First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you had a lemon you'd know about it by now. At 100k it's all about the PM's, keep up on them and you should be able to go as long as you want depending on comfort level replacing parts here and there. Even at high mileage it gets easier to replace a trans or engine block if needed as long as the rest of the vehicle is in good shape, especially compared to making a payment on a new vehicle. I still have a 97 F-150 with 365,000 on a 5.4 which everyone says was a garbage engine but I PM'd it properly and she's still going strong. My crapbox 97 Subaru has 306,000 on a boxer 4 cylinder, still going strong. Change the fulids and don't skimp on changing out parts here and there, good to go.
Sponsored

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I would bet the mechanical parts can do 300k…..the electrical systems are the things that will fail before 300k and are likely more challenging to repair.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you had a lemon you'd know about it by now. At 100k it's all about the PM's, keep up on them and you should be able to go as long as you want depending on comfort level replacing parts here and there. Even at high mileage it gets easier to replace a trans or engine block if needed as long as the rest of the vehicle is in good shape, especially compared to making a payment on a new vehicle. I still have a 97 F-150 with 365,000 on a 5.4 which everyone says was a garbage engine but I PM'd it properly and she's still going strong. My crapbox 97 Subaru has 306,000 on a boxer 4 cylinder, still going strong. Change the fulids and don't skimp on changing out parts here and there, good to go.
Those pre-phaser 5.4s are anything but garbage. We had a Super Duty shop truck with the 2V 5.4 go well over 400K, and it still ran like a top but the body and box were rusty beyond the point of being safe. It was used and abused, but maintained.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can only imagine 300k. Work out of my house semi-retired and not a big traveler except one trip a year. So with several vehicles getting 3k a year or so each, they die way (way) before 300k. Cars wear not driving a lot in many ways. Anything rubber/plastic dries out or cracks with time. My tires go from dry rot well before mileage wear. I actually keep an eye out for good used ones, but hard to find a good even set.
Why own and pay insurance on several low mileage vehicles? Makes zero financial sense.

Sponsored

Missy

Wildtrak
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am just so grateful that you brought this up! I have a mileage issue, I hit 25k and I want to get rid of it, meaning any car. My favorite stang that I ever had hit 25k and I traded it for another. I LOVE my Bronco, and do not want to get rid of it at 25k, I am currently at 18k, so knowing that this engine will last way past 100k makes me extremely happy! Now I won't mind upgrading my suspension, etc. We have only owned Coyote engines from Ford, never the eco boost engines.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why own and pay insurance on several low mileage vehicles? Makes zero financial sense.
I dunno about him, but dirt miles and track miles are a lot less than street miles but a heck of a lot more fun.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you love it, run it until it dies, if you still love it, get it a new engine and/or tranny or whatever it needs, It will always be cheaper than buying a brand new one. Everything can be replaced/ upgraded and with the Bronco, it's easier than most.

I look at Broncos, Jeeps and trucks very differently than most cars. Meaning a whole lot less disposable, and worth breathing life back into them.

I've loved very few of my vehicles to the point I wish I still had them, and many I couldn't wait to get rid of, everyone's different but I've learned giving your ride a refresh is sometimes far better than a new car payment for something you don't love, but is just new.

Just a thought...

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Change the oil and filter every 5-6k and only use full-synthetic 5w-30 and a quality filter. Check the air filter every 15-25k depending on how much off-roading you do. Other than that, the EcoBoost's require very little feed and caring. I'm on my 3rd, a 3.5 in a Navigator and a 2.0 in a Focus ST, none have caused any difficulty in over 300k combined miles. Wish I could say the same about the Hemi in my wife's '12 JGC.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For most of my life owned 2-300k Fords so I've come to expect it. My Super Duty is at 275 now. I had an Explorer with 325. They get a little naggy toward the end but the bang for your buck is pretty good.

The thing that scares me off nearly all OHC Ford V layout engines is the timing system - chains, phasers, etc. These usually aren't going to keep you from getting to 300k, they're just miserable repairs for the DIYer or expensive to have done by a shop.

Sponsored

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Check this out. https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-vehicle-mileage

If treated well, any modern engine will last longer than you will. A local dealer guarantees his select used vehicles for the life of the buyer. Think about it. 50k a year for 20 years is only 1,000,000 miles. My kid has a 1992 Chevy work truck with a 4.3 L engine. He takes care of it and uses it as a work truck. The Speedo broke at 320,000 mi about 10 years ago..

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 22 Wildtrak ready to go over 100,000 miles. Trade in value fell off a cliff, costs too much to trade and interest rates are high. Positive is this thing runs as good today as brand new. Only thing that’s been done is new tires. Question is, what’s the life expectancy of the 2.7 and transmission? Any other big things that can happen? I’m seriously thinking best thing financially is keep driving which is good until repairs become common. Thoughts?
I remember a guy with a fleet of Rangers said he had 200K miles on them and they were still going fine. They were the 2.3L but should be about the same. Of course 300K is possible but there are a lot of variables. I know a guy who drove a Chevy pickup 700K miles. On a side note, Carvana is still offering me what I paid (MSRP) for my 22 Base. A year ago they were offering 10K more than I paid.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not a big hit to my overall financial picture (It's also not like I am buying real high-end luxury cars - which some very wealthy people buy a lot of). I pay cash and hold, but still feel like something new every 7 or 8 years. I also got used to having two cars (I used to put on a ton of miles in sales 20 years ago and liked a back-up/weekend vehicle). The 2010 Escape is at a vacation home and insurance is not much on that since no collision. Insurance on the '22 "sporty" 2 door Bronco is actually a little less than the '16 Explorer family wagon for same coverage, which I found interesting given much lower replacement value is on the Explorer. Made me wonder if my insurance provider did that within their actuarial tables to have me paying insurance on my two main cars as opposed to losing the insurance on a car I could sell. And, knock on wood, spotless driving record and at an age where insurance is quite less. And, your WT could even be worth more than all three of my cars combined - or close to it (got BD for just under $40K) so it is all relative.
Sponsored

Last edited: