First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I never even bothered looking up the Accents but is there really that many spots? The 3 Handles can easily be replaced, swapped, etc. The Vent buttons would be a different story but they are pretty small.

I'm just saying... IF there has to be an accent color, besides grey, the Area51 sure the hell beats out bright orange! (Well I guess that depends on if you got the Orange External)
The seats are stitched in Area 51 (WT).
Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe its just me but having the grab handle accent colors match the color of the paint you chose sounds like a better idea then having them tied to the model.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone else think this interior does not look like dark space gray but a medium and light gray on the seats? Also, the upper instrument panel appears to be lighter in the vehicle than what she is showing us in hand?

027EB0AC-8A5D-42A2-9294-BFE9FD2BBD40.png

2CC0CCEA-8327-4983-930D-EEC3541DE5E1.png
I think it is because the seats and left side of the dash are in direct sunlight in the video, so it would look much darker in the shade. I took a screenshot from the video where the designer is holding the dark space grey material and it is certainly much darker in the shade — but look on the screenshot at the one spot where the sunlight is shining on the dark space grey material near the bronco logo and you can see it looks significantly lighter as it does on the seats in the video.

Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted B385B556-08E4-40DC-9DA0-6F7118A0B64D

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That Wildtrak interior is absolutely hideous! Those seats with the digital camo inserts look like cheap seat covers.

My guess is they either didn't utilize focus groups to solicit feedback for the Wildtrak interior, or the focus group was comprised of mostly kids.
They used a focus group on an acid trip.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been waiting what feels like 5 years for this vehicle.deposit within 5 minutes of it opening. All the cool interiors shown in all the press releases,solid light grey, baseball glove leather on the yellow bronco, none of those are here. Who wants ugly two tone seats. They look like bad bowling shoes. Keep it simple stupid. Maybe they should have asked the main demographic that will buy these things what they prefer. Give us some plain interior seat colors that compliment the exterior colors and make them available in all models. Let me go all black marine grade vinyl on my wildtrak at a minimum, or give me a nice baseball glove tan to match my velocity blue exterior not this bowling shoe two tone crap.I seriously might have to cancel my order now. I shouldn’t have to step back from my wildtrak to a badlands to get the interior I want. I also am a ford shareholder and you took that discount away and you also nixed my modular roof unless I wait. These interiors are a third strike. Very disappointed.... not too mention I still can’t login to the Ford site after calling support for three months because they corrupted my login and don’t know how to fix it, but they say my reservation is still valid.

Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm just one example, an anecdote.

But I cancelled my MY21 reservation and fired up a new one for MY22, hoping they'll have decent interior options by then.

Was getting frustrated with my OBX build, with options for a blue or bronze dash. Ummm ... no. Neither is acceptable.

So I started looking at other trims. But the lower ones don't allow high or lux packages. Badlands is vinyl seating only. Wildtrack has even worse cloth options than OBX and is beyond what I'd like to spend.

Staring at huge compromises either way, threw in the towel and will wait.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

veblenesque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2007 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The CGI renderings are extremely misleading.

This is what is shown on the B&P for Big Bend Sandstone cloth:

Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted B385B556-08E4-40DC-9DA0-6F7118A0B64D

This is what you get:
I have no idea what happened between the original concept interiors and this incredibly cheesy tan color combination. The CGI version looks fine and I was about to order it, but after seeing this photo I just couldn't live with it.

It's almost as if the graphic and product designers had a much better eye for interior design than the actual interior designers. I realize that this is what happens at a big company where the product team often doesn't have control over how the final product gets executed, but this suggests that the leadership over design language is weak - this would never happen at Tesla, Mercedes, or even Fiat.

It's so disappointing to me because the product team did such an amazing job with the concept and you can see it getting chipped away in execution. It's also a good argument for small product teams (see the Alfa 4C).

tiger

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was really impressed with the Bronco reveal. I have never been impressed with Ford’s ability to make a nice interior. I thought damn, they did a great job with the exterior....maybe the interior will be awesome...of course no, Ford found a way to screw it up. Keep it simple with the ability to add a little splash. The two tone options are limited and generally dismal. Not to mention, for many of the models they don’t give you a choice between the dismal options. Bad form....

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak

First off, in the factory Ford build sheet (on the Wildtrak interior), it is referred to as the Cartier interior.

Look at the build photo?
Notice the factory photo reflecting what you are agreeing to purchase.
Beautiful right? dark brown with dark charcoal and nice "Cartier" centers.

Nice mocha brown... not a huge contrast between the complimentary colors.
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.28.49 PM

Now look at the actual materials from their Ford video. (and yes, Ford Nation is the factory speaking not some club)
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.30.07 PM

Still in the ball park of what they represented.... Right?

NOW LOOK AT WHAT THEY ARE REALLY SELLING YOU... This is NOT EVEN close to the same mocha color and there is a huge contrast. What is laughable, is that the Cartier (seat center) is now "computerized camouflage". Truly an insult to anyone's intelligence.
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.30.46 PM

NO way in hell does the above interior even come close to resembling the interior the below.
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.28.49 PM

I'm not an expert but any reasonable person can see they misrepresented their finished product.

