First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone getting constant emails from FMC to reset your fordpass password? A couple of weeks ago I got multiple emails throughout the day saying "We've detected suspicious activity. Please reset your password to reactivate your account" and the Fordpass app saying that my email/password are incorrect. Reset password, all was good until today. I've received 10+ emails, changed my password, changed my username/email and password again. New e-mail got the message 10 minutes later.

Is anyone going through this also?
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, haven’t seen anything like that.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing like that here. Whatever you do, don’t log in through the email link. Go directly to the site or through the app. Clicking the link in the email could be bad if it is fake. Think Phishing.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. Nothing here.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing like that here. Whatever you do, don’t log in through the email link. Go directly to the site or through the app. Clicking the link in the email could be bad if it is fake. Think Phishing.
There's no link in the email, but I definitely know better than that if there were. The email sender is a legitimate Ford address.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issue's here.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No issues here either.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone getting constant emails from FMC to reset your fordpass password? A couple of weeks ago I got multiple emails throughout the day saying "We've detected suspicious activity. Please reset your password to reactivate your account" and the Fordpass app saying that my email/password are incorrect. Reset password, all was good until today. I've received 10+ emails, changed my password, changed my username/email and password again. New e-mail got the message 10 minutes later.

Yep. Currently unconnected and can't reconnect.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I mimic what @BigHoof stated but I wouldn't ignore it if you've validated the sender and you're not following any links to go ahead and change your password.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have been phished. It is a bad actor probing to get your account information. The goal is not to get in your vehicle, but the bad actor probably believes whatever you have for the vehicle app, you will have other apps. Such as bank apps. Delete the email.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds more like Frod than Ford

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope....not me.

gutencar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Mach-E driver, (Bronco enthusiast, please don't kick me out). but wanted to comment YES! Ive gotten at least 40 emails the past 2-3 days from Ford telling me about suspicious activity and they have reset my password.

I use an app that relies on SmartCar to sign in with my Ford account and that seems to be the problem. Ive reset the password a handful of times but it keeps getting reset when SmartCar tries to connect again.

Ive talked with a rep at SmartCar and its roughly "Ford is being precautious and only has one hammer but we are working on it"

so no solve just yet, but wanted to at least say you are not alone!

OP
OP

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mach-E driver, (Bronco enthusiast, please don't kick me out). but wanted to comment YES! Ive gotten at least 40 emails the past 2-3 days from Ford telling me about suspicious activity and they have reset my password.

I use an app that relies on SmartCar to sign in with my Ford account and that seems to be the problem. Ive reset the password a handful of times but it keeps getting reset when SmartCar tries to connect again.

Ive talked with a rep at SmartCar and its roughly "Ford is being precautious and only has one hammer but we are working on it"

so no solve just yet, but wanted to at least say you are not alone!
Sounds like this is about exactly what I've been dealing with.
Sponsored