First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct, called a limb riser. I lost a windshield on my Jeep getting smacked with a branch that these could have prevented.
maybe you should stick to the trails so the little bunnies still have a place to reproduce

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stickshifter are you a Masshole living in Colorado?
Yup. Moved to Colorado in 1991. Born and raised on the lower Cape though. I miss surfing and pretty girls driving VW Things with a surfboard hanging out the back. Was driving on the beach before I even had a license. Back in the day, that was where every kid learned to drive! You learn young what a burning clutch smells like :p Where in Mass are you?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Moved to Colorado in 1991. Born and raised on the lower Cape though. I miss surfing and pretty girls driving VW Things with a surfboard hanging out the back. Was driving on the beach before I even had a license. Back in the day, that was where every kid learned to drive! You learn young what a burning clutch smells like :p Where in Mass are you?
I'm in Woburn but born and raised in the people's republic of Cambridge

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MaxTrax were the first traction board; they were invented in 1997. People on Cape Cod, Nantucket, the Outer Banks in NC, etc. have been driving on the beach since right after World War II - without traction boards. It is not irresponsible to tell someone heading to the beach to air down their tires, and be prepared for how to air back up; to always carry a full-size shovel, a jack stand, and a tire pressure gauge. That is what you need. In fact, those are the exact requirements to acquire an Oversand Permit from every municipality on Cape Cod and Nantucket. No traction boards are required. If you want to carry traction boards - go right ahead. Maybe they will come in handy - and they'll sure look cool bolted on your roof rack. But irresponsible to travel over sand without them? That's nonsense. Do I carry traction boards on the trails in Colorado? Yup. But on the beach? Never.

I would also add that if you need "traction" provided by recovery boards, a person's car mats provide the quick traction needed. Been driving on the sand for the past 15 years (almost daily), and have never owned or needed traction boards.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would also add that if you need "traction" provided by recovery boards, a person's car mats provide the quick traction needed. Been driving on the sand for the past 15 years (almost daily), and have never owned or needed traction boards.
Keep in mind not all sand is the same. I've worked around sand that would pretty much suck our trucks in if you even looked at it.

Sponsored

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having the lightbar attach to the roof rack seems like a drawback to me. When you want to fully remove all roof panels now you lose the lightbar. I wonder what the wiring situation is that would need to be disconnected.

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having the lightbar attach to the roof rack seems like a drawback to me. When you want to fully remove all roof panels now you lose the lightbar. I wonder what the wiring situation is that would need to be disconnected.
I've been hoping that the aftermarket will come up with a lightbar bracket that bolts directly to the windshield, with a corresponding roof rack that bolts to the lightbar bracket (instead of the windshield). That way, it would be possible to leave the lightbar intact when removing the roof rack. It seems like such a thing should be possible.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can remove all of the roof panels without removing the roof rack.
Sponsored