Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off the phone with my dealer - Planet Ford in Dallas.

I was asking about why I hadn't received any kind of Ford Email confirmation that my order had been sent from the dealer (I ordered 2 weeks ago) and this is what he shared with me:

a) Basically everyone who's come directly to the dealer to configure and build their Bronco will get that email confirmation that the dealer has sent the build to Ford.

b) Everyone who has built and configured their Bronco and sent it to the associated dealer that they had their reservation with via the online tool and made deposits that way essentially "take the dealer out of the equation" for updates.

He said that since I'm in the internet group, all future updates for me will be from the Ford.com / account side and not from them.

But he reassured me that I was indeed in the system, and in the queue. (1 of 670+ orders they have - so I have no expectations of getting this anytime soon).

Anyhoo - thought I would share.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got off the phone with my dealer - Planet Ford in Dallas.

I was asking about why I hadn't received any kind of Ford Email confirmation that my order had been sent from the dealer (I ordered 2 weeks ago) and this is what he shared with me:

a) Basically everyone who's come directly to the dealer to configure and build their Bronco will get that email confirmation that the dealer has sent the build to Ford.

b) Everyone who has built and configured their Bronco and sent it to the associated dealer that they had their reservation with via the online tool and made deposits that way essentially "take the dealer out of the equation" for updates.

He said that since I'm in the internet group, all future updates for me will be from the Ford.com / account side and not from them.

But he reassured me that I was indeed in the system, and in the queue. (1 of 670+ orders they have - so I have no expectations of getting this anytime soon).

Anyhoo - thought I would share.
I did my re-order in person 10 days ago. Never got a DORA conformation. No email. My Ford Account has not updated either. I see people getting scheduled for 2022 builds and can't even confirm that mine has been accepted by Ford. Ford Chat was of no help. Calling Bronco Support today.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What?

My understanding is that the order is still input into the Ford system the same, irrespective of how the customer came into the process.

Either you walk into the dealership, and the dealership inputs the order into the order system like they normally would...

...or you reserve on line, then convey to the dealer what you want, and the dealership inputs the order into the order system like they normally would.

The reservation system was/is just a way for people to establish their place in line without needing to walk into a dealership and overwhelm their staff.

There's no magic here.

Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did my re-order in person 10 days ago. Never got a DORA conformation. No email. My Ford Account has not updated either. I see people getting scheduled for 2022 builds and can't even confirm that mine has been accepted by Ford. Ford Chat was of no help. Calling Bronco Support today.
Don't waste your time there. If the dealer hasn't put the order in on their end, Bronco support or Ford cust service can't help. Ask your dealer to send you the DORA.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford dealers just make stuff up clearly.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't waste your time there. If the dealer hasn't put the order in on their end, Bronco support or Ford cust service can't help. Ask your dealer to send you the DORA.
This is exactly what is going on. The dealership hasn't input the order into the system yet. That's why nothing has been pushed back down from Ford.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some do, some don't.
I didn’t realize my comment was all encompassing but yes thank you for clarifying not everyone of the 3,000+ dealers makes stuff up.

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you make sure they used the correct email address, same as your Ford.com account? Maybe they didn't put your email address into the sales record so it never attached to your Ford account?

OP
OP
Draughon

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What?

My understanding is that the order is still input into the Ford system the same, irrespective of how the customer came into the process.

Either you walk into the dealership, and the dealership inputs the order into the order system like they normally would...

...or you reserve on line, then convey to the dealer what you want, and the dealership inputs the order into the order system like they normally would.

The reservation system was/is just a way for people to establish their place in line without needing to walk into a dealership and overwhelm their staff.

There's no magic here.
If I go to my Ford.com account, the next update step is “scheduled for production” - (greyed out) there isn’t a “dealer has sent your order to ford” step - so I’m inclined to think he might be correct?

OP
OP
Draughon

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you make sure they used the correct email address, same as your Ford.com account? Maybe they didn't put your email address into the sales record so it never attached to your Ford account?
Yes, everything is correct in the account on ford.com

OP
OP
Draughon

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Newbie question: what’s DORA stand for?
Sponsored