Sponsored

Is the factory tranny skid plate available on its own?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think SAS would have steel plates already but heritage, I don't know. The most cost effective OE option is the accessory kit that includes everything but the transmission skid only used on the raptor. If you want the trans skid and need the others, it's cheaper to go with a complete aftermarket set.

https://www.ruxerparts.com/c-under-body-shields-26
Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That 4WP seems like a good deal. I understand that most of their stuff is made in China, but decent price for peace of mind. Has anyone installed it and have some feedback on it? Does it fit well with the factory skid plate package? I searched the forum and didn't see anything.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do the Raptor or 4WP trans skid plates require any additional fasteners or do the mounting points reuse already installed fasteners?
I love OEM but that 4WP part is a good value.
Looks like the BRaptor trans skid uses mounting points shared with the sway bar so that hardware will be present but likely one-time-use stuff like most of the rest of the Bronco hardware. The holes in the frame crossmembers will probably be threaded but youā€™ll likely need hardware and it will be the same as whatā€™s holding the other plastic or metal skids/shields on. Canā€™t speak to the 4wp skid but Iā€™ll bet it does include hardware.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP motivated me to finally get the tranny skid plate. Bought the 4WP one. Price for a steel plate is just too good to pass up.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Courtesy @flip
BRaptor factory trans skid which fits all 6Gs with the extra braces (2.7) and would probably fit 2.3 without but just have the extra accommodations
NB3Z-5D032-B
1713365792620-js.png

šŸ¤Æ
Why are you out of stock?

FWIW it's $687 + Shipping with their Bronco 6G discount.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like the BRaptor trans skid uses mounting points shared with the sway bar so that hardware will be present but likely one-time-use stuff like most of the rest of the Bronco hardware. The holes in the frame crossmembers will probably be threaded but youā€™ll likely need hardware and it will be the same as whatā€™s holding the other plastic or metal skids/shields on. Canā€™t speak to the 4wp skid but Iā€™ll bet it does include hardware.
I would certainly want to know the thickness of the two different plates, the Ford plate is pretty spendy, but looks like a serious part from the 6 mounting points. However, the 4WP unit may be as strong, depending on the steel alloy used, thickness, etc.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would certainly want to know the thickness of the two different plates, the Ford plate is pretty spendy, but looks like a serious part from the 6 mounting points. However, the 4WP unit may be as strong, depending on the steel alloy used, thickness, etc.
If SAS, the plate under the disco will be removed since the rappy plate extends up to that forward mounting point. Kind of a 2 in 1 and definitely heavy so they must have come up with the price based on weight. Not sure if I tweaked mine running a couple of trails on the DBBB with my '22 2.3L but when I put it on the '23 the plate was touching the diagonals. Pretty sure I did it but just be aware it may need some "adjustment".

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If SAS, the plate under the disco will be removed since the rappy plate extends up to that forward mounting point. Kind of a 2 in 1 and definitely heavy so they must have come up with the price based on weight. Not sure if I tweaked mine running a couple of trails on the DBBB with my '22 2.3L but when I put it on the '23 the plate was touching the diagonals. Pretty sure I did it but just be aware it may need some "adjustment".
I was actually surprised that shipping was fairly reasonable. It is bulky (and sounds heavy too).

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRƉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ƉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOOD MORNING
I received today my skid plates from TALON GARAGE transmission and transfer case its expensive but I am happy for my badland sasquash. 2023
TRACKTOY

Sponsored

RedWhite&Blue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thread motivated me to pick one up as well. Couldnt pass up that price from 4WP. Looks as though they only have a couple left in stock. My Bronco thanks you...

OP
OP
TLO

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This thread motivated me to pick one up as well. Couldnt pass up that price from 4WP. Looks as though they only have a couple left in stock. My Bronco thanks you...
Just noticed they're low on stock now lol

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed the 4WP skid today. It is pretty beefy, but obviously heavy.

Ford Bronco Is the factory tranny skid plate available on its own? 1000003642

Last edited:
OP
OP
TLO

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Just crawled under my 2 door Heritage again, and I do indeed have a metal engine skid pan...
So basically the only one missing from the full, Ford compliment is the transfer case skid šŸ¤·
And if my Badlands didn't even have a tranny skid, what am I worried 'bout? Lol
Definitely would add piece of mind.
Sponsored