Sponsored

Is upgrading kick panel speakers worth it?

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used woofers in the kick panels, a pair of Hertz 165 Cs. I think Ford's intent was to set up the front speakers as more as of a component system. I used bass blockers at 600 hz in the 4" dash speakers. The woofers do a better job at mid bass frequencies and if you have the same frequencies coming out of the dash speakers, which are closer to your ears, chances are you won't get much audible sound out of the kick panels, unless you jack up the power to the 6.5s.
Hey, I'm kinda doing the same thing now, how did you end up mounting the 165 Cs on the kick panel? I got a pair but didn't come with a mounting bracket
Sponsored

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have them amplified then it is a huge improvement
This. I thought upgrading the 6.5s after adding an amp did more for me then anything else. Just my opinion.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with kicker KS all around with an Infinity underseat powered sub. It shares the bass signals with the kick panel speakers and the sound is very good. Turn it up to 18-20 and I get a nice butt massage.
can you share more about how you got a sub under the seat - do you have power seats?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Upgrading kick panel speakers was worth it on my install - had another member here post about his Memphis MJP6 speakers - 100db efficiency rating, so I took that as a good sign that I'd get something out of them using the factory B&O amp. I can honestly say it made a huge difference in the front stage mid fill. I'm very happy with the results. You do have to drill into the mounting adapters to get the wiring to the terminals - thought it was a little weird how Ford did it for the kick panel speakers being the only ones with the terminals on the outside.
Ford Bronco Is upgrading kick panel speakers worth it? PXL_20240316_005305105
Ford Bronco Is upgrading kick panel speakers worth it? PXL_20240316_002009675
Ford Bronco Is upgrading kick panel speakers worth it? PXL_20240316_001957488
Sponsored