Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Just ordered -A. Do you know if it ships with the clip nuts? If not, do you have the part number for them?
Just saw that pop up. No hardware but here are the numbers. It looks like 4 bolts but not sure on total number of nuts.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1649256879787

W717376-S439B BOLT, M10 X 30MM

W717461-S439 NUT, M10X1.5
Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1649256592139

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.3 engine plate.
Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? 1649257775119

This seems not quite correct. The first image looks like the sta bar plate, second the plastic engine plate and third the steel engine plate??

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since nomenclature hasn't been established by Ford I'm going to call the plate in the top pic one of the engine skids since it does "technically", sit below the front part of the engine.

Both sets of pics are from the workshop manual, second one does have both the aero shield and steel plate. I did this for fastener reference since none of the shields come with the related hardware and the parts diagram was not very clear on how many of the bolts or cage nuts were needed.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, you're correct that there is no OEM transmission plate.

It looks like the ASFIR transmission plate (https://www.asfir.com/gear-box-skid-plate-599660.html) may not play well with the front+engine plates that come with the modular bumper. In the installation video it shows cutting the plastic engine plate to make room for the transmission plate (see )
Of course I don't have the plastic plates.

Would the badlands version of the transmission plate fit?? https://www.asfir.com/gear-box-skid-plate-599661.html
ASFIR says the transmission plate works with the stock plates.
JCR says theirs will not.

Trying to figure out the most cost-effective route to take...maybe get the Ford kit for the fuel and transfer skids for now, then later hit up ASFIR for the transmission plate?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@flip is the transfer case skid the same for 2 and 4 door? i.e., does MB3Z-7E063-A work with 4 door?
I can confirm the 4-door skid plate set fit my 2-door, including the transfer case plate and hardware. Not the fuel tank skid, obviously, but 2-doors already have those anyway. That part number matches what I got in the 4 piece kit per my notes here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...t-on-a-base-2-door-with-plastic-bumper.36771/

Just saw that pop up. No hardware but here are the numbers. It looks like 4 bolts but not sure on total number of nuts.

When I put the 4-door kit on my 2-door, I needed the 4 bolts and 2 clip nuts just as the (4-door) instructions showed.

Thrash Metash

Base
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know if W717461-S439 comes with 4 nuts as pictured?
Or does it only come with 1?
W717376-S439B doesn't show a picture so same question for the bolts.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1649256879787.png

1649256592139.png
When I put the 4-door kit on my 2-door, I needed the 4 bolts and 2 clip nuts just as the (4-door) instructions showed.
Anyone know if W717461-S439 comes with 4 nuts as pictured?
Or does it only come with 1?
W717376-S439B doesn't show a picture so same question for the bolts.
I can confirm that the transfer case skid plate in @flip's screenshot from the TSM above (with 4 bolts) only uses two bracket nuts that clip to the outer frame on the driver's side of the vehicle (as confirmed in @flip's listing on the Ruxer website below). The two bolts in the forward part that connect to the cross member bolt into threaded holes in the cross member itself. I just removed that skid plate last night.

Ford Bronco Gas tank skid plate? Transfer Plate Skid Plate

Also, I assume the part numbers in @flip's post are for each bolt or nut, and not for a multi set, but maybe he can clarify?

Last edited:

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does someone know where I can get the installation instructions for the OEM Bash Plates?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed the Ford transfer case and gas bash plates yesterday (I already had the front and engine ones that came with the modular bumper) on my base sas. Transfer case was super easy. Gas required using binding wire at two ends to hold gas tank up while removing existing straps and replacing with with skid. Used another poster’s trick of starting the front two bolts then lifting the rest of the skid. My son helped lift the gas tank skid while I started four bolts (that thing is heavy!). The rest was a one-person job. I bought the skids off of someone who posted on B6g for a good price. I did the same with my rock rails. You can get some good prices on here if you keep an eye out.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi, would you like to sell me the fuel tank straps you took off? Thanks.
oh crap I tossed those when I installed skid. Damn should of kept them.

Eli pizza boy

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gas tank skid is no joke it’s very stout. I did what carryon did and tied up the tank. I did do the install with hardly any gas in the tank to make it easier but it probably didn’t even matter because the tank is tied up with wire. If anyone goes to install one here’s another tip. Get the skid plate under the bronco close to where it lines up to bolt on. Grab the front half (which is the lighter half) and raise it up where you can get the two bolts in the front. After you get those two bolts finger tight raise up the rest of the plate and finger thread all the bolts in. Go back and tighten them all down. Super easy even thought it’s really heavy.

Are you selling this
Sponsored