BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great job! I‘ll bet it was fun with the snow and wet. Pretty tight squeeze for a body under there as well!

I bet you could sell the front skid and the plate behind it pretty easily since so many people will have the plastic stock ones.
Oh pics. That thing was heavy good thing I frequent the gym 😂, well my dog helped/supervised. Thanks for the advice 🤙🏽. @Frankie945
Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 3E1FE3F2-8306-4F1D-94A6-57CEFB46D4F1

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 98CDEA6E-FFB5-4783-B0E8-DAD8CFC5612E

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? AD9CDE4C-568F-4C71-8237-92E74E91D4C7

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 9354AE64-12CE-4703-A9E1-C664C2B132B0

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? ABDB2BD7-9F36-48E4-B784-2D91310D5521

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? EE8201C2-FAEA-4B0A-AF37-8C57A6BFDFA7
Sponsored

Last edited:

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the part number on the front skid plate and the one under the engine?

Trying to match it up with what's on @flip 's dealership's parts page - https://www.ruxerparts.com/c-bronco-6?page=2

Is one of them https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-skid-plate-mb3z5d032a (I have a 2.3L)? Thanks
MB3Z-5D032-B or -A Front
MB3Z-5B018-A Engine
MB3Z-7E063-A Transfer case
MB3Z-9K014-A Tank 2d -C 4d

Front and engine are tricky to look up without a VIN. I got these from our FE VIN and looking up without a VIN for all options.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MB3Z-5D032-B or -A Front
MB3Z-5B018-A Engine
MB3Z-7E063-A Transfer case
MB3Z-9K014-A Tank 2d -C 4d

Front and engine are tricky to look up without a VIN. I got these from our FE VIN and looking up without a VIN for all options.
Someone recently posted some take offs that included a transmission skid. I hadn't seen this before, do you have a PN for that? 2 door, 2.3 auto BTW

Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed the oem skid plates on my Base with SAS and I don’t have the modular bumper either. To fit the front skid plate, I had to cut off the tow hooks for the front lip of the plate to sit flush with that mount. I was fine with cutting them off since they were useless with the aftermarket bumper I installed. The other two small plates had no problems.
For the gas tank skid I waited until the tank itself was under half full, because you have to take off the existing straps holding it up. I used tie wire to hold it up temporarily, took off the straps, bolted up the new skid loosely, cut the wires out, and tightened everything up. Overall, pretty simple, but the tank skid is heavy.
The skid plate kit sold for a 4 door has everything you need, including bolts and instructions. Only thing it lacks is the correct mount up front if you want to keep tow hooks.
Do you have to cut the parts on the truck? Is there no way to modify the plate to mount it?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MB3Z-5D032-A
Is this for the transmission? that is the PN for the front in your PN list above.

The one in question is second from the top in this photo from jcroffroad.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1647969029328

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this for the transmission? that is the PN for the front in your PN list above.

The one in question is second from the top in this photo from jcroffroad.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1647969029328
It was my understanding that the one in the center of the photo was the skid plate for the sta-bar disconnect

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was my understanding that the one in the center of the photo was the skid plate for the sta-bar disconnect
He said these came off a Wildtrak so no sta bar disco. It looks to me, after crawling around under my Bronco, it would be for the transmission and crossover pipe. It looks like it would attach to the crossmember and (maybe) the stabilizer bar mount (at that tubular thing). These are the first I've seen this. I'm asking because I have a Big Bend w/o modular with the plastic engine skid and no transfercase skid. It looks like I could get the Engine for around $100, the TC for $35 from Ford parts and this trans skid would round it out nicely if I could get a PN

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the number it's show for the part listed as 5B018B in the pic below.
5D032 is the front, 5B018A (not applicable) would be under engine, and 7E063 appears to be transfer case. This list is for a 2D 2.3 according to Microcat. That said, it's entirely possible some of these numbers or illustrations could be wrong.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1647970191533

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He said these came off a Wildtrak so no sta bar disco. It looks to me, after crawling around under my Bronco, it would be for the transmission and crossover pipe. It looks like it would attach to the crossmember and (maybe) the stabilizer bar mount (at that tubular thing). These are the first I've seen this. I'm asking because I have a Big Bend w/o modular with the plastic engine skid and no transfercase skid. It looks like I could get the Engine for around $100, the TC for $35 from Ford parts and this trans skid would round it out nicely if I could get a PN
The part number for that is
MB3Z5D032A and it's called a Powertrain Skid Plate Shield.

But you would need the brackets (note 3) that support the sta-bar disconnect to the frame in order to install it if you don't have the sta-bar disconnect already.

ML21345.png

Front Submember.png

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks from flip's drawing that you are correct. The orientation in jcr's photo is reversed. if I look at it like flips drawing it would cover the sta bar. So good info thanks flip and wirenut.
The part number for that is
MB3Z5D032A and it's called a Powertrain Skid Plate Shield.

But you would need the brackets (note 3) that support the sta-bar disconnect to the frame in order to install it if you don't have the sta-bar disconnect already.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? Front Submember

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? Front Submember
I see, thanks. It makes sense now, but not for my use.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

having a base 4 door with mod bumper, I already have the front bash and engine skid. Is it possible to piece transmission, transfer case, and gas tank skids from ford? If so which parts are needed? I’m sorry if this has already been answered

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to admit squatch is a good deal but I have no interest in any other options. Good call not getting all the overpriced stuff direct from the factory. Spread that cash around a little bit.👍I am looking at some aluminum plates from jcroffroad.
Sponsored