Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most of the commentary seemed to just be some market truths somewhat inconvenient to some Jeep diehards.

The root of Fordā€™s delay problem here (other than covid global supply chain chaos) is extremely high demand. If Jeep werenā€™t so apparently content to rest on its laurels for years, there might not be such immense demand, so pointing to Fordā€™s delay issue might not be proving what you think it is proving.

In the end arms races can make both sides better equipped! No reason to bicker and snipe.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd be surprised if Jeep didn't do this. As a former owner of 4 Wranglers, what I always thought was most lacking was power. They just struggle a bit too much for my liking on the highway. This is a big reason I'm excited about the Bronco. I'm confident that the 2.3L will at least equal the Wrangler's power, maybe surpass it. The 2.7L which I'm getting should blow the Wrangler away.

It'll be interesting to see how long before Jeep puts in a more powerful engine. Oh, and I don't consider the 392 a solution to Jeep's engine problem. They need more power for the masses that cannot afford such a vehicle.
I can tell you this much: Coming from a 2.7 F-150 and going to a 2.3 Ranger, the 2.7 was freaking stout. While my Ranger never feels under powered, it's not in the same league as my F-150 was in terms of pure hooligan level fun. I have seen the 2.7 4x4 F-150 Scab tested 0-60 in as low as 5.8 seconds in 4x4 sport mode! Gearing, tires and PCM programming ( 10R60 vs 10R80? ) can all change that in the Bronco, but I'd hope Ford get's it right like they did the F-150. I have also owned two Wrangler's with the 3.6 Pentastar and 6 speed. I thought it was a pretty good powerplant albeit lacking low end torque. Comparing the Ranger 2.3 to the Gladiator 3.6, the Ranger is in my opinion hands down a better truck/off-road engine. I towed a 5,800 lb loaded TT with my Ranger and it amazed me. So much, that I decided to opt for a 2.3 in my Bronco instead of the $1,895 price increase for the 2.7 (and the slightly better mpg of the 4cyl). The 2.7 SHOULD blow people away as long as Ford doesn't pamper the programming.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can tell you this much: Coming from a 2.7 F-150 and going to a 2.3 Ranger, the 2.7 was freaking stout. While my Ranger never feels under powered, it's not in the same league as my F-150 was in terms of pure hooligan level fun. I have seen the 2.7 4x4 F-150 Scab tested 0-60 in as low as 5.8 seconds in 4x4 sport mode! Gearing, tires and PCM programming ( 10R60 vs 10R80? ) can all change that in the Bronco, but I'd hope Ford get's it right like they did the F-150. I have also owned two Wrangler's with the 3.6 Pentastar and 6 speed. I thought it was a pretty good powerplant albeit lacking low end torque. Comparing the Ranger 2.3 to the Gladiator 3.6, the Ranger is in my opinion hands down a better truck/off-road engine. I towed a 5,800 lb loaded TT with my Ranger and it amazed me. So much, that I decided to opt for a 2.3 in my Bronco instead of the $1,500 price increase for the 2.7 and the slightly better mpg. The 2.7 SHOULD blow people away as long as Ford doesn't pamper the programming.
Good to hear from someone in the know! Thx

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While it is only available on the ā€œrubiconā€ model, there is a large spread of options on the rubicon. You can get one with the small screen, no heated seats, plastic bumpers, cloth, only soft top, etc.
Basically, you can get a rubicon optioned like a sport (very basic), or a Sahara (all the options).
You can get the much more expensive Rubicon optioned like the Sport?! How is that a positive? šŸ˜‚

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The positive is
You can build the jeep a la carte,
The lack of doing that on the Bronco is a big complaint on this forum

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can get the much more expensive Rubicon optioned like the Sport?! How is that a positive? šŸ˜‚
$40,000...how much is the most basic base Sasquatch? And they negotiate on the Jeep some. There really isnā€™t that much of a difference. Especially on the high optioned ones.
Ford rapes you to go from a Base to a Big Bend as well...thatā€™s why Iā€™m sticking with a base.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$40,000...how much is the most basic base Sasquatch? And they negotiate on the Jeep some. There really isnā€™t that much of a difference. Especially on the high optioned ones.
Ford rapes you to go from a Base to a Big Bend as well...thatā€™s why Iā€™m sticking with a base.
Not much of a difference? So, what youā€™re telling me is that thereā€™s no reason to consider a Jeep?

