OP

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That goes without saying. You're comparing it to something from Japan, after all. Of course an American engine is going to be better.

CaptainObvious.png
Well the Tundras 5.7L was no joke an awesome engine. I do miss that truck, just didn’t need something that big.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as it’s in between the Tacoma and Tundra it should be fine. Now hopefully the 2.7L is better than the anemic V6 in the Tacoma.
The V6 in the taco isn't the problem. It's the powertrain. That transmission is always hunting for Gears, and I was even laughing with a service manager at a local Toyota dealer about it. He bought a stick shift in his just because of it. So I don't think we're going to have that problem with the Bronco at all.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well the Tundras 5.7L was no joke an awesome engine. I do miss that truck, just didn’t need something that big.
Yeah, me too. I'm handing over my Tundra for the Bronco if I ever see the Bronco LOL. And I had a taco before this. I wouldn't go back to the Taco just because of the odd and uncomfortable seating positions. And yeah I don't need the size of the tundra anymore either.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2 door will have much more room. The 4 door’s b pillar is right by your shoulder so you’ll have marginally less. Most dealers have a “mannequin” or two at this point that you can and sit in just for this.
Really depends on height/proportions. I'm 5'10" and 275 lbs and the b-pillar is well behind me and a non-issue.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing I liked the least about the 4 Dr. OBX I drove a few weeks ago was that the windshield was really low and obstructed my view of stop lights when in the first position, and the transmission was horrendous (10sp auto). It felt just like my 2000 Ranger, and I daily a F250.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the Tundras 5.7L was no joke an awesome engine.
Of course, even a Japanese engine will seem impressive, if you're comparing a big Japanese V8 to a good American engine that is less than half its displacement.

Try comparing it to something more comparable, such as Ford's Boss 6.2.

OP
OP

Tubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course, even a Japanese engine will seem impressive, if you're comparing a big Japanese V8 to a good American engine that is less than half its displacement.

Try comparing it to something more comparable, such as Ford's Boss 6.2.
What I was trying to get at was just because it is a Japanese engine, doesn’t mean it’s a bad engine. I have yet to drive any of the ecoboost engines but I did drive a 2020 Mustang with the 5.0L and that was an impressive engine.

BigIrish

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I’m starting to think about getting a Bronco in a year or two. Yes that’s how long it takes me to decide. Mainly because we just got a Telluride for my wife a year ago and I like to research quite a bit before I decide. Currently I own a 2019 Tacoma, I drove a Tundra before that. I also own a 66 Mustang. Saw a Bronco at a car show that I was in and immediately knew I needed one. My question is does anyone know how the interiors feel compared to a Tacoma, size wise. Mine is a double cab trd off-road. I fit fine in my Tacoma but do not want to go smaller for the interior. I know Tacomas are pretty small inside but I have not had a chance to sit inside a Bronco or haven’t seen one since August. I’m a big guy (width) so a little wider would be nice. Was really hoping the Bronco would have a silver blue color to match my Mustang, but that Area 51 is such a nice color!
6-2 275 and fit very comfortably
Sponsored