Sponsored

JTopsUSA Review (9 months) vs Mesh (8 months)

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when I got my Bronco JTops didn't have a top but the other style mesh tops with bungees were out. So I ordered a mesh top and it was great (Got this Nov 2021) Used it a few months then it was time for the top to stay on for the winter I kept the mesh top on also to help cut down on sound from the soft top. (Yes this helps). Now summer time comes and I put the top back down the the bungees are just not as tight anymore. Flapped around more way more noise and so on.

In July of 2022 I buy the JTops cover use it all the rest of the summer let me be clear I never put the top up during the summer. Came winter I put the top up and now it's coming back summer still letting the top up and down at this point but the Top is just like it was new no slack.

Post #189 is my original install.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-badlands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/page-13

If I was buying today I would 100% buy the JTops and be done.

Now being I always give my opinion 100% and you have to take the good with the Bad this is my only negative.

Let me be clear this is extreme and really not a big deal at all.

I wish the front flap would flip back 1/4-1/2in more just enough that I could flip it from the drivers side and the latch on the passenger side would clear every time that way I wouldn't have to walk around and make it clear the mesh so I can latch the soft top. Look, again this is being very extreme but if they did a V2 it would make it nicer.

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Review (9 months) vs Mesh (8 months) IMG_1977
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL I had this same grip lowering my top last night. I initially had the Ford/Bestop Mesh and removed it in favor of the JTOPs and I do agree. Though I wish the velcro had some template or something to follow for install. I had to wait nearly 2 months for the right weather to get it installed with the adhesion promoter and even then some of the strips are coming off. The final fit is awesome.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So when I got my Bronco JTops didn't have a top but the other style mesh tops with bungees were out. So I ordered a mesh top and it was great (Got this Nov 2021) Used it a few months then it was time for the top to stay on for the winter I kept the mesh top on also to help cut down on sound from the soft top. (Yes this helps). Now summer time comes and I put the top back down the the bungees are just not as tight anymore. Flapped around more way more noise and so on.

In July of 2022 I buy the JTops cover use it all the rest of the summer let me be clear I never put the top up during the summer. Came winter I put the top up and now it's coming back summer still letting the top up and down at this point but the Top is just like it was new no slack.

Post #189 is my original install.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-badlands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/page-13

If I was buying today I would 100% buy the JTops and be done.

Now being I always give my opinion 100% and you have to take the good with the Bad this is my only negative.

Let me be clear this is extreme and really not a big deal at all.

I wish the front flap would flip back 1/4-1/2in more just enough that I could flip it from the drivers side and the latch on the passenger side would clear every time that way I wouldn't have to walk around and make it clear the mesh so I can latch the soft top. Look, again this is being very extreme but if they did a V2 it would make it nicer.

IMG_1977.jpg
Or Velcro that would hold the front edge back when closing soft top. What have found unfortunately is by having flap pulled back like that, when you put the soft top back again and use the mesh, that plastic is warped and not a clean edge anymore.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or Velcro that would hold the front edge back when closing soft top. What have found unfortunately is by having flap pulled back like that, when you put the soft top back again and use the mesh, that plastic is warped and not a clean edge anymore.
Mine has certainly become wavy. I'm hoping it straightens out after a few days in the warm sun.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has certainly become wavy. I'm hoping it straightens out after a few days in the warm sun.
I'm afraid it won't. I just pull the magnets really tight and tuck the plastic under or as close to the rubber as I can. Still the best top in my opinion after seeing other brands. Actually what would be best, if the Jtop had cut outs where the soft top clamps could fit through and never have to worry about folding it back.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm afraid it won't. I just pull the magnets really tight and tuck the plastic under or as close to the rubber as I can. Still the best top in my opinion after seeing other brands. Actually what would be best, if the Jtop had cut outs where the soft top clamps could fit through and never have to worry about folding it back.
Cut outs would be the way to go
Sponsored