leby065

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have one customer who installed over PPF. No issues so far and it’s been 2 months in the heat.
Also magnets are N48 grade, they are wicked powerful! Should not be an issue but would love to get feedback.
Mike
Well, yesterday I put the hook & loop (or velcro as simpletons like myself call it) on the Bronco (and bar skin) and a short 24 hours later I put the JTop on. I'm very OCD about the final product. Unfortunately, in my excitement I usually am comfortable skimming past instructions. After the install I reread through several pages on this thread, and hope other people have the same or better luck that I did as it turned out great.

Few notes and rambles from my first take.... I'll post updates in the next few weeks if anything dramatically changes.

1) It's 99 degrees today in the Chicago suburbs, so I expect I'll need to adjust the tension (either back straps or side hook & loop) the next time or two I take the top completely back. There are a few subtle waves in the mesh fabric that I expect are normal and can be straightened out through time and maneuvering the fasteners.

2) Miraculously, the front edge snugs right up to the front seal/gasket. I didn't pay attention to this portion as I put the bimini/shade on. I don't know how I'd be able to have the front corners under the rubber without the front edge overlapping (mentioned a bit earlier in the thread). I'll consider this a happy accident, and that the product is so good, that it ended up at the right spot.

3) The Tread Wear Bronco Skinz - I'll be curious how this plays out over the next several weeks/months. I attached the velcro directly to the rubber. It seems to stick well - and there are several magnets at each corner. One of the magnets is over the rubber - so that extra 1/8th of thickness weakens the strength a bit. My install also left a bit of a gap/bubble near the back roll bars. I'm not sure if that's user error, the bar skinz, or a combo of items. Given its not at the front - I'm only be worried about this should I face a massive crosswind. Worst case scenario, some extra velcro was included and I can partially remove the rubber skin.

4) Note to those re-installing the soft top brackets - you may need to readjust the forward/rear placement to make sure the top latches correctly on *both* sides. I know this may be common sense to some, but I can see some missing the fact that the passenger side may not clasp all the way.

5) The front loops - I'll likely cut those off. I don't see a purpose for those. I know that's been addressed earlier in the thread as well.

6) Putting the top back on takes maybe 30-60 more seconds. Given the fact there is lateral play I slowed down a bit to make sure it didn't catch the velcro portion near the rear roll bar. Also need to make sure the front flap is folded back all the way. One of the magnets had a habit of flapping back into top off position. This is last one is only a mild annoyance, but I suspect it'll become more pliable with time.

7) With the fully top back on, the bimini does look a bit like a headliner. However, the front of it does look a bit wavy/sloppy (because you need to fold it up to latch the top back on). I'm no engineer, but I don't anticipate there is an easy (or cost effective) way to solve for this. This isn't meant as a jab, I'm perfectly fine with the trade off. I don't look up often with the top on, and my wife and kids certainly wouldn't notice anything. But with the top down, we certainly would notice any light coming through a potential gap. I've been in Jeeps with crappy shades, and the light coming through the front gap can be aggravating.

Final thoughts.... I prefer the look of the Bronco without a bimini/sun shade/JTop. However, my kids in the back seat complain about the sun, wind, etc. I have not seen another Bronco bimini in person, but based on everything I read JTops was the way to go. Given the feedback I've seen on this forum and others, and my experience today, I'd say I made the right decision. Took my son for a test drive (and to get outrageously expensive gas) and we got up to roughly 45 MPH. No added noise or wind buffeting that I noticed, and he wasn't complaining about the sunlight, heat, or wind. I'll be able to take it out Friday again, and should be able to hit the interstate. I don't anticipate any problems.

For anyone that's looking for pictures, I can send ones from different angles or distances. Went with titanium mesh for my A51 with black leather interior.
Sponsored

Attachments

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

110 degree heat index today and drove around with the top down. Love this shade more and more every day. I would agree with the review above on everything minus the rollbar PPF skin issues. It’s got it’s minor quicks but still the best package overall. Plenty of highway time at 75-80mph with no drama.

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is f'n hilarious. Now for something completely different (Monty Python). You wouldn't happen to have a white sample to put on that baby would you. Have that on order and would love to see the mock up, lol.
1655070811464.png
Na... I don't have the white... I got the black, blue and titanium samplers.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, yesterday I put the hook & loop (or velcro as simpletons like myself call it) on the Bronco (and bar skin) and a short 24 hours later I put the JTop on. I'm very OCD about the final product. Unfortunately, in my excitement I usually am comfortable skimming past instructions. After the install I reread through several pages on this thread, and hope other people have the same or better luck that I did as it turned out great.

Few notes and rambles from my first take.... I'll post updates in the next few weeks if anything dramatically changes.

1) It's 99 degrees today in the Chicago suburbs, so I expect I'll need to adjust the tension (either back straps or side hook & loop) the next time or two I take the top completely back. There are a few subtle waves in the mesh fabric that I expect are normal and can be straightened out through time and maneuvering the fasteners.

2) Miraculously, the front edge snugs right up to the front seal/gasket. I didn't pay attention to this portion as I put the bimini/shade on. I don't know how I'd be able to have the front corners under the rubber without the front edge overlapping (mentioned a bit earlier in the thread). I'll consider this a happy accident, and that the product is so good, that it ended up at the right spot.

