Sponsored

Jalopnik reviews the Raptor (spoiler- and doesn’t like it)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Jalopnik has really changed over the past few years. I still hit them up daily and the cringe factor is high but the comments were about the only entertaining part of the article.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my 23 Badsquatch. I don't need nothin else. ❤

(Is there a Bronco emoticon? 🤔 )

Nok1n

Outer Banks
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX 2Dr Sas Lux Mic Tow 2.3l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"The Bronco Raptor is an incredible machine that makes you feel like a hero while looking like a real world-class meathead."

Wow they really didnt pull any punches.. :ROFLMAO:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jalopnik has really changed over the past few years. I still hit them up daily and the cringe factor is high but the comments were about the only entertaining part of the article.
Completely agree, went down the toilet over the last few years. They used to have contributors that actually wrenched their own vehicles. Now it’s just a bunch of fluff articles about EV adoption with some Tesla clickbait written by kids fresh out of liberal arts journalism programs.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comments were entertaining.
Sounds like a bunch of butt hurt folks that couldn't scrounge up enough coin for a used Prius

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a different take on that article. They said Ford did an amazing job on the Bronco Raptor, actually they said it exceeded their expectations in that it would make a good daily driver.

Just like the F-150 Raptor, no one "need's a Bronco Raptor and most people that buy them will never take them on more than just a dirt road. Which in my neck of the woods is absolutely true.

I saw my first Bronco Raptor in person today and I really liked it, every picture I saw made the fender flares look ridiculous, and I wasn't offended by them. If I had the money, I would buy one.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Clowns can hate all they want, the ones who actually have one, know what they have as in its an amazing vehicle with lots of capability whether you use it all or not its there. Go Anywhere works. All categories have this type of stance.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Completely agree, went down the toilet over the last few years. They used to have contributors that actually wrenched their own vehicles. Now it’s just a bunch of fluff articles about EV adoption with some Tesla clickbait written by kids fresh out of liberal arts journalism programs.
^^^this

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a different take on that article. They said Ford did an amazing job on the Bronco Raptor, actually they said it exceeded their expectations in that it would make a good daily driver.

Just like the F-150 Raptor, no one "need's a Bronco Raptor and most people that buy them will never take them oeverybodyfor n more than just a dirt road. Which in my neck of the woods is absolutely true.

I saw my first Bronco Raptor in person today and I really liked it, every picture I saw made the fender flares look ridiculous, and I wasn't offended by them. If I had the money, I would buy one.
My take as well. Not a glowing review, but actually thoughtful and balanced. The Warthog (remember that guys?) is an incredible machine. Not for everybody. Way more than what I need, but I admire it as the most capable off the shelf off road vehicle in the world...

Sponsored

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well Jalopnik can eat a turd flavored pickle. The Raptor is pretty damn great to drive.

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing new here. To each his or her own. I did actually appreciate that the author called out Ford directly on the price increase and their response. Good on them.

if I had to commute and park in a tight downtown situation, I would not be choosing this truck. Thankfully I don’t, as it’s a blast every time I drive it.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I stopped visiting Jalopnik when they started with the autoplay videos on top of every article that even my solid ad-blocker wouldn't stop. That format is hot garbage. David Tracy (the wrencher you speak of) and Jason Torchinsky left to make The Autopian, which was pretty cool and weird the last time I visited.

For the record, every journalism program is an arts program by definition.

OP
OP
'18 M2

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Just like the F-150 Raptor, no one "need's a Bronco Raptor and most people that buy them will never take them on more than just a dirt road. Which in my neck of the woods is absolutely true.

Most people’s opinion of the fender flares changes when they see one in real life.

Last edited:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jalopnik is the National Enquirer of the automotive world. They can be entertaining, but I wouldn't take their opinion over anything.

That being said, I saw a Braptor on the road yesterday, and I think the wheels stick out too far and the fenders are terrible. If I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd go with a pickup. The problem for my with the Braptor is that you get full size pickup exterior width without anymore interior room ;)
Sponsored