Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only for those who use it, obviously….

Lately (past week or two) I’ve been having trouble with my SiriusXM “Skipping”. Not losing signal - the song actually skips. Sounds just like the good ol’ days when you played a CD with a scratch on it.

Multiple channels. Doesn’t do it all the time - but when it happens it typically lasts for several songs.

So, my question is: is this happening to others? Is SiriusXM having technical problems? Is it a Bronco bug? Or just a *MY* Bronco bug?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No issues with mine skipping.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Odd that you just mentioned it as I experienced it the first time tonight. No matter the channel, they all skipped. My promotional rate is expiring in July. I'll likely cancel if they don't continue the promotional rate. But if this skipping is going to continue, it makes the decision to cancel easier no matter the rate the charge.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No issues with mine. Probably the channel you’re on. Sirius / XM is nothing more than tape tracks they put in, and run. They probably don’t even know it.

OUSigAlph

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Odd that you just mentioned it as I experienced it the first time tonight. No matter the channel, they all skipped. My promotional rate is expiring in July. I'll likely cancel if they don't continue the promotional rate. But if this skipping is going to continue, it makes the decision to cancel easier no matter the rate the charge.
My trial just ended. They offer $5/mo for 12 months to keep it going.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My trial just ended. They offer $5/mo for 12 months to keep it going.
My trial ended last July. They offered a promotional rate of $6.99/mo for 12. After the 12 month promotional rate, it will go to $24.99/mo. No way am I paying the full rate. I don't mind Sirius as there are a few channels that I listen to. I have 4 channels that I don't mind paying the nominal rate. If they don't extend the promotional rate, then I'll cancel.

But no matter the rate, if the skipping doesn't resolve itself, I won't be paying the promotional rate and I'll cancel. It made listening to any of the 4 channels "unlistenable".

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had no issues

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No skipping. Lose signal sometimes when satellite is blocked by a building but....

...every so often the service seems to reset and readjust to the welcome channel as if I had just not even signed up when it should stay on the channel last listened to. I then have to search for what I was listening to.

Seems also for what they charge certain programs ought to be included in the basics.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is your SiriusXM “Skipping”

Yes I did notice this over the weekend but haven't heard it since.

They offered a promotional rate of $6.99/mo for 12. After the 12 month promotional rate, it will go to $24.99/mo

And if you CALL them and threaten to cancel they will extend 6.99/mo for another 12/mo, did this 4 years straight with my Jeep and wife's BMW.

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My trial ended last July. They offered a promotional rate of $6.99/mo for 12. After the 12 month promotional rate, it will go to $24.99/mo. No way am I paying the full rate. I don't mind Sirius as there are a few channels that I listen to. I have 4 channels that I don't mind paying the nominal rate. If they don't extend the promotional rate, then I'll cancel.

But no matter the rate, if the skipping doesn't resolve itself, I won't be paying the promotional rate and I'll cancel. It made listening to any of the 4 channels "unlistenable".
I called to cancel as I told they I spend 90% on Spodify 5-10% FM and sometimes on SXM. This was after my first year at $5.99 and went up to $24.00 and they twisted my are for another year at $5.99. The only reason I did it is you can give your password out for the app for your family and the car and app can play at sametime. You never know a football game or a concert or just need Bloomberg or CNBC. I hate doing as tooooo many 5, 10, 15 $$ a month subs

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called to cancel as I told they I spend 90% on Spodify 5-10% FM and sometimes on SXM. This was after my first year at $5.99 and went up to $24.00 and they twisted my are for another year at $5.99. The only reason I did it is you can give your password out for the app for your family and the car and app can play at sametime. You never know a football game or a concert or just need Bloomberg or CNBC. I hate doing as tooooo many 5, 10, 15 $$ a month subs
The minimal subs definitely add up. Many don't see the value in Sirius. I only have 4 channels that I listen to. But it is nice to have at a minimal rate when cellular service is spotty and car play isn't reliable.

But the skipping is a non-starter. I'm heading out for the beach in a few and if the skipping continues, I'll call into customer service to see if there is a reboot process. Otherwise, it will be one less subscription for me.

FordOwner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a few
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't say that I've noticed the skipping in my bronco but I do experience skipping on my phone which I have the SiriusXM app on and use via bluetooth in one of my other cars. It'll skip back maybe 10 seconds and repeat that same 10 seconds again.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The minimal subs definitely add up. Many don't see the value in Sirius. I only have 4 channels that I listen to. But it is nice to have at a minimal rate when cellular service is spotty and car play isn't reliable.

But the skipping is a non-starter. I'm heading out for the beach in a few and if the skipping continues, I'll call into customer service to see if there is a reboot process. Otherwise, it will be one less subscription for me.
Returned from the beach and the skipping was gone. Last night, the skipping was terrible regardless of what channel. Hope that was just a one-off occurrence.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. I also get skipping when streaming MP3s from my phone. I think it's Sync issue, not Sirius.

After cancelling last time they tried to get me for $5.99 and I heard firm several months for the $5.00 promo. After a week I remembered how bad Sirius sucks, might cancel again.

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It infuriates me that you are penalized for loyalty towards a particular company anymore. I've had SiriusXM since 2005 and I'm currently paying $12.99 a month...without all the fees so I'm going to assume the $5 everyone else mentioned is without fees. There use to be a time when companies actually rewarded loyalty.
Sponsored