Sponsored

Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco?

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry completely forgot here ya go... its on the right hand side they stuffed it up there, then ran the wiring looks like up and under

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg
I just finished installing and seems to work great. I didnt ziptie it down but wedged it in between just like this dealer did and it holds it pretty firmly. Easy, fast and works.
Sponsored

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed mine - did not take very long; probably 30 mins in total. I found that the hardest part wasn't getting the existing gateway cable out, but getting the new one to plug in securely to the gateway. Probably the first time I've ever said this, but my small hands actually came in handy to get everything done :LOL:

Like a few others did, I ziptied mine around the gateway module, drilled a hole in the passenger speaker grille, ran the led cable down, and then got everything closed up and tested it out. I found that to get the system to respond to taps and bangs on the driver's side, I had to max out the sensitivity. I'll have to experiment, especially in a public setting. I feel bad for any poor bastard who accidentally taps my passenger's side!

But overall, not a bad install at all. Definitely not worth the hundreds of dollars that dealers are charging to install (and probably not worth the $50 that the Ford accessory site charges for install either).

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed it on my Bronco. The Gateway connector is a royal pain to get out and to plug in the harness. I broke on of the tabs off of the glove box damper putting the link back in, but it is working.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am about to do this install over the long weekend.

Does it require forscan or anything? Can I do it with simple tools as a novice? I've never bothered with anything electrical yet.

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't put in the led indicator, I have a base and wanted the keyfob remote start, didn't care about the alarm. Install was really easy after glovebox came out. I did not have any problems getting the connector out or the new in, only thing that I found tight was getting the zip ties around everything. I needed no forscan for the remote start.

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope these helps. I was able to login and download VSS/Remote Start diagrams. VSS info begins on page 11.
Ok I can’t get this pdf to provide any info at all about getting the alarm activated.

anyone able to explain like I’m 5 years old?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok I can’t get this pdf to provide any info at all about getting the alarm activated.

anyone able to explain like I’m 5 years old?
There’s no active management of the alarm once it’s installed. It just…works, when the doors are locked.
There’s a sensitivity dial on the module you’ll need to play with to get it how you want. You can test the alarm by banging on the B pillar or rocking the Bronco around. Just lock the doors and leave the keys far enough away to test.

martinjune

Black Diamond
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just confirming, this does work with the top and doors removed?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just confirming, this does work with the top and doors removed?
Yep. It's a motion sensor, so rocking or hitting the Bronco will set it off. Unfortunately, parking on streets like Moab Main Street means it will go off every time a loud vehicle goes by as well. I can modify the sensitivity, but I wish I could also disable it from time to time.

Bobio

Badlands
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bad lands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm new to bronco6g and mine is now ordered. I've been haunting several threads learning. I have a question if I may. Is it possible to run a bypass switch maybe in the glove box, to turn off the new perimeter alarm as needed, say in busy streets, or downtown, etc? And if you could use a switch, would it also turn off the regular too because the new shock alarm is installed? basically use old PATS all the time and new when needed by the switch. I'm still learning sorry
Sponsored