First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What PSI are you running your tires on your JL?
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6ā€™-1ā€, son is 6ā€™-3ā€, and you will LOVE the roominess of the Bronco. Iā€™m coming from a 4-door Unlimited Wrangler and then most recently a 4Runner. There is no comparison to either when it comes to comfort and road manners. Everyone knows the Wrangler is one of the worst on pavement. The 4Runner was better but so sluggish. The 2.7L Bronco has been a dream to drive in comparison to both. I havenā€™t had a moment where I didnā€™t have enough power, and I havenā€™t used Sport mode yet. Havenā€™t had a moment where I didnā€™t feel in full control of steering and braking. And inside, I have room to spare in every direction. So much head room, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever had my seat moved so far FORWARD! Iā€™m a guy who usually just slides every vehicle seat all the way back. Did the same initially in the Bronco, and then found myself moving it further and further forward every day for about five days until it was just right.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
35-36 psi cold.
Try the LCAs ($60ish)that Mopar sells with their 2 inch kit will help a lot with wandering gives it more caster, I put a Hellwig sway bar on mine and the top heavy feeling is pretty much gone. What MTs are you running? I have 37 toyos on mine and after a chalk test theyā€™re much happier at 27psi.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Wildtrak Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try the LCAs ($60ish)that Mopar sells with their 2 inch kit will help a lot with wandering gives it more caster, I put a Hellwig sway bar on mine and the top heavy feeling is pretty much gone. What MTs are you running? I have 37 toyos on mine and after a chalk test theyā€™re much happier at 27psi.
Hey sounds like a good solution and def worth a try. Does this look like the right part? SKU: 68322798AA https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68322798aa.html?

I'm running stock MTs Falcon Wildpeak. I was considering dropping to 32 psi to test it.

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Solid front axle vehicles like trucks and or the likes of the Jeep will always walk. You will never get away from this and sure you may take some play out the front steering with stabilizers and other tools being mentioned. But sorry the left wheel goes into a imperfect part of the road and the right wheel will pull to the lefts wheel terrain and vice or versa the right wheel to the left. This is why the Bronco as all here understand will have a more stable non walking effect since it has independent front suspensionšŸ˜

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey sounds like a good solution and def worth a try. Does this look like the right part? SKU: 68322798AA https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/68322798aa.html?

I'm running stock MTs Falcon Wildpeak. I was considering dropping to 32 psi to test it.
Those are it, rubicons come from the factory with slightly taller spring but the same LCAs as all other models. You can really notice a difference between driving a sport and driving a rubicon.The tq spec is 190ftlbs and itā€™s a massive pita if your working on the ground. 32psi will be perfect for the falkens and provide more contact on the road.

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, finally, I can answer this! Before I purchased my Bronco I purchased my first ever Jeep wrangler unlimited hybrid. Then , before I even took it home, dropped it off for 10k in upgrades. Wheels, tires, metal cloak lift, the works, it was a beast. Then, I started driving it. After about three days I sold it and purchased the bronco.

Literally, everything you said about the wrangler is the opposite with the bronco. The seats are better for bigger guys ( you said tall, i'm just bigger at 250 ), the inside feels bigger / is bigger. It's more like being in an F150 rather than a small compact car. The suspension is more forgiving, and better for an on-road ride, perhaps also because it has independent front suspension.

The wrangler is also very much underpowered, I had the hybrid, so it was almost 400 Horsepower, but when the battery was drained and I was just driving around, the 2.0 just didn't have the level of pep the 2.7 has, at all. The wrangler feels like a tool designed to do one thing very, very good. Go play in the woods. The bronco feels like it's been designed to do multiple things really good, rather than one thing very good.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Wildtrak Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, finally, I can answer this! Before I purchased my Bronco I purchased my first ever Jeep wrangler unlimited hybrid. Then , before I even took it home, dropped it off for 10k in upgrades. Wheels, tires, metal cloak lift, the works, it was a beast. Then, I started driving it. After about three days I sold it and purchased the bronco.

Literally, everything you said about the wrangler is the opposite with the bronco. The seats are better for bigger guys ( you said tall, i'm just bigger at 250 ), the inside feels bigger / is bigger. It's more like being in an F150 rather than a small compact car. The suspension is more forgiving, and better for an on-road ride, perhaps also because it has independent front suspension.

The wrangler is also very much underpowered, I had the hybrid, so it was almost 400 Horsepower, but when the battery was drained and I was just driving around, the 2.0 just didn't have the level of pep the 2.7 has, at all. The wrangler feels like a tool designed to do one thing very, very good. Go play in the woods. The bronco feels like it's been designed to do multiple things really good, rather than one thing very good.
Yeah, I thought about doing the same type of mod, but knew it make my issues worse .. at least with the on road driving part. Great to hear there's hope with the Bronco to have an off roader that can be driven comfortably on and off road. Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks.
Sponsored