First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
My original reservation with Chapman placed April 2021 is in limbo.
In January I placed an order with my local dealer.
I was sure that i wouldn't receive either until late 23 or 24, so in March I purchased a 2022 Gladiator sport -Hardtop-tow-running boards ,roll up bed cover, weather tech floor mats, mud flaps, power windows, garage door opener, and Rubicon take off 33's.
Today I received a call from my local dealer that my January walk in order has a build date of October 3rd, 2022.
I still have only seen a few locally- never even drove one yet . None in Race Red.
I'm sure that the trade in of my Gladiator is good ( 3500 miles ) I doubt I will lose any $$
My 1st plan is to see if the dealer has a bronco that I can drive.
Has anyone had to make a similar decision ?
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My original reservation with Chapman placed April 2021 is in limbo.
In January I placed an order with my local dealer.
I was sure that i wouldn't receive either until late 23 or 24, so in March I purchased a 2022 Gladiator sport -Hardtop-tow-running boards ,roll up bed cover, weather tech floor mats, mud flaps, power windows, garage door opener, and Rubicon take off 33's.
Today I received a call from my local dealer that my January walk in order has a build date of October 3rd, 2022.
I still have only seen a few locally- never even drove one yet . None in Race Red.
I'm sure that the trade in of my Gladiator is good ( 3500 miles ) I doubt I will lose any $$
My 1st plan is to see if the dealer has a bronco that I can drive.
Has anyone had to make a similar decision ?
I'm brand loyal, my choice was between the Bronco and keeping my F150. I've not liked jeeps, seats are uncomfortable for me, not adjustable enough, no leg room, and my head hits the B pillar. Did I mention the solid axle highway ride quality?

But I get it, one of my best friends has two Jeeps, they are great cars for those who love them!🤣

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I leased a gladiator from Chapman until my Bronco arrived. I'd definitely buy a Bronco if I had to do it again. The Gladiator was nice but I wasn't smiling everytime I drive it like I do in the Bronco. It rides much better in almost every aspect.

Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's a daily driver and planning to keep it mostly stock looking definitely the Bronco.

If you plan to overland hardcore and go all out with mods then definitely the Gladiator.

Gladiators look awesome when they are all ticked out. When they are stock I don't think they look very cool. The Bronco on the other hand looks so clean and great stock or modified.

Bobsled

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 and Jeep jku
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Build week does not mean that you will be receiving it anytime soon.

OP
OP
Rockledge

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just came back from my local dealer- none available to test drive. IF someone declines to purchase their bronco -they have deposits on it in minutes. so that route wont work either.they did have 4 there ( between owner-salespersons and 1 new -already - sold green Bronco). I was able to sit in one. The best they can do is let me drive mine for 24 hours to decide if i want it or not.

OP
OP
Rockledge

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Build week does not mean that you will be receiving it anytime soon.
You are absolutely right. But I can hope !!!
I realistically think - by end of November...

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know a lot of people here shit on them, but I think the Gladiator is super cool. And when I was at the 4-6 month mark, I priced out a lot of different Gladiators just to see.

And now that I have my Bronco, I do occasionally have a tiny twinge of regret for not buying a pickup (Gladiator or otherwise).

But I'm honestly loving my Bronco and know I made the right choice for me. This thing puts a smile on my face every time I hop in. And I know I'll keep this thing for a LONG time (unless somehow I upgrade to a BRaptor next year, lol)

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just came back from my local dealer- none available to test drive. IF someone declines to purchase their bronco -they have deposits on it in minutes. so that route wont work either.they did have 4 there ( between owner-salespersons and 1 new -already - sold green Bronco). I was able to sit in one. The best they can do is let me drive mine for 24 hours to decide if i want it or not.
Try finding one on a used car lot where they are charging $15k above MSRP and take it for a test drive. That's what I did, drove a badlands with 5,000 miles on it listed for $69k

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded in my Gladiator Overland for my Race Red Badlands Sasquatch. I don’t regret it at all. I loved the Gladiator. It was a fun truck and I had no issues other than a sloppy steering box recall. It was peppy- more than my 4Runner by far. Driving the Bronco is even MORE fun and more comfortable. More room, more power and much easier steering wise. I’ve had more comments about loving race red than I thought possible. I do miss the cargo in the back on the gladiator, but I have zero regrets about trading it in for the Bronco. Hope this helps!

WildBronco66

Big Bend
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just took delivery of mine yesterday. It was ordered by someone who backed out. I have bought many vehicles from this dealer and sales manager. I called him last Thursday when I saw it on their website expecting it to be sold. Surprisingly it was not. He sent me the numbers (Paid MSRP) with trade in and I said I will be there tomorrow to test drive it. After I called someone else came in wanting to buy it but they held it for me. Got very lucky.

OP
OP
Rockledge

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I traded in my Gladiator Overland for my Race Red Badlands Sasquatch. I don’t regret it at all. I loved the Gladiator. It was a fun truck and I had no issues other than a sloppy steering box recall. It was peppy- more than my 4Runner by far. Driving the Bronco is even MORE fun and more comfortable. More room, more power and much easier steering wise. I’ve had more comments about loving race red than I thought possible. I do miss the cargo in the back on the gladiator, but I have zero regrets about trading it in for the Bronco. Hope this helps!
Thank you . I cant believe how much I like the Gladiator. However I ordered the bronco exactly how I wanted it. I like the bed - but I also have a trailer if needed.
Sponsored