Sponsored

Is there a way to prevent wired AA from launching?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I only need to plug a USB cable in my phone for recharging while I am on a long road trip. But that seems to trigger a switch from wireless to wired AA, which also seems to frequently trigger freezes in AA as the connection is being switched. So want AA to only run wireless and use the cable for charging only. I changed the default Android settings in the Developer Options area to charge only when a USB cable is plugged in but the Bronco is ignoring that and still launching AA when a USB cable is plugged in. Anyone know of a workaround, short of getting the power from an adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter in the center console? Both USB ports in the center console seem to have wired AA enabled.
Sponsored

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue and ended up buying a usb-c charging plug to go in the cigarette lighter in the center arm rest. It was only $10 and it charges much faster that the two ports under the hvac controls.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had the same issue and ended up buying a usb-c charging plug to go in the cigarette lighter in the center arm rest. It was only $10 and it charges much faster that the two ports under the hvac controls.
Yup. I did the same thing so my wife could charge her phone too

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I already have this in the cigarette lighter

https://a.co/d/3dnYH04

Has both a PD and QC ports and 3 cigarette lighter plugs that I use for things like a drone battery car charger, GMRS radio batter replacement (for the Baofeng UV-9G), etc. Was just trying to avoid running a very long USB cord to the phone holder, since I use a left side phone holder on the grab handle. Should be easy though, will measure tonight and order something from Amazon.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This, or the USB port in the back seat.

Yeah, makes for a long cable. Could also install a new USB port - there's the ones that go up on the dash from IAG/Mabett, or wire in a new one near wherever you have your phone mounted.

There's also Qi wireless charging options, aftermarket if you don't have the OEM one.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Worse mistake I made was trying out AA. Hated it and never fully recovered.

Used to be When I connected my cable, my phone would just charge and I'd get a Notification icon about setting up AA that was unintrusive.

After I allowed my phone and the Bronco to talk with AA, it would not go away. I no longer had the option, it just automatically did it and took over whether I wanted it or not.

I ended up having to tell each of my devices to forget each other (and then re-pair using BT just for phone/messages), but I had to eventually go into my phone and disable AA all together because every time I would plug my phone into the usb to charge, it would try taking over again, throw up errors, etc.

Now it barely complains...just wish I could get it to go back to the original non-interaction.

Fyi...I highly recommend these...they are low profile, metal, and you can put one in the 12v port of the center console and just leave it there ....

Car Charger, AINOPE 4.8A All... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795DJXNH

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I only need to plug a USB cable in my phone for recharging while I am on a long road trip. But that seems to trigger a switch from wireless to wired AA, which also seems to frequently trigger freezes in AA as the connection is being switched. So want AA to only run wireless and use the cable for charging only. I changed the default Android settings in the Developer Options area to charge only when a USB cable is plugged in but the Bronco is ignoring that and still launching AA when a USB cable is plugged in. Anyone know of a workaround, short of getting the power from an adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter in the center console? Both USB ports in the center console seem to have wired AA enabled.
Do you have a wireless charging capable phone? If so I use this for charging in mine ...

BEEGROW Center Console Organizer Box with 15W Wireless Charger for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 2023 2024 2/4 Door, Armrest Storage Box Insert Tray with Wireless Charging Pad https://a.co/d/9mDKOGp

If you have a 4 door Mabett offers one in the factory location too.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is AA?

Edit: Nevermind, Android Auto. :whistle:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been using a regular 110v charging block plugged in just behind the center console. Only requires a short cord.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually, yes there is a solution called a data blocker from PortaPow:

https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-USB-C-Data-Blocker-Twin/dp/B099F521JZ

They also make USB-A versions if that helps. I see you're in San Diego, if you want to stop by in San Marcos I literally have an extra one of these you can simply have.
That is very good solution, thank you so much. It is a 40 min drive for me to San Marcos, at 6.99 for a single unit it is less hassle to just order it from Amazon.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, yes there is a solution called a data blocker from PortaPow:

https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-USB-C-Data-Blocker-Twin/dp/B099F521JZ

They also make USB-A versions if that helps. I see you're in San Diego, if you want to stop by in San Marcos I literally have an extra one of these you can simply have.

I forgot about cables like that. You used to be able to buy "charge only" cables which is basically what this is. I should have thought about that when I ordered my last round of usb cables.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot about cables like that. You used to be able to buy "charge only" cables which is basically what this is. I should have thought about that when I ordered my last round of usb cables.
Yeah I only have these because I was needing to power a bunch of digital cameras and if the data pins were hot they were.... disagreeable.
Sponsored