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the commentary seemed to just be some market truths somewhat inconvenient to some Jeep diehards.

The root of Fordā€™s delay problem here (other than covid global supply chain chaos) is extremely high demand. If Jeep werenā€™t so apparently content to rest on its laurels for years, there might not be such immense demand, so pointing to Fordā€™s delay issue might not be proving what you think it is proving.

In the end arms races can make both sides better equipped! No reason to bicker and snipe.
Jeep hasnā€™t rested on itā€™s laurels for years. The JL is light years ahead of the JK.

Last edited:

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a new first time Jeep owner I love my Gladiator. However, I'm no Jeep homer and am intrigued by what Ford has done with the Bronco. I like this competition and what Ford has offered. The opportunity to get larger tires, a lift, lockers, and especially 4.46 & 4.7 gears from the factory offered across the model lineup should not be overlooked. Lockers can only be had on my Gladiator from the two top trims Rubicon(2) and Mojave(1) and the axle ratio tops out at 4.1 period. Jeep pretends things like better gear ratios, especially needed for my manual jeep with 3.73 gears and no low end torque are gold. Ford may have their issues rolling the Bronco out, however the have the right idea and options for mainstream buyers, so I applaud them. I have a late Bronco reservation and will give serious consideration to a mansquatch or even a manual badlands. The 2.7 and a manual will seal the deal if it comes around. Oh and thank you For for keeping the manual transmission !!!

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep hasnā€™t rested on itā€™s laurels for years. The JL is light years ahead of the JK.
Itā€™s hard to say they havenā€™t rested and been lazy....otherwise they wouldnā€™t be frantically adding new engines, bigger tires to match Bronco, and many more catch up things to come. They had no competitor and it showed. Now it is also showing as they frantically play catch up.

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s hard to say they havenā€™t rested and been lazy....otherwise they wouldnā€™t be frantically adding new engines, bigger tires to match Bronco, and many more catch up things to come. They had no competitor and it showed. Now it is also showing as they frantically play catch up.
its hard to say that they have been lazy when the made huge improvements in 2018. There is literally no comparison between a JK and a JL. If you think that Jeep didnā€™t already have the 392 and 4XE in development, yet weā€™re able to rush them out during a pandemic, then what does that say about Ford?

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty funny as the V8 wrangler does not even come with 35s now.
And the bronco does not come with anything now. No one is getting broncos yet. With all the delays to the bronco, Jeep has plenty of time to match it or beat it and they will.

I am going to wait for a bronco, and jeep adding 35's or 37's will not change my mind, but this will keep jeep sales up when the bronco is here.

I would love for Ford to have a 7.3 v8 bronco but even the 4 cylinder has all the power I need. (your needs may be different).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its hard to say that they have been lazy when the made huge improvements in 2018. There is literally no comparison between a JK and a JL. If you think that Jeep didnā€™t already have the 392 and 4XE in development, yet weā€™re able to rush them out during a pandemic, then what does that say about Ford?
Theyā€™ve been lazy as hell. Anyone can see that except a huge homer. You should be the happiest of all as Bronco is forcing Jeep to be way, way better....or theyā€™ll get their clock cleaned.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theyā€™ve been lazy as hell. Anyone can see that except a huge homer. You should be the happiest of all as Bronco is forcing Jeep to be way, way better....or theyā€™ll get their clock cleaned.
why would I care when Iā€™m buying a Bronco? Itā€™s just absurd the amount of people that make judgements on vehicles that they have never owned.

What exactly do you think Jeep should be doing better. They arenā€™t going to abandon a solid front axle. The JL ride quality is a significant improvement over the JK. They have an engine for everyone, NA V6, Turbo 4, Diesel, Hybrid, and a V8. Their 8 speed is better than the 10speed that is going in the Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: