Sponsored

Is $2500 incentive enough for losing SAS,LUX and MIC.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just can't swallow losing HOSS3.0, wireless phone charger, appearance package, and heated steering wheel just for stupid $2.5k
Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats up to you. Nothing like spending 50-60k on something that your not super happy with. IMO i wouldnt settle

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It depends on how much you need the Sasquatch and for some the soft top is a deal breaker. It is a lot more than $2,500 in savings because you are also not paying, on an OBX, $4,200 for the Sasquatch package. Dropping the Lux for high package saves another $1,200 for a total savings of about $8k.

I think many Bronco buyers want the Sasquatch but something like 20-40% who get it donā€™t need it or will be upgrading in the future anyway.

I got impatient with my first week reservation 13 months ago, placed a 2nd Bronco order with my same dealer dropping the Sasquatch and MIC, and took delivery in just 123 days. After selling the factory wheel and tires, my net cost was $3k to put Sasquatch wheels, 315/70 tires, and a leveling kit on it.

As it turns out, I donā€™t miss the MIC top and the off-road capability is enough for me as much of what it sees are fire roads/trails for hunting and running across frozen lakes that are snow packed.

That being said, I kept my original reservation and it is sitting at the rail yard 25 miles from my dealer. My adult daughter will be buying the 2022 Bronco from me and when a power soft top is available from MyTop in a few months, Iā€™ll get one.

24 months after the order banks opened Iā€™ll have what I wanted. Eruption Green/OBX/Sasquatch/MIC/2.7L/MIC/HD modular/hoop steps.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been trying to work out the cost of getting a regular bronco and then adding everything I would have to sacrifice for comfort and convenience and still be able to go play in the dirt. There are several aftermarket options, maybe too many, and most of these cost would probably be out of pocket and not financed. Just getting close to a Sasquatch Package is roughly $8000 after suspension wheels and tires. Also, by doing a suspension mod may void the ford warranty. Depending on where you live a hardtop is almost necessary and I'm planning to getting into overloading so its vital for me, last I saw aftermarket top is another $5. to $6000. I guess the only thing off the Lux package I can do aftermarket is better audio. I had every intention of keep my Bronco like it was from factory at least until the warranties ran out but without big tires no disrespect but they look dorky.
I put the Badlands suspension and HOSS 3.0 steering rack on my Bronco for less than $3k (and it would have been the same price if I were to have gone with the sasquatch springs and shocks).

Where are you coming up with $8k?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Black Diamond is more Hardcore than you need. Nothing about the SAS package is hardcore its just a mild out the box upgrade. I think people are to concerned with the internet saying you have to have a badlands.

Hardcore is not the rig its the idiot behind the wheel having fun!
Ford Bronco Is $2500 incentive enough for losing SAS,LUX and MIC. badass-over-here-meme
Look, we all know that you simply can't be hardcore in the OBX... just can't be done.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just can't swallow losing HOSS3.0, wireless phone charger, appearance package, and heated steering wheel just for stupid $2.5k
The phone charger sucks, the heated steering wheel is meh, the B&O system is nothing special, and you can order the appearance package. You can always install the HOSS 3.0 steering rack and suspension, just order it separately.

My WildTrak order was roughly 54k, but after all discounts my OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 tow and high package will be $40k.

Ya, I will be able to make it worth it.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up going 7M which comes with 4.7 gear on BL. At that point the Sasquatch added to a manual is $4000 (all that gets you is tires, wheel, fender flare, 1ā€ lift on same bilstien). There is a ton of take of Sasquatch tire/wheel combos for $2000. Eibach springs to replace the bilstien and you have a 3ā€ level and lift (better in my opinion). Ton of Sasquatch fender flare take offs ($100). Get yourself way better tires like ridge grappler and something like icon rebound pro street legal bead lock technology wheels. Sell take offs $1000. Now you have a way better Sasquatch package on the MT transmission. Wheel torque with the low granny gear (insanely low).
I did the same ā€¦ 2 Dr Badlands 7MT. You can definitely Self Squatch that pretty cheaply with used parts and take offs. I did a new OEM Sas suspension because there were very few takeoffs for 2door at the time. New Methods and Ridge grapplers, 4wp Big Tire crash bars, New SAS Fenders, Sas bumper caps, RC 3rd Brake light extension(not needed), probably about $6k installed and alignment. Sold my OEM takeoffs for $1500 I think.

If you do used/take offs and sell your OEM takeoffs you can probably self Squatch a BL manual for $2500 NET.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Black Diamond is not hardcore enough for what I would be using it for my only option would be badlands
If you take the $2500, you can use it to cover all the tie rods you'll be breaking while doing hardcore stuff

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you take the $2500, you can use it to cover all the tie rods you'll be breaking while doing hardcore stuff
People been snapping tire rods driving in parking lots with just upgraded tires youā€™re not being funny

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People been snapping tire rods driving in parking lots with just upgraded tires youā€™re not being funny
People been running Hells revenge in Moab in stock big bends on 32s. You're not being hardcore.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, it's under $1500 to put in the HOSS 3.0 steering rack (and that includes the $400 core charge). Problem solved.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and I'm planning to getting into overloading so its vital for me,
Overloading - youā€™ll need lots of suspension and drivetrain upgrades.
Overlording - Youā€™ll have an army behind you for support.
Overlanding - Pretty much any factory Bronco is a good starting platform for an overlanding rig.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, it's under $1500 to put in the HOSS 3.0 steering rack (and that includes the $400 core charge). Problem solved.
Overloading - youā€™ll need lots of suspension and drivetrain upgrades.
Overlording - Youā€™ll have an army behind you for support.
Overlanding - Pretty much any factory Bronco is a good starting platform for an overlanding rig.
I expected to do some suspension work in order to get a proper rig built at least wanted to have better Axel ratios with a Sasquatch update. Quite honestly I did not necessarily want to tear out Brand new components and void the warranty right off the bat because you know theyā€™ve been having all kinds of issues electrical, engine and a lot more. The other bad thing is you have to get up to the badlands just to get the sway bar disconnect otherwise I couldā€™ve started with a cheaper rig and do whatever I want from there. The math is going to be trying to figure out what components are going to work together for a decent result thatā€™s still somewhat cost-effective.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People been running Hells revenge in Moab in stock big bends on 32s. You're not being hardcore.
You donā€™t know my life šŸ¤£ . Stock big bend with no Overland gear. Plus you can go hard at those events with no fair because there is help around every corner.
Sponsored