Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting article on Fords IFS
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...ronco-independent-front-suspension-explainer/

I certainly don't know anything about off-roading being I never have and don't know any of the technology involved. Bronco has that stabilizer disconnect feature. Maybe they'll develop a way to lock the front axle.
Yeah the Jeep has a sway bar disconnect as well. For taking off-roading to the extreme, you need the solid axles. For dessert running you need the IFS. You are just limited with the IFS when it comes to lifting, clearance, and strength, articulation, the solid axles are easier and simpler to fix out on the trail. Just look at the Bronco, you loose articulation when you go up to 35s. It only gets worse with larger tires. But, the Bronco is set up to do a lot how it is. It is just already close to being maxed out, when it comes to capability. Of course the trade off is the IFS is much nicer as a daily driver. My guess is, 90% of us don't need the solid front axle.

I'm just saying we have to give vehicles credit where credit is due. A stock Rubicon and a stock Badlands are going to be very comparable on the trail. But the Rubicon is only at the beginning of its capabilities and the Badlands is close to its max.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
he went on complaining that he wakes up every morning after a hard rain to find his carpet soaked inside his three year old Wrangler.
Yeah, i don't think i could live with that problem. Yet another good reason to roll with vinyl.

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bottom line: For most people, most of the time IFS is the way to go. Just a better all around compromise. A SFA is only necessary for a very, very small percentage of use cases, which would primarily consist of crawling through a rock garden. Which seems to be a very deliberate activity that most of us will seldom if ever engage in. I always read about IFS being more complex and consisting of more parts, but I’ve never really heard of an IFS failing or breaking. Not saying it’s not possible, it’s just not common enough to be a real issue for most people.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am saying to get the articulation I have now, I will likely have to replace upper and lower control arms (and associated minor parts) and possibly axles as well as shocks. You can look at some of the Toyota Tacoma lifts that allow good articulation for examples. I am not particularly concerned with the center ground clearance depicted in the illustration as we drag skid plates over rocks all the time.
Ah, okay! Thank you for clarifying.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

muh front axle
muh mirrors
muh 80,000 dollar v8 concept that wont exist

ya they are in huge trouble. However if the people who run the company are smart its time they redesign the jeep from the ground up to compete. The jeep is severely underpowered. So much so the bronco is stomping their brains out.

if they want to mess with ford they will have a 400+ mile , new electric wrangler with solid state batteries that charge in 5 minutes and dont catch on fire. however i dont think fiat is capable of any of these things. Ford might kill FCA with the bronco because the wrangler basically keeps them afloat
Competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer. Bring it on Fiat!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or take the carpet out and line-x the floor.

Me: *Has to dry out his Jeep JK every time it rains because Jeep couldn’t engineer a roof that doesn’t leak.*

FCA: “Just rip out your carpet, dummy!”

Me: *has set of dedicated towels I can swap out between storms*

FCA: “solid front axle!!”

Me: *has blow dryer and extension cord by front door to accelerate drying*

FCA: “TRAIL RATED!!!”

Me: *drives around in a swamp*

FCA: “iTs A jEeP tHiNg YoU wOuLdN’t UnDeRsTaNd”

Me: *heater core clogs*

Last edited:

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FCA will fix it like they do everything else.....Hellcat engines for everybody!!!!! You want 707hp in a Wrangler....you got it. Damn the Dana 44s full speed ahead!!!!

Clint Callahan

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some Jeep propaganda I found.

bronco vs jeep proaganda 1.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 2.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 3.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 4.jpg
You know you’re in trouble when your list of “advantages” starts with a folding down front window ???

it just goes down hill from there. If my glasses arent fogged, I believe Jeep tried to take their majorly notes design flaw of having mirrors in the door, and attempt to make make that sound like a good thing! That type of psychology worked about as good as it does for our president!

SMH.... in two years, Jeep mirrors will be on the pillar.

Sponsored

armycntlr

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeep...If you don't acknowledge the problem....It won't exist!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They forgot one: "Death wobble is a fun and challenging way to keep your attention and reflexes honed on those long highway drives out to your favorite off-roading spot"

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't trust JD Power. Dodge #1 and Lexus #12? I want to see the data to back that up.
I’m not sure lol, that’s just what I saw so I posted it. I have a 2019 Challenger Scat Pack and ::knock on wood::, I have no issues with it. Although I’ve only had it for 15-16 months and it only has like 4,600 miles on it. It’s been a really fun and solid car so far, we’ll worth the price and the 6.4L hemi is a monster and a hell of a lot of fun at the track.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only way for that to happen is if the make a solid axle rig. They may do it, and if they do, it could beat the Wrangler.

To satisfy the 1/10 of 1% of the market that will need it. Not necessary, nor profitable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.