Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone heard “official word” that if we don’t remove the 3 options, our order WILL be canceled soon? And if we only remove 1 or 2 options, it WILL be canceled?
Sponsored

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a MY23 Wildtrak,MIC,Lux,tow

very early reservation /20/2022

I’m contemplating dropping only the Lux package to high package?

does anyone think just doing this change? Will increase my chances? Or should I just hold out being a early reservation holder?
So to get this straight on the Wildtrac. Since I have a 2dr ordered the only constraint I can drop is the LUX, does that qualify for the $2500.

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm keeping mine the same.... 2023,2024,2025 who knows its just an extra vehicle anyway. but Im not changing WT, LUX, MIC, Tow Package.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm one of the GrangeTober holders. Base Mansquatch. I am considering dropping Sas to get a super cheap new Bronco, but it's hard to drop that legitimate value of the package.

If I don't end up getting the Bronco before PP expires, I'll be moving on from any Ford as an option for the foreseeable future.

I'm leaning towards something used and rough as a project, and a new ADV bike (probably Tenere 700) for my off-road fix.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being #400+ at Granger, I even dropped the WildTrak HOSS 3.0 and went down to the OBX. I would not drop tow at the moment because it is not constrained.

I am still rolling the dice on the 2 door based on the announcement information. So 2 Door 2.7 Outer Banks Advanced 4x4 with High Package, Tow Package, and Aux switches is where I ended up.

The one thing that makes this palatable is that, IF Ford builds it AND Ford keeps my price protection with the MY23 transition cash, I am looking at a price of $40,251 for a really nicely optioned Bronco (vs $54,188 for the WildTrak). That's a really good deal for everything included.

Ya, I don't get the Lux package... But we all know that the B&O isn't worth the money, and I can put in stereo upgrades that would have been necessary anyway. The garage door visor is easy enough to install. The wireless charger is a POS and I didn't need a phone cooker. The biggest loss is adaptive cruise control.

As far as the mechanical stuff goes the front locker won't be missed for 99.9% of any driving my gf will likely do. The suspension is easily addressed by the aftermarket. I can install the HOSS 3.0 steering rack myself should I want it and I definitely would have been replacing the rims and tires anyway!

It's almost lemonade out of lemons, because $14,000 can buy a lot of aftermarket parts.
Amazing you got the outer banks with high package for only $40,251 My 2.7 BD advanced is cpaying me $44k and that’s only with mid package and vinyl floor mats!

Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amazing you got the outer banks with high package for only $40,251 My 2.7 BD advanced is cpaying me $44k and that’s only with mid package and vinyl floor mats!
…”COSTING” me …..

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's ONLY if it gets built!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why don’t you search and see what you can find that matches your build that’s out there already?
ADM...if Ford would at least force dealers to go MSRP with new units sitting on the lot it would at least give some folks a chance.

Wife and I discussed this the other day. We were fortunate to get our fairly well constrained Badlands last summer but had we not Ford would have the 2023 model year to build it the way we originally ordered it or we would buy something else completely.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ADM...if Ford would at least force dealers to go MSRP with new units sitting on the lot it would at least give some folks a chance.
^^This^^

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's ONLY if it gets built!
True. the last message from Ford was about a week ago telling me the BD was built and in transit “on its way to you”. But crickets since then so who knows. I’m trying real hard to keep my mind on other things (like my job!!) so I don’t drive myself cray

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wife and I discussed this the other day. We were fortunate to get our fairly well constrained Badlands last summer but had we not Ford would have the 2023 model year to build it the way we originally ordered it or we would buy something else completely.
I believe if you look you will find. Besides that, MSRP has risen enough over the last two model years that some of those ADM’s hardly factor, if you find a low enough one. The Bronco I was building online at Ford was $3500 more than MSRP on the one I purchased. Same trim and options. The one I purchased was approx $1500 more than what I ordered. All day long. We’ve had a Wildtrak since Nov after only 5 weeks of looking. It can be done.

