Sponsored

Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This seems to be the ultimate security system:

https://www.ravelco.com/

Watch the first video to the right on their sites main page. I think Broncos could be a target for key FOB cloning….
Somebody always has to bring this up…

1980 called, they want their security device back. With the amount of circuits they tap into for Ravelco, I’d imagine there could be an issue getting warranty work done later if there are electrical gremlins.
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's really a bit surprising that Ford does not include this additional part/feature of the alarm system as standard with the factory "alarm" system shipped with the Bronco.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of you that installed the shock sensor and led, I am having my dealer install as part of dealer prep when Bronco arrives in week or two. Right now, I have told them to mount the LED in the passenger speaker grill as others have suggested. Any other recommendations I should pass to the dealer such as the module install? Are you able to reach the adjustment dial easily when mounted under passenger dash? Have you found that you need to mess with the adjustment dial much? Any other recommendations for the dealer install would be appreciated.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wow this thread got long and complex :) Now that my Bronco is SUPPOSEDLY being built this week I popped back in. So glad you trailblazers figured this all out!

I will ask my dealership how much they want to do the install and may just let them do it if it is only $50. If not, I'll do it.

Also crazy stupid that you have to spend another $15 for the LED light. Just bonkers...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's really a bit surprising that Ford does not include this additional part/feature of the alarm system as standard with the factory "alarm" system shipped with the Bronco.
I feel like they originally were going to. They made a big advertisement of a perimeter alarm being standard. But once the Bronco was actually released it became an add-on. I think Ford started pinching more pennies and we got the short end.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally getting around to install this today. Getting the wire connector off the gateway is a serious PITA. I see you have to press the little tab on the connector while trying to encourage it to come out but that thing will not budge. Sure would have been nice if they designed it so that tab on the wire connector was facing outward instead of buried on the backside. @TXPilot83 and @JetG or anyone else who had success, any tricks to undo that connection?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is tough but I pretty much just pressed as hard as I could and wiggled it out.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That thing is a buggar to get off. A few things for others that venture into this.

Patience and persistence. There is not much room to work in there and the angles are awkward.

There is a wire with a blue connector that is kind of in the way. It uses a pressure push on clip to hold itself to the black plastic trim and can be easily pushed off and then move the entire thing out of the way. It will give you more room to get your fingers in there.

I used a super small pair of channel locks (miniature) so that I could get the release tab on the wire connector pressed enough and then pushed down hard on the wire pack coming out the side of wire connector with the blunt end of a tool, and then it popped off.

I found you can feed a long zip tied behind the gateway module and use that to secure the little black box to the front of the gateway module so it picks up the vibrations/shocks. (The shipping box from Ford with the part had about 6 very long zip ties in it. Only used one of them to secure it).

The shock sensor sensitivity is pretty easy to adjust. I used these instructions. Bottom line is clockwise to increase sensitivity.

Ford Bronco Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco? 1646582069645

As previously mentioned, it would have been nice if included by Ford from the factory but it's an easy install to have some added security/protection for $175 with shipping (found it from Schultz Ford parts for $165 who had the least costly shipping of $10). If you do a google search for the part number, you'll get a number of results for different dealers selling the part at a discount and then can find best price with shipping for your location.

Last edited:

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer installed mine for $50 and it was well worth it for me.

With regard to the red light, it's optional and I really don't see a need for it so I didn't buy/install it. Is it just intended to be a deterrent? The app alerts me anytime the alarm goes off, so I don't see the need for the light to tell me as well, as I would have been informed well in advance of returning to my vehicle.

Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had the dealer install this last week. Parked at my office about 40 yards from the street, Harley's and semis are setting it off (just one beep). Thinking I'm going to have to adjust the sensitivity, lol.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer installed mine for $50 and it was well worth it for me.

With regard to the red light, it's optional and I really don't see a need for it so I didn't buy/install it. Is it just intended to be a deterrent? The app alerts me anytime the alarm goes off, so I don't see the need for the light to tell me as well, as I would have been informed well in advance of returning to my vehicle.
The light is deterrence at night because it can be see before making my Bronco heard. I don’t always hear notifications when I am sleeping so I appreciate the extra “beacon” that screams “I have an alarm from 1996, so step off!” 🚨

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Had the dealer install this last week. Parked at my office about 40 yards from the street, Harley's and semis are setting it off (just one beep). Thinking I'm going to have to adjust the sensitivity, lol.
Having the same problem. My alarm gets triggered by a mosquito's fart from ten miles away.

Anyone here know how/where to adjust the sensitivity? It it on the module or digitally through a menu option?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the box itself there is a knob to adjust the sensitivity. I adjusted the knob and tested it until I was satisfied.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I adjusted the knob myself as well, should be better but have to wait til a Harley goes by our office for the real test, lol
Sponsored