Sponsored

Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go??

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main thing was the heated steering wheel. Plus the upgraded audio is nice to have.

I really wish they did some type of cold weather package to give me the heated steering wheel without all the other crap.
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't looked into it, but I've heard having these nanny systems on your vehicle can actually reduce your insurance costs too. Not sure if it is enough to make it 'worth it' though.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you use the ford adaptive cruise control? I have heard bad things about adaptive cruise making adjustments to cars in other lanes. (Not a huge deal) this was NOT on a a ford though. What was your experience like with it if it was on a ford?
My daily commute is 40miles one way and I use the ACC in both the suburban and highway driving and will never buy another vehicle without it. The only problem I have is it seems to react (ie, brake) when I am passing a shiney tanker truck or a semi with shiney fuel tanks. The polished steel and/or aluminum seems to screw with the radar. This only happens once or twice a month.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you use the ford adaptive cruise control? I have heard bad things about adaptive cruise making adjustments to cars in other lanes. (Not a huge deal) this was NOT on a a ford though. What was your experience like with it if it was on a ford?
I've not had one problem with the ACC in the wife's Mustang. It took me a little to get used to as it's the first ACC I've encountered. But, it works as advertised.

To answer the OP. I figure if I'm going to order an Outer Banks with all the do-dads that come with it, and that I will order the high package, I may as well go for broke. Or, just go broke. Plus, as I said I do like the ACC, and do want the B&O system.

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you already planned on BL, then I see why not. However, if you were doing BD ... then you need $8k after taxes for a comparable OB or $11k to step up to BL because the interior is so horrible on the OB.
Yes! This point you make represents a massive gap in Ford's packaging. Especially considering the OB (nearest BD upgrade) has a completely different look with the painted flares. It was the only model I eliminated immediately upon seeing it

Last edited:

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I believe its worth it for the adaptive cruise control, heated steering wheel and the sound system. Good luck getting an aftermarket sound system for even 50% of that cost.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have adaptive cruise in my 17 Raptor - have driven cross country and up and down the east coast with zero issues. My father has it on his Limited and uses it when he travels without a problem - loves it. It took a little getting used to - faith - but now I will not have another new vehicle without it. Would be nice if it were a stand alone option - but I'd want most of the other stuff in the LUX anyway so I am fine with it . . . wish it was available in the Black Diamond but then what would really separate that and the Badlands . . . IMO it's fine.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes! This point you make represents a massive gap in Ford's packaging. Especially considering the OB (neatest BD upgrade) has a completely different look with the painted flares. It was the only model I eliminated immediately upon seeing it
I believe once the Sasquatch is added you eliminate the painted fenders . . . but I could be wrong. I have thought seriously about the OBX with all the options instead of the Wildtrak that I reserved (actually comes in a few dollars higher once I add all the equal items) because IMO the interior options are much better . . . I am not big on the tan leather in the Wildtrak but really do like the Blue/Gray leather in the OBX . . . probably a December 7 decision.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All i care about was the steering wheel and sound... So, it is a think really good about it.. because i would need to cut the sas package...
Acc, i prefer my driving skills.
And i dont even have a garage hahaha

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally, I thought it wasn't worth it, but now I'm going to go with it. I don't have to lock up my garage opener and phone charger when the top is off. When driving with the top off, the extra speakers will allow you to actually hear the music over the wind. ACC is nice to have since I like going on road trips and I'd be interested in trying it on my daily commute. Heated steering wheel is just a perk.

Chris

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been all over the place from BaseSquatch Manual to loaded WildTrak and I was pretty all set with a mid-priced Black Diamond build, but then I remembered previous new cars that I ordered and optioned out. In 2002 I was deciding between the Honda S2000 and the Toyota MR2 Spyder and the Mazda Miata. I decided to go with the Honda and never regretted it once. In 2009, I sought to be frugal, and specced out a Z51 Corvette with all the performance options although I could have waited for a Grand Sport or sprung for a Z06. Always regretted that. When I was looking to buy a new JKU Wrangler, I decided the Willys Wheeler would do what I needed it to and thought it was good to save a bit of money vs. the more hardcore Rubicon. Little did I know that the Rubicon was really the one to get and the resale values would make the extra money upfront worth it. So I think this time, I am all in. Maybe not fully loaded, but Badlands, Squatch, 2.7, Hardtop, Lux, etc.

Ford Bronco Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go?? no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663
Sponsored