Sponsored

Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco?

hsloague

Big Bend
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still awaiting my Bronco's arrival but was wondering how this would work with the soft top?
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Without this addon, if your soft top is down and your factory system is armed, if someone reaches in and tries to open a door the alarm will sound. If you install this shock sensor then you're adding shock sensoring, in other words if someone bangs into your truck or makes a lot of commotion trying to get in (braking glass or ripping open the soft top) the alarm will sound.

hsloague

Big Bend
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without this addon, if your soft top is down and your factory system is armed, if someone reaches in and tries to open a door the alarm will sound. If you install this shock sensor then you're adding shock sensoring, in other words if someone bangs into your truck or makes a lot of commotion trying to get in (braking glass or ripping open the soft top) the alarm will sound.
Thank you

CR55CHAIN

Badlands
First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That thing is a buggar to get off. A few things for others that venture into this.

Patience and persistence. There is not much room to work in there and the angles are awkward.

There is a wire with a blue connector that is kind of in the way. It uses a pressure push on clip to hold itself to the black plastic trim and can be easily pushed off and then move the entire thing out of the way. It will give you more room to get your fingers in there.

I used a super small pair of channel locks (miniature) so that I could get the release tab on the wire connector pressed enough and then pushed down hard on the wire pack coming out the side of wire connector with the blunt end of a tool, and then it popped off.

I found you can feed a long zip tied behind the gateway module and use that to secure the little black box to the front of the gateway module so it picks up the vibrations/shocks. (The shipping box from Ford with the part had about 6 very long zip ties in it. Only used one of them to secure it).

The shock sensor sensitivity is pretty easy to adjust. I used these instructions. Bottom line is clockwise to increase sensitivity.

1646582069645.png

As previously mentioned, it would have been nice if included by Ford from the factory but it's an easy install to have some added security/protection for $175 with shipping (found it from Schultz Ford parts for $165 who had the least costly shipping of $10). If you do a google search for the part number, you'll get a number of results for different dealers selling the part at a discount and then can find best price with shipping for your location.
I installed mine today, Very easy to do. I put a zip tie around the Module to hold as you suggested. I only used one around the center and tightened it pretty good. I have the adjustment all the way up and it takes a lot to set it off, Should I not have it tight and leave it a little loose? maybe it will pick up vibrations better.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed mine today, Very easy to do. I put a zip tie around the Module to hold as you suggested. I only used one around the center and tightened it pretty good. I have the adjustment all the way up and it takes a lot to set it off, Should I not have it tight and leave it a little loose? maybe it will pick up vibrations better.
I know from experience when I installed proximity sensors years ago that some parts of the vehicle are more susceptible to vibration than others. I recall that it was recommended to strap it to the steering column. Not sure if that is possible with this module given the wire lengths.

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting thought. Have not tried that yet. After first installing it, I too thought it didn't pick up vibrations enough and was going to go back to mess with it a bit. Following a windy storm I had the battery powered leaf blower out blowing leaving off the Bronco and I very slightly bumped the windshield with the plastic nozzle of the blower setting off the car alarm in full horns and lights. I'm going to do some more tapping and testing to see what it does.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See my previous posts, lol, I thought I had it dialed in and then a harley drove by from 40 yards away or so and set it off. I turned down the sensitivity a bunch, still works when you bump it tho.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone that’s installed the system or still has it uninstalled see a part number on the wiring harness? I’m guessing since the bronco uses the sync 4 gateway that the harness from my bronco sport won’t work. Trying to find just the harness I need as I already have the module.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok... Everyone that has the shock module working, could you experiment and unplug your doors (probably just the driver) to make your Bronco think the doors are off. Then arm it and see if it works. We tried to set up a true proximity/motion alarm for when the doors are off. Connected it to the hood sensor. Worked great with doors on and windows open. Took doors off and nothing. Come to find out, so the sensors including the hood are disconnected when the doors are off. If the shock sensor still works that might be my work around and still use the OEM key fob and FordPass app....

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok... Everyone that has the shock module working, could you experiment and unplug your doors (probably just the driver) to make your Bronco think the doors are off. Then arm it and see if it works. We tried to set up a true proximity/motion alarm for when the doors are off. Connected it to the hood sensor. Worked great with doors on and windows open. Took doors off and nothing. Come to find out, so the sensors including the hood are disconnected when the doors are off. If the shock sensor still works that might be my work around and still use the OEM key fob and FordPass app....
I tested the shock sensor with all doors off of my 4 door Badlands and was able to trigger the alarm with no issues. I had the dealership install mine and I don't remember anything to do with the hood.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tested the shock sensor with all doors off of my 4 door Badlands and was able to trigger the alarm with no issues. I had the dealership install mine and I don't remember anything to do with the hood.
Thanks. That might be the work around then. Seems all the other factory sensors run through the driver door for some odd reason. Part of the issue with all the alerts that go off when starting with doors off.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone that’s installed the system or still has it uninstalled see a part number on the wiring harness? I’m guessing since the bronco uses the sync 4 gateway that the harness from my bronco sport won’t work. Trying to find just the harness I need as I already have the module.
here are pics of the tags on the wiring harness.
Ford Bronco Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco? 6997815C-EBEB-496E-AEB8-512DBA76956A
Ford Bronco Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco? 7D27A3CD-892B-43B7-94C5-EB8FB0EA9B35

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
here are pics of the tags on the wiring harness.
6997815C-EBEB-496E-AEB8-512DBA76956A.jpeg
7D27A3CD-892B-43B7-94C5-EB8FB0EA9B35.jpeg
Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't find the wiring harness by itself anywhere via any of the numbers on the tags. The harness I have that worked with the bronco sport does show up in google but the sport uses a different gateway module with different connectors.
I'll ask the parts guy at my dealer, but dangit I don't want to have to buy another kit since I know the module is identical.

Last edited:

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a complete kit and installed it today. Super simple installation. I was able to unplug the cable from the gateway module with no problems. Getting the new one in took a little more but overall very easy.

I'm not completely happy with where I mounted the brain. Seems it's not picking up shocks from the winch area very well. It's currently zip tied as tight as I could get it to the metal cross frame behind/above the glove box.

Ford Bronco Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco? 1651951789139

This is from passenger floorboard looking up to behind the glove box.

Even if I turn up the sensitivity all the way and kick the bumper at the winch, nothing. But if I smack the steering wheel that'll set it off. Need to find something with a better 'connection' to the frame. But it's 100 deg outside with even higher heat index, so had to quit for the day.

Oh, also it integrates with FordPass Securialert and you get notifications if the shock sensor is triggered.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a complete kit and installed it today. Super simple installation. I was able to unplug the cable from the gateway module with no problems. Getting the new one in took a little more but overall very easy.

I'm not completely happy with where I mounted the brain. Seems it's not picking up shocks from the winch area very well. It's currently zip tied as tight as I could get it to the metal cross frame behind/above the glove box.

Ford Bronco Is there a factory security/alarm system option for the Bronco? 1651951789139

This is from passenger floorboard looking up to behind the glove box.

Even if I turn up the sensitivity all the way and kick the bumper at the winch, nothing. But if I smack the steering wheel that'll set it off. Need to find something with a better 'connection' to the frame. But it's 100 deg outside with even higher heat index, so had to quit for the day.

Oh, also it integrates with FordPass Securialert and you get notifications if the shock sensor is triggered.
I realized the same. I found that taking off the blue plug (not unplugging) but uncliping it from the tiedown made it easier to access the plug.
Sponsored