First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Silverado, 18 EcoSport 4x4, 09 Aveo, 1995 P38
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There are some people I know who absolutely balk at the idea of buying used tires, even with just a few miles on them, I'm like "Yall never grew up and lived poor, and it shows." I was so broke for a while that I was buying good tires from the junkyard for $10-15 dollars and busting them by hand at home.

Then, I bought a Grand Prix with a set of some Tuffy or Pep Boys house brand tires on the front. An asshole friend of mine get me nine kinds of hell because they were what he called "Poverty tires". I told him to F-off, that they were round, had tread, and held air.

I put 72k miles on that car and those tires were still on it when I traded it in, and they STILL had legal tread.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a lifetime supply of dueler ht's that everyone keeps throwing away with free rims and TPMS sensors. No worries here!
Exactly. If youā€™re happy with your OEM wheels and tires, youā€™ll always be able to replace them with other peopleā€™s brand new take-offs for a fraction of the retail price! I see full sets of BD steelies and tires for sale on this forum for $1000 or less all the time.ā€¦

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not on facebook and I only join facebook for market place.

I see 35s come up all the time. I search for these terms:

315/70/17
315/70R/17
Ford Raptor wheels and tires
Jeep 392
Jeep 392 wheels and tires
Jeep Extreme Recon

Thatā€™s bad ass! I may re-join FB marketplace for that deal.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still cheaper than driving a performance car - I would go through a set of 4 tires every 10-12k miles on my Mustang (15k if I got lucky), so that's every 9-12 months - a $1200 hit on tires.

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that tires basically come out of a barrel of oil. If/when oil prices decline, so will tire prices.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, keep in mind you should get 5 instead of 4, like on most other vehicles - Which is an added expense. But you can likely find some new take-off's on Marketplace or Craig's List for much cheaper with little to no wear & tear.

Do regular tire rotations (I do a 5-tire rotation) and you'll prolong the tires you have.
5 needed ONLY if doing a 5 tire rotation. Otherwise 4 or even 2 at a time is just fine, always change out new on an axle, IOW, blow one tire you better buy 2. That's what we "had" to do with runflats on our X4. Now I have a 5th tire but only 4 wheels.

I am so used to either no spare or a donut that I see little need of doing a 5 rather than 4 rotation. Just keep proper air in the spare and you should be good to go

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a non-Sasquatch Badlands, the KO2s are $299.99 each (shipped) from Tire Rack ($1500 for five). Those are 33", not 35". All of my big Broncos had 31" tires from the factory, so it's an upgrade for me.

Sponsored

Drab13

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just bought fuel 17x9 -12 with Venom Power terra hunters 35x12.5x17 for 3400 all in at custom offsets.

I strongly recommend venom power, have a set in my truck for 35k so far no issues. Same exact tread (almost) as the KO2.

ā€¦..I donā€™t even have my bronco yet, but then bitches sitting in my garage lol
Hahaha same here getting built now and hoping dealer doesnā€™t mark me up. I have the wheels and tires ready to go!

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hiding out, waiting for people selling broncos when they realize the true operating costs.
Ford Bronco Jeebus, tires are expensive. 1663101195306

sjudas

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow, just wow. Out of curiosity I looked up a set of tires for the bronco. BFG K02 are $2250! In line with the other top contenders. Good grief, I had no freaken idea tires were going to set me back 2 racks! Hopefully I donā€™t need them for 2 more years.
Hello
I did months of research before purchasing my tires. I bought a Big Bend non-squatch. I wanted to choose my wheels and tires. I settled on the Firestone Destination X/T. Same size as the Goodyear tires that come on the sasquatch. They are quieter than the Goodyear tires and still have a decent tread. Great reviews all around. It's not an aggressive off road tire but it's a great combo.

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with many other members here - buy take-offs. I just sold my Bronco Base steelies with lugs, TPMS, and center hubs for an embarrassingly low price. The had roughly 1K miles on them (spare had 0 miles), and everything was perfect. Conversely I purchased a full set of OBX wheels and tires with only a couple hundred miles for $600. When in several years from now I need to replace my tires I'm going to scour this forum!

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can also look for D-rated tires... which is kind of the "in-between" tire but those are relatively rare these days.
Once you get into the 35s the C-loads are rarer still.
35x12.5r17 AT tires:
Ford Bronco Jeebus, tires are expensive. 1663331986298

315/70r17 AT tires:
Ford Bronco Jeebus, tires are expensive. 1663332474307

Probably the worst thing about long-term ownership of Raptors/Squatched Broncos. So many great treads like the Falken Wildpeak AT3W, General ATx and Yoko Geolandar attached to sidewalls that would suit an F350. The alternative is to pay out the ass for yet another set of C-load K02s, or get a set of take-off Goodyear definitely not Wranglers and let them sing the song of their people.
Sponsored