Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

Buckinghorse

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't be surprised if Jeep makes a special offer to unfilled Bronco reservation holders. It would be something like "Show proof of cancelling your Ford Bronco order and get $5K off any in stock Wrangler". It would be a good marketing move and would help move the Wranglers which are starting to build up on dealer lots.
$5k off, are they having that much trouble selling them?
Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is my plan:

Remove MIC,LUX,SAS
Purchase ADV HT (I think superior to MIC)
Already planned to upgrade entire suspension system
Purchase SAS fender flares
HIGH package is good enough and will upgrade speakers since B&O not that great anyway
Take my savings from lesser MSRP and $2500 and go towards ADV HT

9A293585-68F8-4F1E-AF9B-6232B4D4BF09.jpeg

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sick of waiting endlessly and I'm sick of all these changes. So i just looked around and found one that is 95% of what i ordered and bought it.

I ordered a 2door badlands sasquatch with lux in race red.

I bought a 2 door wildtrak lux in cyber orange. Ken Grody in Buena Park,CA had just gotten it in, i called for a price, they came back with a reasonable number, but i spent the day looking at slightly used models to try and save a little more.

I was minutes away from making the handshake on a used 22 red 2 door wildtrak with mid package when the salesman at Grody called again with a lower offer, bringing them within $5k of the used one with the lower spec. I decided that the lux package was worth more to me than color, so i now have an orange bronco in the garage.

I decided to keep the order for my badlands as-is. If it gets built i may sell this one, if not my desire for another 4x4 to abuse has been satisfied.

It's been a year since i sold my last jeep, which is strange because i manufacture jeep parts for a living. Now maybe I'll design some bronco stuff. Or just go wheeling again.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recent spy shots are hinting at the Tacoma going with a coil suspension. In the reasons for getting the TRD OR you can also add the 6' bed, which is not available on the Pro.
That's a good point. I had a 6' bed in my first Taco, and it was great for loading up a dirt bike. Just enough room with the tailgate closed. I've had 5' beds since, and they're great for most things - but truck camping is when you really start to notice, especially on a cold night when you have to choose between closing the tailgate or having your knees in your chest.

Ryan1000

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been driving BMWs since the 90s. Prior to that I had a few broncos, including my all-time favorite that I am a moron for selling, 1978 with a built 460.

When I saw the Broncos were coming back, I took it as a sign that it was time to come home to Broncoland. I ordered a Wildtrack and sold my 7 series thinking I would drive our spare car for a few months while they bulit my awesome Bronco. Yea..... 2 years or so later, I bought an M850 when it became apparent there was not a Bronco coming anytime soon.

Still have my order. It will come someday. I still want it.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a MY23 Wildtrak,MIC,Lux,tow

very early reservation /20/2022

I’m contemplating dropping only the Lux package to high package?

does anyone think just doing this change? Will increase my chances? Or should I just hold out being a early reservation holder?

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a MY23 Wildtrak,MIC,Lux,tow

very early reservation /20/2022

I’m contemplating dropping only the Lux package to high package?

does anyone think just doing this change? Will increase my chances? Or should I just hold out being a early reservation holder?
Honestly,

I'd be more concerned with where you are in line at your dealer and how their allocations are. If you're one of the next in line and your dealer has steady allocations, I'd think you'd be pretty solid. You do have until 3/7 to make any of these changes.

Any of the changes to the big 3 (2 in your case as WT) you make will surely increase your chances - you might even have a better chance shortly with people like me bowing out of Wildtrak and not wanting to play the guess-and-wait game anymore. Wildtrak itself is a constraint. (Amount ordered compared to what they can build / SAS being standard)

I'd check with your dealer to see where you are and if they will give the allocation information out. Hold out til closer to the 3/7 deadline.. then worry about dropping constraints. Listen in on the "Ford Guy" live streams on youtube, where you can find out the current percentages on constraints and any Bronco news.

On 3/27, the banks are tentative to open again. That will only make this situation worse.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly,

I'd be more concerned with where you are in line at your dealer and how their allocations are. If you're one of the next in line and your dealer has steady allocations, I'd think you'd be pretty solid. You do have until 3/7 to make any of these changes.

Any of the changes to the big 3 (2 in your case as WT) you make will surely increase your chances - you might even have a better chance shortly with people like me bowing out of Wildtrak and not wanting to play the guess-and-wait game anymore. Wildtrak itself is a constraint. (Amount ordered compared to what they can build / SAS being standard)

I'd check with your dealer to see where you are and if they will give the allocation information out. Hold out til closer to the 3/7 deadline.. then worry about dropping constraints. Listen in on the "Ford Guy" live streams on youtube, where you can find out the current percentages on constraints and any Bronco news.

