First Name
Tylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Superduty, Mustang, Expedition, Flex
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Someone convince me the 25k dealer markup on an 87k Raptor order is worth trading my 22 Wildtrak for. Here in California, after taxes and licensing, I’m looking at around 120k and I’m finding it hard to justify. It’s not that I don’t have the money, it’s the “is it really worth it?”
Sponsored

OP
OP
ElBlamo

ElBlamo

Raptor
First Name
Tylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no.

Anyone who pays a markup on a mass produced car is an idiot.
Being in California, a dealership markup is normal business. There isn’t a single dealership that isn’t tacking on a markup. While I do appreciate your opinion, it isn’t very helpful in answering the question.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The minute you drive off the lot, depreciation starts and the markup vaporizes. Granted the Raptor, and other Broncos, will hold their value, but in my opinion it is money thrown away. I bought a 2018 F150 Raptor and was faced with the same problem - markups everywhere. I waited a bit until the demand eased and then bought it at MSRP. The only cars I can see spending a markup on is limited production/exotics, which usually appreciate in value. Think of what you can buy for $120K!

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Being in California, a dealership markup is normal business. There isn’t a single dealership that isn’t tacking on a markup. While I do appreciate your opinion, it isn’t very helpful in answering the question.
There is a simple and smart solution to that. Failing that. Travel to purchase. Then you also get a nice roadtrip with it too. Paying a markup is just plain stupid.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It all depends on the person and what their priority is in life. Some people like to have the latest and greatest top of the line things. If that isn't a priority of yours, don't spend that money. Id be patient and wait it out a few years, but that's me.

Murphy

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, MIC, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't justify it personally. If you love the vehicle and intend to keep it for a loonnnng time then maybe a case. Or maybe you just want the newest now.

But anyway you cut it it will lose money the moment you take it off the lot...and when ford rights itself with bronco production it will take a hit.

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is also the case of why there are markups in the first place. I get that its a Raptor, but gurantee there are better deals somewhere else. If you pay it then it just solidifies the thought for the dealer and the cycle starts over.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Ford. Come on. No offense to anyone who owns a Raptor.. but eesh. You're going to have the same questionable build quality as your ~$50K vehicle but you'll sleep better at night knowing you paid $100K instead.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you should have posted this in the Braptor forum, with people that, you know, actually have a Braptor and can weigh in on it's perceived worth?

Also, no, it's not worth a 25k markup unless you find value in bragging about how much extra you spent.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion that’s what make our country great. I look at vehicles like the bronco, raptors, corvettes as entertainment. If it makes you happy who cares if not a good investment. Is the $120k going to make or break you financially? That’s something only you know. I paid a mark up in 21 on my Badlands and have had a blast with in the past 18 months. Best $65k I’ve spent in a long time.

OP
OP
ElBlamo

ElBlamo

Raptor
First Name
Tylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion that’s what make our country great. I look at vehicles like the bronco, raptors, corvettes as entertainment. If it makes you happy who cares if not a good investment. Is the $120k going to make or break you financially? That’s something only you know. I paid a mark up in 21 on my Badlands and have had a blast with in the past 18 months. Best $65k I’ve spent in a long time.
I also paid a premium at 69k for the wildtrak, which it’s still valued at for now and I’ve put 8k miles on it in the last 6 months. I love this thing, gets better mileage than my super duty and I still get my work done across the state out of the back. The Raptor I ordered is finally in production, but the cost has inflated dramatically on it. Waffling on keeping the wildtrak or trading for the raptor. We’re really talking about inches of suspension and minuscule performance numbers comparatively. I’m out taxes and registration fees regardless. Sucks dealerships have become dirt merchants with their entitlement fees.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.