Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@spiG Do you have any instructions on jumping the factory harness and leaving the hood latch unplugged?

I have a vacation coming up, and my biggest fear is being parked outside of a hotel and the alarm going off waking up people!
Sponsored

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@spiG Do you have any instructions on jumping the factory harness and leaving the hood latch unplugged?
I have a vacation coming up, and my biggest fear is being parked outside of a hotel and the alarm going off waking up people!
You have to take the full front end apart (grille, headlights, flares, lower trim piece and rad shroud) look up YouTube it’s very easy to do and takes at most 10 mins.

After that plug is accessible and I just used a small wire, soldered both ends and put them in the plug. Electrical taped both open plug ends and zip tied them together.

would like to try and find the actual plug ends and jump it with that but for now this will do. Hoping Ford just comes out with a OTA update to fix it.

Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm E08688AC-D45D-40D8-8764-133F15346B61
Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm 78755259-8D98-49EB-9C0A-8808E6440B73
Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm 19ADBB8C-09AB-4CEB-BD51-2DC7FDCC3988

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
To not activate the alarm don’t use the fob to lock but rather the manual latches on the back doors if four door then the key in the fob to manually lock the front doors and rear gate.

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glade I came across this thread. I have the same issue with my FordPass app. It has happened twice since I have had the Bronco. I took ownership on 1/28/23 and it seem to connect fine, but about a week later, I couldn't connect. I reset Sync, nada. I deleted my Bronco from the App and re-added it. Still Nothing. The next day it work. This timeframe was about a week where it was unavailable.

I was reliable until it last connected 2/27.

I will try to disconnect the negative terminal on my Bronco today and see if that has any affect. Next step is to take it to the dealership.

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a couple of minutes so I thought I would disconnect my battery. After 5 minutes or so, I reconnected my battery. The Bronco came to life and my Ford Pass is working again. Not to see how long it takes between failures.

Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.
Removing fuse #20 worked for me a few weeks ago, but it didn't work when I tried it today? Any thoughts as to why? Do I need to leave it out for a certain period of time, do it while the car is off or only with the electronics on... Any help is appreciated. TIA.

SAS OBX SOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI....my dealer looked at the hood alarm issue and ordered a new latch. Waiting for it to arrive and get installed. I have not had any issues with ford pass not working since a software update that came out a four or five weeks ago.
Sponsored