On 3/27, the banks are tentative to open again. That will only make this situation worse.
I’m #3 in line with the wildtrak orders.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am currently the last unscheduled reservation holder at my dealer. OB, SAS, Lux, Hardtop. I just called my dealer and dropped Lux to High, honestly not that big of a deal. I am rolling the dice that it might get scheduled dropping one of the constraints and I am top of the list at my dealer. As the deadline approaches, if I am not scheduled, time to flip it upside down and go 2 door, Black Diamond no SAS and have a fun Bronco to build on, and the wife keeps her loaded 22 Yukon we bought because the Bronco wasn't coming in.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$5k off, are they having that much trouble selling them?
Totally made up the dollar amount but it needs to be enough to entice some people. Figure at most they would get a few thousand to take the offer and they could exclude other offers to keep from being too costly. There are quite a few Wranglers at the dealers I’ve checked.

Sponsored

RichWpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sick of waiting endlessly and I'm sick of all these changes. So i just looked around and found one that is 95% of what i ordered and bought it.

I ordered a 2door badlands sasquatch with lux in race red.

I bought a 2 door wildtrak lux in cyber orange. Ken Grody in Buena Park,CA had just gotten it in, i called for a price, they came back with a reasonable number, but i spent the day looking at slightly used models to try and save a little more.

I was minutes away from making the handshake on a used 22 red 2 door wildtrak with mid package when the salesman at Grody called again with a lower offer, bringing them within $5k of the used one with the lower spec. I decided that the lux package was worth more to me than color, so i now have an orange bronco in the garage.

I decided to keep the order for my badlands as-is. If it gets built i may sell this one, if not my desire for another 4x4 to abuse has been satisfied.

It's been a year since i sold my last jeep, which is strange because i manufacture jeep parts for a living. Now maybe I'll design some bronco stuff. Or just go wheeling again.
Very similar to how I ended up with my Cyber Orange 2d last fall, my pending order is for racing red as well. Sometimes soon you just need to pull the trigger and be done with it. The color will grow on you, it‘s actually pretty sweet (and rare w/ 2d), people stop me all the time (universal roll down your window gesture) to compliment it. And when you run into other 2d Broncos on the road it’s something of an “event” with lots of pointing & smiles. :D

Congrats!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in allocation purgatory and part of the 2-dr gang so there isn't much I can change to my order. I'm relying on Granger getting MY'24 allocation pulled ahead to MY'23 to clear a chunk of the orders. I might make it if they do so. I really don't want to let Ford off the hook with PP. For me to jump the line, I would have to consider a moar door softie.

If the MY'24 allocation is used in MY'23, then the wait will be longer till MY'25 before I would see my original reservation. I'm not cancelling the reservation. I would only hope that items that were highlighted at launch actually become reality after the model refresh such as the body color modular HT and the HLIP.

Of course, I saw the writing on the wall after the allocation news when the MY'22 order banks opened. I chose to not wait behind the locked door and ordered a 2-dr BD Tow and had a VIN 6 weeks after the order banks opened. The hidden benefit is that I became a customer of Bill Brown Ford that receives tremendous allocation year after year. They reserve their allocation for in-state residents and prior customers. I may leverage that relationship to take a shot at the Ranger Raptor.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm also in allocation purgatory in the 2Dr gang at Granger and I won't change my order to a moar door (I dislike their look a lot) just to get built.

I also changed my order to a 2Dr non-Sasquatch Badlands (Mid, 2.7, modular bumper) right after Halloween when I saw my place in line and had a gut feeling something was up at Ford and that they were going attempt something (which they just did) to get as many built as possible before '24 M.Y.
My thinking behind the change was I'd at least have a some-what desirable model/build to sell or trade in case it some how actually gets built before I got all the info I wanted/needed for the other vehicle.
The same week I made the change I went and placed myself on the waiting list, at 2 Dealers, for the Ranger Raptor at MSRP. I'm in a fairly decent spot at both, but allocations will be the only concern I have at them and part of the reason why I haven't flat out canceled my Bronco order.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have a Bronco, but this whole circus act has worn away most of my enthusiasm and excitement at getting one.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just stumbled on a 4 door base with 2.7 and aux switches at a Texas dealer, if the $2500 MY23 transition program allowed you to use a different dealer, it would be a good deal.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just stumbled on a 4 door base with 2.7 and aux switches at a Texas dealer, if the $2500 MY23 transition program allowed you to use a different dealer, it would be a good deal.
I was wondering if for the $2500 Ford would let you choose stock from another dealer. I haven't read anything definitive but you would think since it's like a private offer it would follow you not the dealer.
Sponsored