Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does any 4dr bronco trim come with a gas tank skid? I want to go wheeling but with no skid plates it’s got me worried to death. I know I can get oem plates and arb is coming out with something but I can’t find any info on a gas tank skid. Here’s a short video of my old jku that shows how scared up my skid plates were. They’re really important if you go on the rocky stuff.
Sponsored

Last edited:

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So skid plates are important however, you elected to upgrade to a Sasquatch package and a 2.7 but not the plates? 🤷‍♂️

As I understand it the OEM plates require a modular bumper as well but I could be wrong. Wait until you discover how difficult they are going to be to install. :mad:

OP
OP
Frankie945

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So skid plates are important however, you elected to upgrade to a Sasquatch package and a 2.7 but not the plates? 🤷‍♂️

As I understand it the OEM plates require a modular bumper as well but I could be wrong. Wait until you discover how difficult they are going to be to install. :mad:
Some us don’t want all that extra sensor crap can’t afford the high dollar trims and I didn’t like the mod bumper.

Last edited:

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350, 2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some us can’t afford the high dollar trims and I didn’t like the mod bumper.
I just installed the oem skid plates on my Base with SAS and I don’t have the modular bumper either. To fit the front skid plate, I had to cut off the tow hooks for the front lip of the plate to sit flush with that mount. I was fine with cutting them off since they were useless with the aftermarket bumper I installed. The other two small plates had no problems.
For the gas tank skid I waited until the tank itself was under half full, because you have to take off the existing straps holding it up. I used tie wire to hold it up temporarily, took off the straps, bolted up the new skid loosely, cut the wires out, and tightened everything up. Overall, pretty simple, but the tank skid is heavy.
The skid plate kit sold for a 4 door has everything you need, including bolts and instructions. Only thing it lacks is the correct mount up front if you want to keep tow hooks.

Sponsored

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just installed the oem skid plates on my Base with SAS and I don’t have the modular bumper either. To fit the front skid plate, I had to cut off the tow hooks for the front lip of the plate to sit flush with that mount. I was fine with cutting them off since they were useless with the aftermarket bumper I installed. The other two small plates had no problems.
For the gas tank skid I waited until the tank itself was under half full, because you have to take off the existing straps holding it up. I used tie wire to hold it up temporarily, took off the straps, bolted up the new skid loosely, cut the wires out, and tightened everything up. Overall, pretty simple, but the tank skid is heavy.
The skid plate kit sold for a 4 door has everything you need, including bolts and instructions. Only thing it lacks is the correct mount up front if you want to keep tow hooks.
I’m looking to do the same. Where & what is the best price you found?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How much did the kit cost

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was the same. I didn't like the Ford bumpers or rails, so I'm waiting for better aftermarket ones to be available. I'm also worried about the oil pan and the broncos low cross members.

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350, 2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Wildtrak has an option for full skid plates and I got it. Not sure what “Full” means but I like full as oppose to not full. I guess I will find out when it comes
Sponsored