Sponsored

Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go??

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not worth it for me. It's a fair price. But its nothing I can't live without. I currently have the adaptive cruise but only ever used it once and its something I can do w/o. And I found a lot of people saying they don't like the evasive steering and found it a weird sensation. And the rest is minor stuff I don't need. Not to mention I'm already paying a little more on my build than I originally wanted. Which is why I'll stick with the high pkg.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I don't think it's worth it. I have the ACC and while it's a nice feature I can live without it.

The Homelink doesn't work worth a #@%$,at least mine doesn't. With my Ranger I have to be almost in my driveway for it to work and with my regular garage opener I can open my door from the end of the street.

The heated steering wheel...It's AZ, it's already heated! ?

The B&O is a nice stereo and I have it now but not $2,300 nice. Just keep one thing in mind that if you change out the stereo it could be a problem on future warrantee work. One of our Ranger 5G members had an issue with his heat and they wouldn't warrantee it because he changed out his stereo. Yes you read that rite because with the factory stereo all the info is integrated into the infotainment system so it can compromise the dealers ability to troubleshoot problems. Quick fix is to put the stock unit back in but that'a a PITA.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-problems.9943/#post-186374

well after further speaking to them it may prove to be an issue regardless of where I go. For the heat not working there's a special bulletin about referencing codes from the factory setup and possible replacement of the system. I figured it out to be the actuator but without the radio and access to codes they said Ford won't pay out the warranty work completed. I'm breaking down and removing the radio to get it fixed and then will again re-install it. Just an added PITA.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I don't think it's worth it. I have the ACC and while it's a nice feature I can live without it.

The Homelink doesn't work worth a #@%$,at least mine doesn't. With my Ranger I have to be almost in my driveway for it to work and with my regular garage opener I can open my door from the end of the street.

The heated steering wheel...It's AZ, it's already heated! ?

The B&O is a nice stereo and I have it now but not $2,300 nice. Just keep one thing in mind that if you change out the stereo it could be a problem on future warrantee work. One of our Ranger 5G members had an issue with his heat and they wouldn't warrantee it because he changed out his stereo. Yes you read that rite because with the factory stereo all the info is integrated into the infotainment system so it can compromise the dealers ability to troubleshoot problems. Quick fix is to put the stock unit back in but that'a a PITA.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-problems.9943/#post-186374

well after further speaking to them it may prove to be an issue regardless of where I go. For the heat not working there's a special bulletin about referencing codes from the factory setup and possible replacement of the system. I figured it out to be the actuator but without the radio and access to codes they said Ford won't pay out the warranty work completed. I'm breaking down and removing the radio to get it fixed and then will again re-install it. Just an added PITA.

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Worth it for me. I love adaptive cruise control and heated steering wheels are a godsend.

Is it overpriced? Eh, maybe. I would've expected the 360 camera to be part of Lux instead of High

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set on your same built with Lux because I wanted the upgraded sound. But after reading a few horrible reviews of the BO system, I am going high. I can put a better system in for well under 2k. And I have zero desire for the tech features in that package.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set on your same built with Lux because I wanted the upgraded sound. But after reading a few horrible reviews of the BO system, I am going high. I can put a better system in for well under 2k. And I have zero desire for the tech features in that package.
Good luck with the audio upgrade. Sync 4 is a very complicated system and upgrading that could effect other electronics to include your heat/cooling/fan/screen/apps/etc. Lots of people have created problems with the upgrades. I'm playing it safe and not messing with it.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not worth it. I’m getting the high package with Badlands. If you want a good sound system get one after market. Save yourself some money.
Agree.....doing the same.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah gone are the days that you just wire up aftermarket components and you’re done, which is my I never messed with my sync 3 system in my F150 because it became costly.

My wife isnt going to want to go from a loaded grand cherokee to a bronco without a heated steering wheel (our last 3 vehicles have all had it and we live in CO), or without a nice sound system.

i still cant beliece they force you into the lux package for a heated steering or garage door opener though when you can buy those things ala carte in other ford vehicles. I mean they offer the keyless number pad for the bronco, why not the garage door opener too? Jeep offers a cold climate package, why cant ford?

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee trail hawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All i wanted was a heated steering wheel, but look forward to a nice sound system for those long winter drives.
what the possibility of adding a heated steering wheel to the mid package either through Ford parts& accessories or aftermarket?

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what the possibility of adding a heated steering wheel to the mid package either through Ford parts& accessories or aftermarket?
People do raptor wheel upgrades all the time on f150 and super duty. 500+ for the wheel 500 + for clockspring modules wiring harnesses coding. So for 1000 you get a wheel. No value there when you get the rest of lux for essentially double the cost. Plus you get to tear up your new truck. You may be able to recoup a few bucks on the leather wrapped steering wheel.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shows up as part of the lux package on my end.

Garage opener and heated steering belong in the mid package, high at most. Put stuff like massaging seats and heated cupholders in the lux package.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I havent paid THAT close of attention to the interior, but I think maybe the heated wheel controls are in the screen? which might add a wrinkle.

theres lots of buttons, but not sure Ive seen a heated wheel button. but then not sure if any were a lux package...
Right beside the drivers temperature control is the heated steering wheel button. So yes, should be included in the mid package.

Ford Bronco Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go?? 53F74658-9558-43EB-B51F-E6D9B7025526
Sponsored