Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm a fan of the OEM fuel tank skid too but have had issues sourcing the part.

I ordered the skid plate kit through Ford Accessories on August 6th - it forces you to select the ship-to-store option due to freight shipping / package size/weight. It's been about a month now with multiple phone calls to Ford Accessories, trips to the dealership, and the distribution warehouse to determine the status of the order since they don't really provide updates. For the past few weeks I've been told its on back-order with no ETA. Last week I was told that the system showed the vendor/Ford promised to ship during the week of 9/4. As of today I was told by the distribution warehouse that the ship date was listed as "changed to 9/18 due to packaging constraints". He says its common for them to shift the ship date further back every week. I was told this part is frequently back-ordered for up to 6 months at a time.
You ordered the whole kit, I see you can not just order pieces-and=parts of the kit via Ford Accessories.
Sponsored

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@tRyantodrive I to had issues with Ford Accessories. I place an order for the bash plates on 11 Aug. That order was canceled (without notification) and then lost. I also lost my Pass points too. I reordered on 20 Aug. Only got the order conformation email the day I place the reorder, never received any other info, even called Ford Accessories on 25 Aug by they showed only that I had made an order on 20 Aug. However, on 30 Aug, my dealership said the bash plates had arrived, so I went and picked them up.

@Callelk I have an OBX w/ mod bumper which came with bash plate and engine plate. So I only needed the transfer case plate and fuel tank. You could always sell the items you don't need now that some trims on come with plastic bash plate even with the mod bumper. I think I will keep all my items. I bet I beat up the front bash plate pretty good, so I will swap out the new front bash plate when I want to look pretty.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happy with the work done by Next Venture Motorsports. I ordered, and when the skid plates and rock sliders were ready drove over to have them installed.

Ford Bronco Ford Factory Fuel Tank Skid Plate Bronco Skid
None better in my opinion!!! UMHW while hard stomach $$ is a great addition. I don’t know of a stronger or better coverage solution out there.

No bolt heads anywhere that would get dragged on rocks. No paint/scratch worries like steel.

price is a consideration and I get it… but I think you get what you pay for with NVM.

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing I did not consider until my second coffee was shipping. I see a lot of the aftermarket are free-freight over $$. I doubt that you will see that with factory parts from anyone.
FYI I ordered the whole set through Ford accessories and had it shipped to my local dealer. Then also on line asked if I wanted installation. Oh and 20% off sale The whole shaband installed for under a Grand. Since I can not afford some of the other brands right now These are definatly better than nothing.

Sponsored

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found the whole set of Ford skids for $644 with $27 shipping to my house. It was on oemfordpartsoline.com. Anyone ever do business with that site, is it legit? From the Ford accessory site it is around $830ish.

https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-skid-plate-mb3z5d032e.

I will need to find a transmission cover, not sure yet what will be a direct fit.

OP
OP
Callelk

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I found the whole set of Ford skids for $644 with $27 shipping to my house. It was on oemfordpartsoline.com. Anyone ever do business with that site, is it legit? From the Ford accessory site it is around $830ish.

https://ford.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-skid-plate-mb3z5d032e.

I will need to find a transmission cover, not sure yet what will be a direct fit.
About the same after free shipping

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/mb3z-5d032-e-21-22-bronco-4-door-ford-oem-skid-plate-kit.html
Sponsored