Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to guess this probably came about after dealers denied claims, customer called Ford to complain, some decisions were reversed so they put this out for techs and advisors to look at.

I put this out on our dealer message boards early on to get clarification from Ford on how to handle warranty since this was a new use type vehicle. Dealers are probably denying claims that are probably legit due to the fact we've been given no guidance and have likely gotten burned by Ford on warranty chargebacks. Not justifying the reasons but the dealer is ultimately on the hook for these repairs and once you've had to eat a $5K repair because of semantics, you tend to get very careful when making these calls. Even then, Ford will F you.

Yesterdays example: Performed recall 22S73 on a bronco sport, claim rejected due to us getting the part through normal channels instead of ordering the exact same part through a different web site. Or at lest we think, they won't tell us. Recall done, documented and I confirmed the software update was done, parts charged out and documented correctly. This fight happens every.damn.day.
This sounds like my experience dealing with my dealership sales department for my year+ Bronco I special ordered. As a result, I refuse to give them, including their service department, another penny for the way they treated me, blowing me off on the private offer and screwing me with additional unwanted charges. Rest assured, the $5K you had to eat will get passed on to a future customer like me.
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had to guess this probably came about after dealers denied claims, customer called Ford to complain, some decisions were reversed so they put this out for techs and advisors to look at.

I put this out on our dealer message boards early on to get clarification from Ford on how to handle warranty since this was a new use type vehicle. Dealers are probably denying claims that are probably legit due to the fact we've been given no guidance and have likely gotten burned by Ford on warranty chargebacks. Not justifying the reasons but the dealer is ultimately on the hook for these repairs and once you've had to eat a $5K repair because of semantics, you tend to get very careful when making these calls. Even then, Ford will F you.

Yesterdays example: Performed recall 22S73 on a bronco sport, claim rejected due to us getting the part through normal channels instead of ordering the exact same part through a different web site. Or at lest we think, they won't tell us. Recall done, documented and I confirmed the software update was done, parts charged out and documented correctly. This fight happens every.damn.day.
The local dealership had to replace a window that was damaged at delivery. They had to pay a lot more through their internal ordering system than the full retail price I was quoted from their very own parts counter. Super genius business plan.

Gilby1969

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny, Ford should read there own mesages, Dealer has been trying to get my driver side mirror whistle replaced under warranty. Ford denied the warranty claim because I put aftermarket lights on. They actually showed me the denial response

1773F271-103D-443C-B02D-82CB58785F6B.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny, Ford should read there own mesages, Dealer has been trying to get my driver side mirror whistle replaced under warranty. Ford denied the warranty claim because I put aftermarket lights on. They actually showed me the denial response

Ford Bronco Interesting message on PTS about warranty & aftermarket modifications: "Using the vehicle off-road is not a justification to deny warranty coverage." 1773F271-103D-443C-B02D-82CB58785F6B
Does your vehicle fall within the build dates for the mirror whistle TSB? If so, there should be no issue. There is also one that just came out for a whistle noise at the lower windshield corner where sealer was skipped. Have not heard either noise side by side to determine which is which but if you don't fall within either TSB for wind noise, then it may a little more challenging to get covered but not impossible it the cap is truly what's causing the whistle.

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sounds like my experience dealing with my dealership sales department for my year+ Bronco I special ordered. As a result, I refuse to give them, including their service department, another penny for the way they treated me, blowing me off on the private offer and screwing me with additional unwanted charges. Rest assured, the $5K you had to eat will get passed on to a future customer like me.
How so? Usually it goes to the department's policy account and is part of the cost of doing business. We have no recourse on customers if we don't get paid by Ford. If we did a repair and failed to sufficiently document it, failed to get prior approval or didn't follow a published repair procedure, that's on the dealer. The ones that piss me off are the claims like the recall I noted that they won't pay.

If the idea is that only car dealers pass along the cost to customers, you might want to look into healthcare and insurance companies.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this means I'm good right?!?!?!?! LOL JK she has had no issues at all since then!

Ford Bronco Interesting message on PTS about warranty & aftermarket modifications: "Using the vehicle off-road is not a justification to deny warranty coverage." 1773F271-103D-443C-B02D-82CB58785F6B
I was gonna post this, but you were deeper and dirtier! :LOL:
Ford Bronco Interesting message on PTS about warranty & aftermarket modifications: "Using the vehicle off-road is not a justification to deny warranty coverage." 327590879_734356091406507_8083093383404906866_n

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warranty claim is one thing. Getting the actual repair under warranty completed is entirely different issue. An acquaintance called to have an oil leak on their 5.0 motor and was told they couldn’t get them in to the dealership shop until May.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is basically saying a dirty vehicle should not be the only factor considered when if a repair is covered.
As someone who can't get into town (and to a dealer) without traversing several miles of dirt (and often VERY muddy) roads, I appreciate this being reiterated from Dearborn. I've had a few service writers look at me funny bringing in a muddy Bronco.

Can't help it if a trip to the drive-thru coffee shop makes it look like I've been to Drummond Island and back...

Ford Bronco Interesting message on PTS about warranty & aftermarket modifications: "Using the vehicle off-road is not a justification to deny warranty coverage." 1676011383261

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bet the biggest warranty issue would be going over the fording height with water or towing/hauling more weight than is allowed.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am mindful of these warranty issues. I have had all my mods done at the dealer’s Custom and Performance Shop. The shop manager told me that all his installed mods (2 inch lift, Front bumper and winch, etc) are covered and do not void the warranty. When I bought the ProCal 4, I had Anthony at the Dealer C&P shop install” that too. Read the fine print on that one and you definitely don’t want to DIY that one unless you are an ASE certified auto mechanic.
Sponsored