Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E, F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I received an email stating that my build will be balanced out and converted to a 2024. No information from the dealership I placed the order with. Email is requesting I send in a copy of DL and signature. The email addresses provided are [email protected], not Ford addresses. Seems oddā€¦Has anyone else received this? I was told no conversions to 2024 would be madeā€¦
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call the dealer and ask them what your status is. That looks like a phishing attempt to me, and no legitimate request would ask for personally identifiable information be sent like that.

And call the dealer with a number you can trust. Get rid of that email, don't rely on anything within it, or any texts, etc.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a phishing trip to me...don't bite

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I received an email stating that my build will be balanced out and converted to a 2024. No information from the dealership I placed the order with. Email is requesting I send in a copy of DL and signature. The email addresses provided are [email protected], not Ford addresses. Seems oddā€¦Has anyone else received this? I was told no conversions to 2024 would be madeā€¦
Here phishy phishy phishyā€¦get with the dealer

Sponsored

BigJ2

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m about 99% certain, everything Iā€™ve ever received regarding the status of my Bronco came directly from Ford. The rest was substantiated by the dealer.

OP
OP
FearofMissingout

FearofMissingout

Heritage
First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E, F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The email contained my order with my order number but a different name for dealer rep and a different price code, changed from a 340 to 370? Looks like Iā€™ll be stopping by the dealership. Unfortunately I usually seem to know more than they do thatā€™s why I was reaching out on this forumā€¦

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Is this legit or scam? IMG_4965

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. I would suspect rando phishing. If your dealer needs it they will call you

Sponsored

TahoeDog

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2023 2 Door - Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you email that address what comes back? When you call the dealer?
NO! Donā€™t reply to this phishing scam! Look at the email address ā€œā€¦@icloud.comā€. No official corporate correspondence would come from a personal email. This is Appleā€™s personal use email domain. If you want some closure, as stated by others, call the dealer to confirm your order status.
if you feel like taking an extra step, contact Appleā€™s iCloud support and share the suspect phishing fraud attempt. They may be able to shut down the nefarious iCloud account.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. I would suspect rando phishing. If your dealer needs it they will call you
While I agree it is a phishing scam. It is bad advice to wait on the dealer for anything.

OP, if this is for a MY23 order that you have been waiting on and don't yet have a VIN (and maybe even if you did) then that order has long since been cancelled. Be proactive already and call your dealer.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
scam period
ford doesn't ask anything like such

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would not reply, this looks like a hook, line and sinker to me, don't bite, contact your dealer, don't even open the email, sometimes the minute you do, you'll end up with a bug on your PC..no, no, no!
Sponsored