Sponsored

For those of you with families / kids, is it big enough?

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My suggestion is becoming very efficient in effective packing for trips. I am 6' wife is 6'1 two kids 4 and 7 (heck the 7 year old has put on 3 inches in 4 months, not fun buying clothes and shoes). I believe i will be the shortest one in the house when the kids are grown?, but I digress. We also have a Carin Terrier that travels with us in his kennel.

We currently have a 11 F150 Screw with 247000 miles we bought new in August of 11 that will be replaced with the 4 door bronco. It is our go to for road trips to the Mountains, up north, and to the coast. However we have also done it with the wifes Subaru outback and it can be done just have to do tetris type packing.

I do use plastic totes to pack into because they are more easily packed tightly with all the odds and ends and aid in pulling the stuff in and out of the vehicle.
Hi there,

I've reserved a 4-door Black Diamond, which I am REALLY excited about. My ONLY concern is will the vehicle have enough space for our family?

I'll be selling my VW Alltrack which is a bit too small in the backseat and will keep my wife's '19 Highlander which has plenty of space.

Currently, our family consists of:
-Me, 5'9
-Wife, 5'4
-4yo and 2yo
-110# Rhodesian Ridgeback

I've looked at the current Ranger and I think the backseat area is much too small for our needs. I was planning on getting a Gen 2 Raptor (used puts me at likely the same price point as a new Bronco, mid-$40's) prior to reserving a Bronco. The Raptor has a GINORMOUS back seat and obvious utility with the bed.

Would like to use the Bronco as DD, overlander, and perhaps some infrequent off-roading, though desert running sounds REALLY fun.

Anyone else with a similar family size and utility have any thoughts on the size/utility of the Bronco vs Raptor?
Sponsored