PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me, a locking rear is a must have. If offered on the base, I would not have gone with Squatch. 2.7 Squatch it is...
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sasquatch isn't a need it's a want. I would say 95% of people do not need Sasquatch. If you want it and can afford it then get it.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mission defines the gear. Do you want/need what the Samsquantch package offers?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes and yes. From the standpoint of both cost and if you are going to use it. If you are not going to use it and go on harder trails where you need the extra ground clearance, suspension, lockers, then no. I thought about going base, base and adding Sasquatch bits and pieces after. Time consuming, delays and I think it will cost more in the end with tires, wheels, lift, shocks and gearing. I researched it for almost one entire day- trying to find wheels that would fit, Ranger wheels, larger tires, shocks, etc. Aftermarket items are not even available yet although I am sure the aftermarket companies are engineering them right now. Initially prices and demand will be high- the Bronco being a new model. So it can be done but expect it to cost and be patient to wait.

After researching this, it was a no brainer to go base and Sasquatch and that is what I ordered.

Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1) Look at Bronco Nation's base model walkaround if you want an idea of what you get with a base model and sasquatch package

2) There is a small, vocal, fun, possibly crazy, subset of the community who will pretty much immediately start swapping major ford parts for aftermarket parts so they tend to view everything but powerplant and powertrain options as complete waste of money. For them the answer is an obvious yes.

3) Above base model a lot of the markup is tied to convenience or style features or electronic safety features.

4) Rear lockers are important to some people. Personally I refuse to buy a 4x4 without them. Only way to get them on the base model is with the sasquatch package. The pricing difference between big bend with rear lockers and base with sasquatch is only about 3k if I remember correctly(big bend with rear lockers and aftermarket 33" tires could be a decent option for someone). I personally am leaning towards a wildtrack though.

5) I've said this before in another thread, but it bears repeating. The options that matter the most from a long term owner perspective are the engine and powertrain since swapping those aftermarket is sketchy and expensive and they tend to hold their resale value better anyway. Just make sure you are happy with those and you will probably not be overly concerned about your other choices. Nobody looks to buy a 10 year old car and goes "but does it have the blind spot monitoring?"

Last edited:

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Components are more than worth the cost of the package, but not if you don’t intend to use them. What is your intended use for this vehicle?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of all the model/package combinations base squatch is the overall best value and it's well worth it IMO. The only thing you may want to consider is the cost of tires when it comes time to replace them. I'm guessing the stock base tires are probably half the cost of the squatch tires.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It’s not a real bronco w/o SAS.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Choose the path of least regret.

For me, that's Squatch. Would hate myself later for NOT getting it, given it's coming from the factory, particularly if resale matters to you. Which it does not for me at all.

And I say this absolutely knowing that the actual functionality matters maybe 0.01% of the time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No one has said the obvious reason of why its worth it on the base.

It gets rid of the hideous steelies

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Out of all the model/package combinations base squatch is the overall best value and it's well worth it IMO. The only thing you may want to consider is the cost of tires when it comes time to replace them. I'm guessing the stock base tires are probably half the cost of the squatch tires.
I just happen to have a bronco dealer "preliminary" spec sheet open right now. Re: tires you can replace them with whatever you want as long as they fit. 33" tires are pretty cheap and widely available; I think because that's the largest size that fits on a stock wrangler suspension. I think sticker shock on 35" tires will make some sasquatch owners downsize. I also suspect 33" tires will fit on a stock Bronco. But don't take my word for it. I know :poop: about tires

Ford Bronco Getting a BRONCO BASE - is it worth to put the Sasquatch Package 1616785696278

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just happen to have a bronco dealer "preliminary" spec sheet open right now. Re: tires you can replace them with whatever you want as long as they fit. 33" tires are pretty cheap and widely available; I think because that's the largest size that fits on a stock wrangler suspension. I think sticker shock on 35" tires will make some sasquatch owners downsize. I also suspect 33" tires will fit on a stock Bronco. But don't take my word for it. I know :poop: about tires

Ford Bronco Getting a BRONCO BASE - is it worth to put the Sasquatch Package 1616785696278
The offset on the squatch wheels is different from the rest of the stock wheels...the 315 squatch tires on a standard wheel will rub.