I am truly disappointed. I will not be ordering anything based on Ford's inability to be honest and forthright. This unprofessional video is clealry not Ford's finest hour.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also,

I'm thrilled to find out from the interior designer that the Badlands model is the top of the line Bronco.

AKA the "BADASS" model.

So all of us Wildtrak customers that thought we were purchasing what is "the" step down from the First Edition, are all a bunch of idiot "Chumps" for not figuring out Ford's deception.

-High gloss black "shadow" modular top. Wrong! (just kidding??? you get the same top as the others)
-NO Rock Crawl mode
-NO sway bar disconnect
-Plastic bumpers instead of steel front and rear.
-No bash plates throughout the undercarriage.
-goofy two tone (high contrast) interior with the red neck camouflage centers. and blue stitching along with the same car color exposed on the door panel.
-High gloss serrated front grill added, (originally the plain traditional design, that had to be swapped for BL and FE grill) because they figured out there was nothing special about the Wildtrak model.
-baja and sport is virtually the same mode (engine wise).
-gloss mirror caps???? how can this possibly be special.
-gloss black bronco emblem (with the chrome blue oval on the i.e. same rear panel). Wildtrak is the only model to have the ugly black emblem. Why? Because glossy black paint is "special"?
-goofy black decal on the hood. What is the point here?
-painted door handles (I actually like this detail... call me crazy... they did something right)

Hat's off to all the Badlands folks and their quick perception as to what is really the top of the line Bronco!!!!! The Badlands!!!!

Badlands = All substance (and not cosmetic chicanery i.e. Wildtrak)

Most capable Off road vehicle (means something).

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wasn't the last CEO a furniture guy?

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also,

I'm thrilled to find out from the interior designer that the Badlands model is the top of the line Bronco.

AKA the "BADASS" model.

So all of us Wildtrak customers that thought we were purchasing what is "the" step down from the First Edition, are all a bunch of idiot "Chumps" for not figuring out Ford's deception.

-High gloss black "shadow" modular top. Wrong! (just kidding??? you get the same top as the others)
-NO Rock Crawl mode
-Plastic bumpers instead of steel front and rear.
-No bash plates throughout the undercarriage.
-goofy two tone (high contrast) interior with the red neck camouflage centers. and blue stitching along with the same car color exposed on the door panel.
-High gloss front grill originally the plain traditional design. (had to be swapped for BD and FE grill
because they figured out their was nothing special about the Wildtrak)
-baja and sport is virtually the same mode
-gloss mirror caps???? how can this possibly be special.
-gloss black bronco emblem (with the chrome blue oval on the same panel) Wildtrak is the only model to have the ugly black emblem.
-goofy black decal on the hood. What is the point here?
-painted door handles ( I actually like this detail... call me crazy they did something right)

Hat's off to all the Badlands folks and their quick perception as to what is really the top of the line Bronco!!!!! The Badlands!!!!
No one has placed an order yet so you're still free to change to whatever model you want... I also don't know why you care what ford calls their badass model, did you simply pick a model based on the order in which it was listed or the MSRP? Why didn't you look at the features each model has and go off of that for your decision. Unless it was all about keeping up with the jones' in which case I guess I can't really relate as I don't play those games...

Tahotrvlr

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tahotrvlr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the time (Reservation) you did not know what the 2.7 and 10 speed and the Sasquatch package would add to the cost of the Badlands.

Given the 60K for the First Edition I knew it had to be substantial.

$48,875.00 for a stand alone turnkey model sounded great. Wasn't going rock crawling.
Ultimately, I did not look close enough to the First Edition model which was essentially a Badlands with Wildtrak cosmetics, goofy interior and decals.

I own an early Bronco ('75 Ranger Edition Bronco.. Dana 44, Ford 9 inch (with big bearings), SEFI ford injected 351W factory crate motor, power steering, power disk brakes, bullet proofed C4, etc.) This is my more utilitarian vehicle that I don't mind treating like a truck. Plus, all my kids drove this vehicle to Highschool and it has sentimental value to our family.

The Wildtrak was something I wanted to replace my wife's MBZ Suv with.
Something my wife would allow me to buy as a family vehicle. This fit the need at the time.
Most importantly we needed a car to take us up to the Sierra in the winter, and something to trail with in the summer.

As usual 20/20 hindsight puts things into perspective.
Looks like a fully loaded Badlands is in my future.

Last edited:

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like it too, but the bright blue accents and stitching seem like an odd choice. I've been going back and forth between area 51 and cactus gray, and now I'm trying to decide which looks better with that interior. Nice B&R. I've had a pvd diver but never bronze. Yours is getting a nice patina.
I was questioning what color would go with the burnt bronze also. I believe that CG is really a "gray" (grey). Did a search for gray and bronze...maybe these will help your decision
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted 1585448
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted IMG_0533
Ford Bronco INTERIOR COLORS & MATERIALS Walkthrough Video Posted IMG_0535.JPG
Sponsored