Sponsored

Is my soft top now automatically going to Trektop with fastback?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I ordered my 2022 2D BL in 10/15/21, I selected the twill soft top at the top on the configurator, and not the trek fastback option at the bottom of the configurator under accessories. Now it looks like they are pushing everyone to Trektop? I was thinking Ford did one and Trektop did the other and noticed the Trektop does not fold all the way down, but makes a big circle at the upper rear roolbar. Not sure what the Ford does, but figured it must be different, and might fold all the way back once the windows are removed, etc. It also appears the Trektop is cheaper going to them, instead of going through Ford?

Any information about the softops is really appreciated. I do not care about customizing the soft top so they are halfway open, etc, as I want something dependable, simple and fast for going all the way up, and all the way down.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know but I hate the slant back on the 2 door and the fact that the top doesn’t go all the way down. Waiting for someone to make a square back

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys - I did not know if they changed it and I agree with @DrewBronc21. Definitely not seeing any reason to buy it through Ford as it is an extra $1k. Was really hoping for a simple softtop, that folded all the way up, and all the way back. If I ever am transporting vampires in the back seat then I might care for doing the half way open parachute thing, but for me I like simple, fast, and less hardware
Sponsored