3) The Tread Wear Bronco Skinz - I'll be curious how this plays out over the next several weeks/months. I attached the velcro directly to the rubber. It seems to stick well - and there are several magnets at each corner. One of the magnets is over the rubber - so that extra 1/8th of thickness weakens the strength a bit. My install also left a bit of a gap/bubble near the back roll bars. I'm not sure if that's user error, the bar skinz, or a combo of items. Given its not at the front - I'm only be worried about this should I face a massive crosswind. Worst case scenario, some extra velcro was included and I can partially remove the rubber skin.

4) Note to those re-installing the soft top brackets - you may need to readjust the forward/rear placement to make sure the top latches correctly on *both* sides. I know this may be common sense to some, but I can see some missing the fact that the passenger side may not clasp all the way.

5) The front loops - I'll likely cut those off. I don't see a purpose for those. I know that's been addressed earlier in the thread as well.

6) Putting the top back on takes maybe 30-60 more seconds. Given the fact there is lateral play I slowed down a bit to make sure it didn't catch the velcro portion near the rear roll bar. Also need to make sure the front flap is folded back all the way. One of the magnets had a habit of flapping back into top off position. This is last one is only a mild annoyance, but I suspect it'll become more pliable with time.

7) With the fully top back on, the bimini does look a bit like a headliner. However, the front of it does look a bit wavy/sloppy (because you need to fold it up to latch the top back on). I'm no engineer, but I don't anticipate there is an easy (or cost effective) way to solve for this. This isn't meant as a jab, I'm perfectly fine with the trade off. I don't look up often with the top on, and my wife and kids certainly wouldn't notice anything. But with the top down, we certainly would notice any light coming through a potential gap. I've been in Jeeps with crappy shades, and the light coming through the front gap can be aggravating.

Final thoughts.... I prefer the look of the Bronco without a bimini/sun shade/JTop. However, my kids in the back seat complain about the sun, wind, etc. I have not seen another Bronco bimini in person, but based on everything I read JTops was the way to go. Given the feedback I've seen on this forum and others, and my experience today, I'd say I made the right decision. Took my son for a test drive (and to get outrageously expensive gas) and we got up to roughly 45 MPH. No added noise or wind buffeting that I noticed, and he wasn't complaining about the sunlight, heat, or wind. I'll be able to take it out Friday again, and should be able to hit the interstate. I don't anticipate any problems.

For anyone that's looking for pictures, I can send ones from different angles or distances. Went with titanium mesh for my A51 with black leather interior.
Great work! Looks awesome!!!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is Mike, thanks for all the great feedback in this review.
Our commitment is to take all the suggestions and add improvements over time.
Customer comments are the best way for us to improve. We never settle for just ok!
Thanks again,
Mike

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just placed an order that I should have made weeks ago. My family doesn't appreciate the sun and wind like I do so I have to keep the hard top on until this gets here,

leby065

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Mike, thanks for all the great feedback in this review.
Our commitment is to take all the suggestions and add improvements over time.
Customer comments are the best way for us to improve. We never settle for just ok!
Thanks again,
Mike
Thanks, Mike!

Should I have questions/feedback can I reach out via email? Or is the forum the way to go?

Thanks!

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would be interested to know your opinion of highway speeds? I have the Gearshade and already took it off. It flaps so much and is so loud I hate it. Wasted money.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be interested to know your opinion of highway speeds? I have the Gearshade and already took it off. It flaps so much and is so loud I hate it. Wasted money.
I use my BRONCO for my business in the Chicagoland area and I drive between country roads and major interstates. I don’t always do the minimum speed limit and it doesn’t flap at all. You do get the wind noise but way less than not having it. I’ve even had phone conversations while driving with no complaints. There is a guy who recently posted a video of him driving. It’s floating around somewhere (Facebook).
I hope this helps

Sponsored

meffie

Wildtrak
First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use my BRONCO for my business in the Chicagoland area and I drive between country roads and major interstates. I don’t always do the minimum speed limit and it doesn’t flap at all. You do get the wind noise but way less than not having it. I’ve even had phone conversations while driving with no complaints. There is a guy who recently posted a video of him driving. It’s floating around somewhere (Facebook).
I hope this helps
Good to hear. I'm not worried about wind noise. The noise I was referring too was directly related to the gearshade flapping, and hitting the plastic covers over the top latch mounts.

Hrm, I'll see if I can find the vid. Thats really what I'd like to see. A vid at 60+ mph.

Thank you!

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to hear. I'm not worried about wind noise. The noise I was referring too was directly related to the gearshade flapping, and hitting the plastic covers over the top latch mounts.

Hrm, I'll see if I can find the vid. Thats really what I'd like to see. A vid at 60+ mph.

Thank you!
I’ll see if I can find the video too.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you!
Here’s a snapshot of his Facebook post with his name

94479028-1EE9-4FBB-A95A-7F3641FAFD42.jpeg

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. I just searched his name and found the vid. Appreciate your assistance!
Here is the video @JTopsUSA posted on here.

Here is a speed test at 86 MPH. Not a single competitor will post theirs!
We test everything to the extreme. Mike
Sponsored