First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco arrives in a few weeks, and this will be my 3rd or 4th vehicle with Sirius and/or XM radio in it. To be honest in the past all I've done is listed to SiriusXM during the trial period, and then promptly forget it even exists once the trial ends.

This past year I bought a Ford Escape to replace a Focus that got squashed by a suicidal oak tree. Due to some sort of clerical error, the SiriusXM trial lasted a full 12 months, rather than the usual 3-6 month trial. That extended trial just ended last month, and... well... I fell into the trap, and am now I'm thinking about subscribing.

So for those of you who have or had tried SiriusXM in the past, is it worth it?? What's the pricing?? Does it cost extra to have multiple vehicles added to your account?? Unfortunately the SiriusXM website is more than willing to advertise their introductory offer on their website, but the "real" price seems to be hidden in some fine print somewhere I cannot find. And speaking of introductory offers, what's the best introductory offer you've seen for your Bronco??
Personally, I would not.

First off, my dad works for GM for 23 years. We got satellite when it first came out formally known as XM. We had it in all vehicles and a lil juke box they still have today. I'm pretty sure they still have the original units still. Growing up XM did not have a "playlist" of music which your regular FM radios use today. I loved that discovering new music.

I borrowed one of those units in 2013 to drive from Michigan to Colorado. This is after Sirus merged with XM. During this 22 hour trip I've discovered there is a "playlist" and I think still to this day I cannot stand to listen "Hail to the king" by Avenged Sevenfold. Let alone type it. Once I found this out I realized I did not want Sirus/XM again.

In 2014 I got a new Chevy sonic RS and figured "well its free? why not" (had the 6 month trial) I enjoyed the stern show about 3 months in, they called and asked if I wanted to renew a deal for like 25$ for 6 months or something cant remember, but it was a good deal. So I renewed. then one day my stern show didn't play. The other channels worked just fine. I called in and asked, welp what do you know, the trial package is not the same as the renewal package. They have/had different tiers of channels. Needless to say I was not happy, I let them know it. After my renewal came up I did not renew again. They continued to send me things in the mail and robo calls. I told them to remove me from all contact. I absolutely hate sirusxm, I cannot stand them at all. I use Spotify as my music streaming service. I don't know if you tried them, they're free or you can pay. Also i hear Apple music is also pretty good, I have not tried them though.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the trial in my '13 Focus. Never found anything noteworthy to listen too, but that was a long ass time ago. I never renewed it. I wish they had just a traffic data plan, that was nice to have the live traffic. Most of the usefulness has been replaced by apps you probably already have. Spotify, AmazonMusic, Pandora, Youtube, Waze, podcast programs like apple radio etc. But thats just my opinion of course. I guess the main advantage is still having access outside of cell service areas.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the main advantage is still having access outside of cell service areas.
Bingo. When I’m off the grid and well outside of cell phone range, satellite service is nice to have.

tomcartmeljr

Everglades
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra 1500/Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Hmmm. Music nerd here. I like XM okay, but I know I'm paying way too much for it and have been for a long time. I'm planning on negotiating a way better rate for 3 vehicles than I currently get for 2 vehicles. If I can't get a great deal, I'll either drop it to the cheapest plan for just my wife's car and stream it through my phone to my truck and bronco, or ditch it and teach my wife how to use our Spotify premium account in the car.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep it for long trips. I pay $7 a month and find that a good price. If you like to have music/sports/news without reception issues or local restrictions- it’s worth it.

Sponsored

cdanner

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like there are even better deals than this, but I was happy to find it for Platinum plan for $8.25 For 12 months. Starts after trial period expires. Fordpass Rewards, redemption opportunities, offers too good to refuse. Expiring soon. Gives you a link to sign up, credit card required, charges begin after trial period ends.

Last edited:

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess the main advantage is still having access outside of cell service areas.
Bingo. When I’m off the grid and well outside of cell phone range, satellite service is nice to have.
I agree, but just an FYI - if you have Spotify you can DL your favorites list, podcasts, whatever to your phone if you're not in cell service. Good for on the airplane, etc.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to always subscribe after the free trial was over. However, I usually only listen to a couple stations they have. Now that I have an Apple Music subscription, I don't bother with SiriusXM. There's some days I miss it, but I would much rather pay for something I use a lot more often.

If SiriusXM dropped their prices significantly, I'd sign up again.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When Stern was moving to satellite, they had a limited time offer: $500 one-time fee for a lifetime subscription. I did the math and realized I'd end up paying more over the course of his initial 5-year contract, so I bit the bullet.

One of the best purchases I've ever made.

Baba Booey

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have it on both of our main vehicles. Huge sports fans, and listening to all the games, talk shows etc is worth it for us. All the music channels are nice too. Still, about $230 a year is steep.

Sponsored

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like it for listening to college football when I am driving around on Saturdays and talk radio during the day, but I also live in a small mountain town with two radio stations so not quite the same as a major market where there are actual options. Also use Spotify premium and have all my red dirt country on demand. Sirius sucks for actual music though

FZ4

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sirius will give you a yearly subscription for $70 or less.
Have an iPhone?
I Connect to CarPlay and play my free Pandora.
Free is like Kate Upton serving you morning coffee. 🤪😎
Sponsored