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m happy for you that you have one with another on the way.
After waiting 2 years I can’t believe I don’t have one.

Bottom line - I’m willing to bend on the LUX and maybe sas since the Badlands already has a decent setup. But I’m not willing to bend on the hardtop.

If you’re correct and Ford either cancels my order or rescinds PP then my dealer won’t need to bother with me reordering. If this is really how Ford chooses to treat customers who’ve been waiting patiently for years I’m just never going to buy another Ford. Ever. This whole experience has really soured me on the brand.

I’ll just buy the redesigned 2024 4Runner TRD Pro. I’m not going to reward a company that’s strung me along and - to be quite honest - has lied to us

If I’d known a year ago what I know now I would have bought something else at a rock bottom interest rate when my current car still had a ton of value on the used market.

I was willing to overlook the long wait, the messed up reservation/allocation system/and the reports of poor QC and build quality. But I’m not willing to pay thousands extra for a company to take advantage of me 🤷🏻‍♂️
well considering many told me I didn’t know what I was talking about, you may check and double check your situation. I gave up trying to explain (which apparently I’m not good at)

but…I picked up my Wildtrack on Tuesday and drove it home. i have decided I am selling it or trading it as I do like it, but my raptor is in Nebraska on rail as of today. The dealer is giving me a bit more than I paid which in turn covers the sales tax on Wildtrack with a bit of extra off my Raptor. So I am happy with that, although I have friends telling me to do the work and sell it outright keeping the dealer from making double dollars. Crazy. Mine is a WT, 4 door MIC but no lux package.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't read the whole thread, so not sure it has been mentioned... But no way I would want a Bronco bad enough to let Ford take away my PP :D

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well considering many told me I didn’t know what I was talking about, you may check and double check your situation. I gave up trying to explain (which apparently I’m not good at)

but…I picked up my Wildtrack on Tuesday and drove it home. i have decided I am selling it or trading it as I do like it, but my raptor is in Nebraska on rail as of today. The dealer is giving me a bit more than I paid which in turn covers the sales tax on Wildtrack with a bit of extra off my Raptor. So I am happy with that, although I have friends telling me to do the work and sell it outright keeping the dealer from making double dollars. Crazy. Mine is a WT, 4 door MIC but no lux package.
What is sad about this “common” scenario is for those that are ordering several and only keeping one, the others end up on the lots at big ADM making it very challenging for anyone to purchase at a fair price.

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is sad about this “common” scenario is for those that are ordering several and only keeping one, the others end up on the lots at big ADM making it very challenging for anyone to purchase at a fair price.
I didn’t order ”several“ on purpose, it was a glitch in fords system night 1. I ended up with two reservations at $200. My husband was not happy about the first, let alone the 2nd. I talked him into spec out one he would like and I did one. We have been undecided from the beginning what our plan was. Still unsure until the dotted line is addressed. However, with my dealer taking my first as a trade, he is going down the list with the first one that has an order next and has been forced to change or risk and wait and see. I don’t think they are marking up any more than the money it takes to transfer a trade vs getting it ready for next. They know the customer frustration, have 149 still to fill, and are frustrated just as much with Fords actions. I know not all dealers are acting this way. i will say if I sold it online or locally I would want my 924 days time and effort compensated to some extent. Also, if people don’t like it, they can cancel, get their $100 back or wait to see as they have been. It to mention some people have the money and just want it no matter the cost, or they can’t play in the game. That’s life i. General. I’ve had pm asking me to sell to them, I give them the price )because I’ve paid sales tax too), it’s all of a sudden to much. Well move along then. it all goes on how badly does one want it, and what they can afford. Besides the fact interest rates have changed alot Of original buyers monthly payment and now they can’t do it. So many variables, and every will bitch about something. No one is ever happy. I’m done being a people pleaser.
Sponsored