bronco, I did not go that route as our rig is my wife's daily and we will only see dirt/gravel roads so not worth the extra for us.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my new f150 about a month ago. The dealer just received 20 Broncos all were ordered units.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I picked up my new f150 about a month ago. The dealer just received 20 Broncos all were ordered units.
Same with my dealer in Bessemer AL. A row of about 30 new Bronco's out front a couple of weeks ago. Dealer confirmed all were ordered/sold units awaiting delivery. They expected to deliver 100 Bronco's in May now that production lines are flowing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I currently have an unscheduled order with them but didn't receive any calls. Also, my salesperson, Matt Stephenson, quit suddenly, and this lady named Lannah is now my salesperson. 2021 February order.

It was a $1000 refundable deposit for me, with a purchase agreement signed by both parties but their service department is an absolute scam. They tried to charge me $16000 for a busted transmission oil pan.
I was on my 3rd salesperson with them, the customer service has been non-existent! I ordered with them originally as they were on the Bronco6g good dealer list but I think a lot has changed since then.

What does getting a Tesla have to do with this? Unless it's the buyer's remorse? (People around here are trying to offload theirs for Rivian's).
Sorry should have been clearer, I was simply saying I didn't ask for details as we bought a Tesla instead of the Bronco.

Brandonj83

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, as an owner of a GT350 I must say your "lipstick' comment for the 500 is way off base. These are not GT's with some body panel's thrown on. Both the 350 & 500 are full blown factory track cars. Much more engineering went into them as well as better components for their builds.

While the SAS package is worth the $$ IMO on the Bronco, I did not go that route as our rig is my wife's daily and we will only see dirt/gravel roads so not worth the extra for us.
I agree they are well engineered and designed I just think the price increase over the base model has gotten way out of the price range of most people. On a side note, I have been holding out hope the GT350s will get down in the sub 50k price range for one with decent mileage but they seem to be holding strong.

OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree they are well engineered and designed I just think the price increase over the base model has gotten way out of the price range of most people. On a side note, I have been holding out hope the GT350s will get down in the sub 50k price range for one with decent mileage but they seem to be holding strong.
I had a 2013 GT500 and I just don't think you can compare lipstick on a SHelby to a high trim Bronco, high performance costs a lot of $$$. I will say the new GT500 is a much better engineered than the previous model but over $100k doesn't make sense to me. I looked at one last yr with a carbon package and some other goodies that the dealer sold it for $135k, they ordered it in from another dealership for a guy who paid that.

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spent 2 weeks shopping nationwide for a 2-door Sas. When I'd find one (online) with the right color and options, they were either priced $2.5k to $7.5k over MSRP or already sold. Even had one dealer with a $10k ADM for out-of-state buyers ($5k for residents). Probably called/haggled with 15-20 dealers before finally finding a perfect specimen selling at MSRP in TX a week ago ($150 doc fee was icing on the cake). Hit the road with my trailer and picked it up the next morning.

Since getting back last week, I've had 6 or 7 dealers call/text me back saying they're now willing to sell at MSRP. Interesting . . .

BTW, absolutely lovin' my new Badlands!

Last edited:

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I was looking for mine the dealers had a lot of 4 doors. Michigan dealers had a lot more then the ones here in Ohio. Not all but some of them anyway. 2 doors are a different story.
If I found the color I wanted the options were not there. Finally found one close enough with the one of the colors that we were OK with about a hour and a half north. Did get it for MRSP

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
CMillBronco

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 Doors have been hard to find since the beginning but the past few months I've seen a lot more on the roads and at dealerships in our area. I love ours we already have 3500 miles on it and it's only a little over 2 months old. I just installed a Kuat hitch swing and Kuat NV bike rack on the back so we'll use it even more now.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not having hood struts is not something I care about.

Not having adjustable height on the shoulder belts is a bigger deal for me.
I’m in agreement here

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can, but the fanboys don’t like it.
It’s a spectacular 40k off roader. It’s a pig with lipstick at 65k.
  1. terrible premium stereo. Sucks on low volume with children’s music.
  2. Lackluster HVAC
  3. No AC seats
  4. Glitchy touch screen/apps
  5. Poor interior passenger/cargo lighting
  6. Lacks hood strut
  7. Cheap interior materials. Panels rattle.
  8. No rear under seat lighting, glove box light.
  9. Widespread MIC issues.​
  10. Low tow weight.​

With those problems/issues I stand by it as a bad ass 40k off roader. But I used it as a daily driver with weekend warrior duty. In my own personal opinion, a base model with aftermarket lockers, lift/tires, stereo would be a much better bang for your buck.
In mine the heat works pretty well the a/c not so much, most everything else you commented on I am not very concerned with. The MIC though, just had my rear section replaced due to delamination on the edges. I have a 4dr BD 2.7 (blowed up). Changed tires to 285/75 17. In my mind the BD trim is a good compromise if you are not into high tech but want more off road features than a base. The wonderful thing is there are enough choices to cover almost any one's idea of the perfect build.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. My initial thoughts a year or so ago were to load up a Badlands 2-door, but as I spent more time on here I was leaning toward a base Sasquatch. Which I couldn't/can't order.

So I ordered my current JL Rubi instead, thinking it might be a placeholder until Ford gets Bronco figured out. However, when I took delivery, my salesperson (Granger) told me flat out that she's far more impressed overall with the Wrangler quality than Bronco (especially interior); the JL is a far better rig than the JKs were for sure. I'm a Ford fanboy more so than any other make ('15 Mustang, '19 F150 in the stable also) but I'm not above looking elsewhere since there are things about my truck I'm not thrilled with, and Ford dealers pissed me off beyond belief with price gouging when I was hunting for a list deal on a '22 GT500.

So I wait and see. I love the Rubi, so maybe I keep it and build it out instead.

Odd, the only time my JL hood bounces at all is when I meet a semi, the OEM hood latches on it are light years ahead of the sretchy bungee straps on my JKs.
My wife had owned a 2020 JLUR since new. Sold it with 51000 miles on it 6800 of those I put non stop over three weeks across several states, some days 800 miles some days zero

headed to moab in my 2 door for 11
Days

granted it’s not a real world my buddy said comparison or internet measuring contest but actual seat of the pants experience

on road there is nothing better the Jeep did. Nothing. So much so she sold the Jeep and got a 4 door badlands

we don’t blare the radio and actually talk to each other

MikeM173

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Take this for what you will.

We bought two about two months ago now below MSRP.

2022 Outer Banks Lux Package for about $6k below MSRP.

2023 Outer Banks High Package for about $3500 below MSRP.

I’d have to double check the math for the exact below numbers, but it was right around that. Yes I verified they were below. I understand they aren’t a Sasquatch package, but the more I learn about the Sas, the more I’m happy I didn’t go with it. There are some things I’d have preferred, but not enough to justify the added expense for us. Plus I would have swapped out a lot of the same features I already have (wheels, tires, skid plates, etc). Means I would have spent even more on top of the extra I would have for the Sas Bronco they had on the lot. Plus that Bronco was the only one they had above MSRP, and it was only a Mid package. I just couldn’t justify it.

I’ve gone back and looked at the lot and they don’t have any great deals right now, so I’m still happy with what we got.

IMG_0965.jpeg
Sponsored