anna21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello - when I "build and price" it seems I only have one option for the interior. I am choosing leather and the only option is "sandstone". Anyone know if I can order black leather instead? This may be a dealbreaker for me if not. Thank you.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear the sound of *cracking*.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello - when I "build and price" it seems I only have one option for the interior. I am choosing leather and the only option is "sandstone". Anyone know if I can order black leather instead? This may be a dealbreaker for me if not. Thank you.
You may want to review the thread about the Wildtrack, it covers just about everything you may want to know. But yes, it appears as though the higher up the trim levels, the less color choices you have for the interior.

FE will be the exception for 2022.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just posted this in a similar thread yesterday so will copy and paste as is below.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a ton of threads on this very subject as it appears Ford (Missy) was more driven to have a specific color interior combo based on model then choice of exterior color. It's so bad that many (including myself) have to pick a different model then we would prefer just to have the interior match our choice of exterior color (i.e. if you like CO then Badlands is one of the best choices with its matching black and orange accents). I am afraid this is one of the biggest complaints with the Bronco. Many hope this will be corrected by MY22 or so, but for the early adapters it is very frustrating.

So long story short, I am in the same boat as you with the Wildtract. I would like a CO Wildtrack but feel that single interior choice would contrast to much and eventually bother me to the point of not happy with an expensive vehicle purchase. In my case, I am going to get the Badlands instead and option it similar to the Wildtrack since its interior actually will match a CO exterior color. However, this will cost me more money since the Badlands has features I do not want (like the electronic steering disconnect, etc). Plus I really wanted Sport mode and the exterior pieces of the Wildtrack. But even those can be handled by the aftermarket; at a price.

Sponsored

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sandstone leather is the only option. It looks pretty solid imo and its what I am personally going with but I understand it may not be for everyone

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the Wildtrak has the best combination of features and price that best fits your wants/needs and the seat color is really the only thing holding you back, then you may want to take a look at Katzkin and Bartact as they're a couple seat cover suppliers that are well regarded.

You may also want to contact some trusted upholstery shops in your area and talk to them about your concerns. I'll bet they can dye the sandstone leather and even the dash, these folks do this type of work all the time.

If you anticipate a MY'22 delivery, who knows what interior and exterior colors will be available.

Anyway, just throwing out some ideas.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the Wildtrak has the best combination of features and price that best fits your wants/needs and the seat color is really the only thing holding you back, then you may want to take a look at Katzkin and Bartact as they're a couple seat cover suppliers that are well regarded.

You may also want to contact some trusted upholstery shops in your area and talk to them about your concerns. I'll bet they can dye the sandstone leather and even the dash, these folks do this type of work all the time.

If you anticipate a MY'22 delivery, who knows what interior and exterior colors will be available.

@anna21

This is some seriously good advice, as far as tackling the interior choices goes. If you're concern is that it isn't dark enough you can have the dash treated with dyes, heat soaks, or painted, depending on how much you want to spend.

Sandstone on the dash and doors is going to be really easy to change to saddle brown or any color really.

For the seats, Katzkin is a really good alternative.

Edit: If you decide you're going to change the interior, don't get the leather from the factory, they're just going to pull it out.

OP
OP

anna21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You may want to review the thread about the Wildtrack, it covers just about everything you may want to know. But yes, it appears as though the higher up the trim levels, the less color choices you have for the interior.

FE will be the exception for 2022.
Thank you!

OP
OP

anna21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thank you very much for this information, very helpful!
Sponsored